Euro 2020 England V Croatia | KIck off 2pm | Live BBC One - No Borna

Fair enough mate.

TBH I was far more worried about the Mings / Stones partnership before the game than the GK.

If Croatia had anyone half decent up front that could've been a problem.
That is also a problem. England haven’t had 2 good international quality centre halves since Terry and Ferdinand.

Hopefully Dykes can put himself about a bit on Friday.

Croatia looked poor, England didn't look too good either but some clever work from Phillips to Sterling got them a very good goal.
Did Barisic have a injury?

That is also a problem. England haven’t had 2 good international quality centre halves since Terry and Ferdinand.

Hopefully Dykes can put himself about a bit on Friday.

Maguire is obviously the best bet but even he's not anywhere near good enough IMHO.

England have some excellent attacking options but the defence will be their undoing.

No offence to anyone but when it comes to football English are the cringiest people I've ever seen from the pundits to the supporters its honestly cringey. Glad we are pish and dont qualify much as we don't get chance to act like total cringeworthy fuds
Oh ffs, the irony. For years that so called Tartan Army have been making Scottish people cringe every time they're at an away game especially. They are an embarrassment to Scotland.

Maguire is obviously the best bet but even he's not anywhere near good enough IMHO.

England have some excellent attacking options but the defence will be their undoing.
Agree. Maguire is another bombscare that is only hyped as he is because he is English and had the best 6 games of his life during the World Cup. Nowhere near a £80 million defender

I don’t agree at all . In my time I’ve seen Clemence , shilton , woods , Seamen, Play for England . Only Goram and mcgregor in that league for Scotland .
Didn’t say it wasn’t close, but as much as we might like to have a go at them if they were English Gordon, Marshall, McLaughlin, Rough, Leighton and others would all have England caps.

I’ll give you Banks and Shilton though. Woods as well maybe but his career for me is too close to Goram and as great as Woods was Goram was better.

I don’t agree at all . In my time I’ve seen Clemence , shilton , woods , Seamen, Play for England . Only Goram and mcgregor in that league for Scotland .
I can go back just a little bit further and throw Banks into the mix as well. No question in my mind, at least since 1970, England have had the better keepers all in all.

Oh ffs, the irony. For years that so called Tartan Army have been making Scottish people cringe every time they're at an away game especially. They are an embarrassment to Scotland.

They donate considerable amounts to a children’s charity in every country they visit.

They might not be everyone’s cup of tea but they’re certainly not “an embarrassment to Scotland”.

You answer, you posted it. Let's hear these Scots keepers that are better historically than English keepers
Didn’t say it wasn’t close, but as much as we might like to have a go at them if they were English Gordon, Marshall, McLaughlin, Rough, Leighton and others would all have England caps.

I’ll give you Banks and Shilton though. Woods as well maybe but his career for me is too close to Goram and as great as Woods was Goram was better.
Throw in Bobby Brown for the time before Banks. My knowledge starts dropping off around then though.

Croatia played with a much lower tempo than they did at the last world cup, they played with a very high level of intensity at the 2018 world cup, I seem to remember that there were conspiracy theories that they could have been using performance enhancing drugs because they seemed to have so much energy and hardly seemed to tire.

What's with the anti english rage about talking up their teams chances. Or should they go down the scottish route of being a miserable c**t ? Inferiority complex is strong on here, or the nats have came out their shell.
It's always like this when England play. It's like they think that English commentators broadcasting to an 80% English audience shouldn't have the effrontery to celebrate any English success for fear of offending the serial under achievers.

Nobody on TV gonna mention how bad Croatia were? Worse I have saw from them in years.

I think some people think this is the same side that went to the World Cup final.

Some aged players, the loss of their second best player, but they’ve regressed big time since then. Also as pathetic as it sounds I feel like I don’t like them anymore for leaving Borna on the bench :(

I always thought the running joke was the English mocked the Scottish GKs but that might be 60s 70s or even 80s :))
Or even all 3 decades!
Only real class one we really had at international level was Bill Brown, maybe Bobby Clark at a push, we never had a true top class keeper until Goram I would say

Watching the pundits on ITV and discussing the atmosphere saying it was excellent

I thought it was quite quiet in comparison to some of the other games I’ve seen with limited crowds

Croatia were poor

Gary lineker said we can’t play this result down as Croatia have some of the best players in the world

%^*& knows who he was talking about except from Modric

It's always like this when England play. It's like they think that English commentators broadcasting to an 80% English audience shouldn't have the effrontery to celebrate any English success for fear of offending the serial under achievers.
Unfortunately for England they also fit that category I can see why they bum them up they support them but they actually put more pressure on a team who clearly never handle pressure well.

Back