Euro 2020 England V Croatia | KIck off 2pm | Live BBC One - No Borna

hold on. I thought Croatia were poor? Now they're decent? Isn't it great that England beat Croatia who are decent? :))

WERE decent, years ago. They've been on a MASSIVE decline in the years since then.

Croatia in their last 10 have only won 4.
All while they've lost to Belgium, Slovenia, Portugal, Sweden, France and drew with Armenia.

Is that World Class?

Last edited:
Thought England were shite tbh. It was a boring watch.
However, that doesn't mean they won't come out all guns blazing next game and maybe even win the thing. They're expected to wins things, whilst Scotland are not. We're just not very good and can't be arsed with them tbh. Need a few more of us in that team before I could get even remotely interested and Clarke also gives me the boak.

We already know how Scotland threads are on here. Choc full of posts berating them, until Scotland score - that’s the only time it’s quiet in a Scotland match thread B-D
It’s unstanuch not to want England to win don’t ya know,yet some of my loyalist mates in England hate the England football team

Thought England were poor and can see them getting dumped out by the first decent side they meet. Can’t see progress under Southgate aside from loads of young players brought into the squad. They’re a tough watch.

When a team get a result against Spurs I wonder if they walk away saying “‘kin hell we just beat the Champions League finalists!”
I've watched england and the likes of Germany get off to very poor starts in tournaments and go on to do well. England started off rank in italy, but just missed out on penalties to reach the final. In fact, they didnt start too well at euro 96, but the same thing happened.

Most teams in these tournaments dont start well, the ones who do tend to burn themselves out. Far too early to write anyone off.

They got a result without playing well, that's never a bad thing. If and it's a big if, they get to the semis they'll have a chance and you'll need a doctor.

It’s unstanuch not to want England to win don’t ya know,yet some of my loyalist mates in England hate the England football team

I honestly find the whole thing of folk posturing themselves as staunch by roaring on England, truly strange; it’s as cringy as those “no interest in any football outside of Rangers” types. At the same time there’s guys saying ‘of course Lineker et al are going over the top they’re broadcasting to an audience that’s 80% English’. Meantime these guys can’t get their heads around some mocking comments about England’s football side and support for Scotland’s on a forum that’s predominantly made up of Scots. Mystifying indeed B-D

I honestly find the whole thing of folk posturing themselves as staunch by roaring on England, truly strange; it’s as cringy as those “no interest in any football outside of Rangers” types. At the same time there’s guys saying ‘of course Lineker et al are going over the top they’re broadcasting to an audience that’s 80% English’. Meantime these guys can’t get their heads around some mocking comments about England’s football side and support for Scotland’s on a forum that’s predominantly made up of Scots. Mystifying indeed B-D

Took the words right out my mouth. Weird thing about this forum is folk expecting Scottish people to be complimentary to England or just sit and shut up when their pundits/commentators behave like clowns

Meanwhile the same people will be (and have been) slagging Scotland relentlessly

Never understand people getting their knickers in a twist at pundits being excited at their team winning their first match at the start of a major tournament. It would be the same up here if we weren't so shite.

No one is taking issue with the pundits being happy at the win. The issue is that England were bang average and they’re just setting themselves up for major disappointment when they get knocked out.

They’re completely deluding themselves by arguing England were excellent. It’s one of the most boring games of football I’ve seen in years.

One thing is for sure. Scotland will never run out of fish suppers etc. There are enough chips on shoulders to feed the wee nation for decades :D
Every goal England score and every win they get is like a dagger through every Nat heart .

you can see them all now “I dont hate England , I just don’t like the commentators”

In Scotland , Racism is fine if England is on the receiving end .

I've watched england and the likes of Germany get off to very poor starts in tournaments and go on to do well. England started off rank in italy, but just missed out on penalties to reach the final. In fact, they didnt start too well at euro 96, but the same thing happened.

Most teams in these tournaments dont start well, the ones who do tend to burn themselves out. Far too early to write anyone off.

They got a result without playing well, that's never a bad thing. If and it's a big if, they get to the semis they'll have a chance and you'll need a doctor.
Agreed.

Tournament football is all about building. Getting points on board to begin with and then start to build something.

Everyone knows England are qualifying comfortably from the group, so there is no panic. If you peak too soon then it can come back and hurt you.

England have a good as chance as anyone of going all the way.

Took the words right out my mouth. Weird thing about this forum is folk expecting Scottish people to be complimentary to England or just sit and shut up when their pundits/commentators behave like clowns

Meanwhile the same people will be (and have been) slagging Scotland relentlessly
As a rangers da let me tell you up to the point rangers signed butcher et al.Rangers supporters enjoyed seeing England get beat as much as anybody.i laugh my tits off when England gets knocked out and it’s not because I hate the English it’s because I don’t like their football team.

Every goal England score and every win they get is like a dagger through every Nat heart .

you can see them all now “I dont hate England , I just don’t like the commentators”

Radio Scotland play that card all the time. Chic Young et al are always saying they don’t hate England just their media. In reality they hate them and the biased coverage is miles worse than anything you hear from the English based media.

Personally I'm not particularly bothered who wins it. I know scotland wont, but wish them well. We're just not good enough.

I'm just hoping for a good tournament, but I'm not hopeful with the games being spread around and a lot of these guys have hardly had a decent break with the covid problems delaying the leagues.

In fact the Austria/n macedonia game is the best one for me up to now.

As a rangers da let me tell you up to the point rangers signed butcher et al.Rangers supporters enjoyed seeing England get beat as much as anybody.i laugh my tits off when England gets knocked out and it’s not because I hate the English it’s because I don’t like their football team.
A lot of water has passed under the bridge since them days. The last few weeks especially, have proved this much.

Keep the nats out of it and I'll be much more comfortable with it.

Radio Scotland play that card all the time. Chic Young et al are always saying they don’t hate England just their media. In reality they hate them and the biased coverage is miles worse than anything you hear from the English based media.
Exactly.

People on here going on about English commentators/pundits.

Where do you even begin with the stuff from Scottish pundits etc??! That's different level drivel.

Give me the English pundits over any of the Scottish lot every day of the week.

I'm just glad I live in England.

So if you don’t like the England football team your a raging Nat.you can be a loyalist and not want England to win a game of football and know plenty who enjoy seeing England get beat as any Nat

Even when Butcher and Woods signed Rangers fans were wanting Scotland to beat England. It's the separatist attitude from many Scots, a lot of whom are Tartan Army members, that turned many Rangers fans against Scotland and add the hatred that comes from so many in the political spectrum that sickens so many of us. That's the real reasons, nothing to do with us signing English players.

Even when Butcher and Woods signed Rangers fans were wanting Scotland to beat England. It's the separatist attitude from many Scots, a lot of whom are Tartan Army members, that turned many Rangers fans against Scotland and add the hatred that comes from so many in the political spectrum that sickens so many of us. That's the real reasons, nothing to do with us signing English players.
Can understand that. It's the almost subservient fawning over the England team from some that brings on the cringe.

I have no time for the tartan army but I have got to the stage where I will not let them stop me hoping my country does well in the euros.scotland belongs to all of us as much as it doesn’t seem like it at many times.

So if you don’t like the England football team your a raging Nat.you can be a loyalist and not want England to win a game of football and know plenty who enjoy seeing England get beat as any Nat
Where did I say that ? Stop making shit up .

the levels of anti English racism in Scotland mean that every English victory will annoy every Nat .

there are fellow fans on this board who are suffering from almost weekly instances of racism because of the snp . Things like this football tournament increase it and the people responsible hide behind statements like “ i hate the commentators”

The ones supporting England on here are very likely mostly English! Not Scots trying to be staunch. There's a lot of Rangers supporters and well wishers down south, see that Southampton flag with the Rangers crest on it. It's mostly a Scots forum but not entirely so those of us who do support England from England are bound to push back, why wouldn't we?

England were fairly average but got a win.
Unsurprising to see pundits rewriting it as an excellent performance.

Phillips played well though I thought.

Where did I say that ? Stop making shit up .

the levels of anti English racism in Scotland mean that every English victory will annoy every Nat .

there are fellow fans on this board who are suffering from almost weekly instances of racism because of the snp . Things like this football tournament increase it and the people responsible hide behind statements like “ i hate the commentators”
Firstly my apologies I did pick you up wrong.after reading your post again I got what you were saying.
The anti-English racism has gotten worse with the rise of the Nats but has it not always been that scots do by and large have a right good giggle when things go wrong for England in tournaments.

I remember pre Butcher etc and I’d agree with that, it was after that we were taunted by the wee diddy supports as dirty English basturds and i think loads of bears got on the defensive and the resentment started and grew from there. Having said that I’m now at a position where i don’t mind seeing England win, not supporting them as such but in certain tournaments/games I’ll hope they win, the 96 semi against Germany i was rooting for England and Gazza, i loved it when Johnny Wilkinson put the ball through the posts for England to win the rugby World Cup, same with Freddie Flintoff n co winning the ashes, other times i couldn’t care who wins, lots of folk with different opinions, no right or wrong.

I have never been able to understand why people on here take an England win so badly or get upset with anyone that likes seeing them do quite well. If you ask the same posters if its ok to enjoy watching barca, pep, brazil, bayern or whatever it might be thats perfectly fine as that is not the same for some reason.

If you are really 100 per cent tartan army and love the country you should be quite pleased with that game today. Scotland have a great chance to go through they can beat the other 2 teams and if England play that way could well get a result there too.

The pundits did talk shite theres no doubt but i think they are just so desperate to do well they dont want to put so much pressure on the players or the manager.

Relax folk dont smash yer bagpipes until we find a way to crash out.

England, Scotland is like Rangers, Aberdeen. Aberdeen are the ones who think it's a big rivalry and get all pumped against us, when in fact they are an irrelevance to us and absolutely no threat. We just look on and laugh at the sheep. Same with England - > Scotland.
Difference is, the majority of Rangers and sheep fans are Scottish. England just look down on us because they think Scottish people are scum.

Maybe they're just English people supporting their national team (this is an England match thread after all) or Scottish people who don't want to see England lose and wish them well?
TBH it's quite weird seeing them in the bear pit. Must be quiet in the lounge. I'm sure they'll find something to get outraged at soon enough and they'll vanish again.

Back