Euro 2020 England V Croatia | KIck off 2pm | Live BBC One - No Borna

I have never been able to understand why people on here take an England win so badly or get upset with anyone that likes seeing them do quite well. If you ask the same posters if its ok to enjoy watching barca, pep, brazil, bayern or whatever it might be thats perfectly fine as that is not the same for some reason.

If you are really 100 per cent tartan army and love the country you should be quite pleased with that game today. Scotland have a great chance to go through they can beat the other 2 teams and if England play that way could well get a result there too.

The pundits did talk shite theres no doubt but i think they are just so desperate to do well they dont want to put so much pressure on the players or the manager.

Relax folk dont smash yer bagpipes until we find a way to crash out.
The pundits are no different to any other pundits, in any other country.

English people in my experience do not hate Scots, that's nonsense from you. I've lived in England for 37 years and have never experienced any anti-Scots attitude during that.
Behave. They hate us and not surprisingly us them too which all comes down to their arrogance. Horrible bunch who with a bunch fat splodges who cause trouble all the time and cry when get a slap. They Say cringey things like its coming home. The pundits too...

Apart from that and away from football they have a decent sense of humour. When it comes to football I could upper cut one straight between the knackers

English people in my experience do not hate Scots, that's nonsense from you. I've lived in England for 37 years and have never experienced any anti-Scots attitude during that.
This.
I have been down in England for my entire adult life and never lost my accent.
English people I meet and engage with are spot on and most are extremely fond of the Scots and Scotland.
You meet the occasional person who doesn't like us but they are very rare and are usually the sort that doesn't like anyone, probably not even themselves.

However, they do enjoy taking the piss out of us and recently they have had much piss to take.
Overall the English have traditionally been proud of Scotland as a noble part of the KIngdom that produces good people.
Sadly it isn't them that are changing that dynamic of comprehension.

As a rangers da let me tell you up to the point rangers signed butcher et al.Rangers supporters enjoyed seeing England get beat as much as anybody.i laugh my tits off when England gets knocked out and it’s not because I hate the English it’s because I don’t like their football team.
And possibly because you are a older jock :)) !

You probably,like me remember a time when it was the thing to do to bait the English.And vice versa.
I live in Staffordshire.We had a lot of Scottish immigration for the mines in the 60's.My family moved from the North East of England at the same time.
I remember the old jocks,from both sides of the divide would rip it out if each other over their teams but be totally behind Scotland and each other when England v Scotland was on.
And we all loved it .I want Scotland to do well,though recently I'm not so fussed as the team has been hi jacked by the Natzi government to a degree.

And yes,I hope we pump you on Friday.Apart from that game I'm wanting you to well in general.Though that may depend if Nippy decides to be a go go dancer for the team.

The ones supporting England on here are very likely mostly English! Not Scots trying to be staunch. There's a lot of Rangers supporters and well wishers down south, see that Southampton flag with the Rangers crest on it. It's mostly a Scots forum but not entirely so those of us who do support England from England are bound to push back, why wouldn't we?

You can’t have been on the forum long mate. It’s choc full of Scots greeting at anyone who doesn’t get on the England bandwagon, been that way for as long as I can remember.

Difference is, the majority of Rangers and sheep fans are Scottish. England just look down on us because they think Scottish people are scum.
I've lived in England for over 20 years.

I can tell you that English people barely think about Scots or Scotland. They are too busy doing their own thing and do not have an obsession with Scotland like many Scots do about the English.

The only thing that has been noticeable in recent years is that they - quite rightly - look on in dismay at the political situation in Scotland and shake their head in disbelief about what has happened.

And possibly because you are a older jock :)) !

You probably,like me remember a time when it was the thing to do to bait the English.And vice versa.
I live in Staffordshire.We had a lot of Scottish immigration for the mines in the 60's.My family moved from the North East of England at the same time.
I remember the old jocks,from both sides of the divide would rip it out if each other over their teams but be totally behind Scotland and each other when England v Scotland was on.
And we all loved it .I want Scotland to do well,though recently I'm not so fussed as the team has been hi jacked by the Natzi government to a degree.

And yes,I hope we pump you on Friday.Apart from that game I'm wanting you to well in general.Though that may depend if Nippy decides to be a go go dancer for the team.
Some of my family moved down to corby in the 60’s and when my uncles would go down to wembley they would stay in corby.my uncle tells a story about going back to corby after the game in 79 and seeing hector Nicholl (Scottish comedian) on stage in one of the clubs and he ended up on stage with him.

A terrible match. But 3 points for England so they'll rightly be delighted.

Listening to Rio Ferdinand and Frank Lampard talking guff afterwards was borderline comedy in their quest to paint the actual match as brilliant.

I do wonder though if the Croats wrote this one off and will be much more improved and adventurous v us and the Czechs.

Listening to Rio Ferdinand and Frank Lampard talking guff afterwards was borderline comedy in their quest to paint the actual match as brilliant.

I do wonder though if the Croats wrote this one off and will be much more improved and adventurous v us and the Czechs.
I don’t think Croatia will have any problems whatsoever in picking up 6 points. 4 is a certainty, in my opinion.

But it is the Euros, so who knows?

Difference is, the majority of Rangers and sheep fans are Scottish. England just look down on us because they think Scottish people are scum.
I left Scotland 47 years ago and, since then have lived in Wales, England and Northern Ireland as well as a few years back in Scotland and time overseas.

This ‘looking down’ on Scots and seeing them as ‘scum’ is a figment of your very active imagination. I will tell you something, as a Scot living in England you will generally receive a warmer welcome than an Englishmen living in Scotland I can assure you. I’ve known, literally, hundreds on both sides who’ve done it. In truth, for the vast majority, you will be made welcome in both situations - unless you are unfortunate enough to come across a rabid Nat in Scotland or an utter screwball in England. The odds on the first are far higher than on the second.

I don’t think Croatia will have any problems whatsoever in picking up 6 points. 4 is a certainty, in my opinion.

But it is the Euros, so who knows?
Yep, that's my thinking. They played that match as if it was an exhibition it was that slow, so reckon they'll be different for the next 2.

I thought England looked poor but I've seen much better England teams containing the likes of Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney etc etc fail to win their first games and the pressure is instantly on them for the next 2 games.

Some of my family moved down to corby in the 60’s and when my uncles would go down to wembley they would stay in corby.my uncle tells a story about going back to corby after the game in 79 and seeing hector Nicholl (Scottish comedian) on stage in one of the clubs and he ended up on stage with him.
Corby was /is a steelmaking town.

Buses run from there I believe for both old firm teams..

Yes,you lot used to take over the south and smash our football furniture. :))

Think it was 88,the last home international at Wembley v Scotland iirc.we were down for my mates Bands gig.We tubed it across to near South Harrow.we got a blasting of ' you dirty English barstools' at us whilst being offered cans of jock juice.Thats how it was .

Ironically,we watched the game with a load of Irish lads in their flat .One was like' come on the Celts'

I had to remind him a lot of the players in that team were Rangers ,as was our team too.So I reminded him that 2/3 of the players on show at least would say they were British:))

This pidgin holing of folk maybe easier to do now but then it was harder.For example one of the lads from Limerick,who we met in Israel ,who used to dislike the English before he met any of them actually used to love Thatcher:))and said if he was British he'd vote for her .Loved how she was sticking up for us etc .I actually didn't share the love at the time:D

Love reading your stuff mate.
ALL from YOUR life experiences.

Like how you talk about the decent Irish folk ,of whom there are many.The RA and the likes don't represent the actual Irish whatsoever in my eyes these days.

Parts of Blackpool are full of Scottish too.

Can you verify for me ,and I'm sure I'm correct here,that you NEVER saw a rabid in a RoI top years ago.The Catholic Scott's man ,in the main used to be as Scottish as the Protestant one.
Certainly down here I never have and still don't know any Catholic ,Celtic supporter who wears the green above the blue

Nah, they'll be a lot more patient.

Apparently they were working on their possession game all this week to try and limit oppositions chances and give their own players time on the ball.

We wouldn't let this type sip Pimm's with us Brother :D
It's gotta be pints of real ale for the Morris dancing Jtc! "A pint of Old Grumblebollocks
please Les. It's CAMRAs beer of the month".
I've got a mate who lives in the self styled Morris capital of England. They have a summer festival and have Morris battles in the street outside the pubs!

Love reading your stuff mate.
ALL from YOUR life experiences.

Like how you talk about the decent Irish folk ,of whom there are many.The RA and the likes don't represent the actual Irish whatsoever in my eyes these days.

Parts of Blackpool are full of Scottish too.

Can you verify for me ,and I'm sure I'm correct here,that you NEVER saw a rabid in a RoI top years ago.The Catholic Scott's man ,in the main used to be as Scottish as the Protestant one.
Certainly down here I never have and still don't know any Catholic ,Celtic supporter who wears the green above the blue
The roi top wearing in Scotland only became a thing around the 80’s when roi started qualifying for finals.i can remember seeing any when I was growing up.

Reactions: jtc
You genuinely wonder what an explosive player like Ryan Kent would have done this afternoon. Injected pace, directness and given the whole England team a sense of urgency.

Corby was /is a steelmaking town.

Buses run from there I believe for both old firm teams..

Yes,you lot used to take over the south and smash our football furniture. :))

Think it was 88,the last home international at Wembley v Scotland iirc.we were down for my mates Bands gig.We tubed it across to near South Harrow.we got a blasting of ' you dirty English barstools' at us whilst being offered cans of jock juice.Thats how it was .

Ironically,we watched the game with a load of Irish lads in their flat .One was like' come on the Celts'

I had to remind him a lot of the players in that team were Rangers ,as was our team too.So I reminded him that 2/3 of the players on show at least would say they were British:))

This pidgin holing of folk maybe easier to do now but then it was harder.For example one of the lads from Limerick,who we met in Israel ,who used to dislike the English before he met any of them actually used to love Thatcher:))and said if he was British he'd vote for her .Loved how she was sticking up for us etc .I actually didn't share the love at the time:D
One of my relatives was in the orange order in corby and when he came back up the road to visit he would tell me of the things they got up to and about the rangers and orange club they had in corby.

Reactions: jtc
I honestly find the whole thing of folk posturing themselves as staunch by roaring on England, truly strange; it’s as cringy as those “no interest in any football outside of Rangers” types. At the same time there’s guys saying ‘of course Lineker et al are going over the top they’re broadcasting to an audience that’s 80% English’. Meantime these guys can’t get their heads around some mocking comments about England’s football side and support for Scotland’s on a forum that’s predominantly made up of Scots. Mystifying indeed B-D
Why?
I can't really get excited about any other team than Rangers.
For many, the hate campaign against us these last 12 years in particular may just put many off all that is Scottish, between the SFA and the SPFL, both yahoo infested, along with the Scottish team and their rat bastard manager. Then there's the Saltire hijacked by snpira and their supporters, that when I see it, it reminds of the yahoo's.

I don't mind us winning when we have our own in the squad, but other than that, it would be no loss if I never heard nor seen the Scottish team ever again and tbh, they have never been much other than an embarrassment down through the years.

As for England, I give even less a fvck.

During the season, these international breaks are nothing but an unwanted distraction from the main event and these days, other than ourselves, all that is Scottish is tainted with republican vermin and narrative.

So during close season, these international tournaments give some welcome football interest, simply because our own aren't playing and maybe get to see some genius on the field of play if lucky.

I've lived in England for over 20 years.

I can tell you that English people barely think about Scots or Scotland. They are too busy doing their own thing and do not have an obsession with Scotland like many Scots do about the English.

The only thing that has been noticeable in recent years is that they - quite rightly - look on in dismay at the political situation in Scotland and shake their head in disbelief about what has happened.
I've lived in England for longer and on the whole would echo your comments in the first couple of lines. However I would say that there are many, rightly or wrongly, who are quite envious of Scotland, free prescriptions, free tuition for students, free bus travel for many, etc. Also there are many who think that Sturgeon has dealt with Covid a lot more effectively than Johnson and has shown greater compassion and clarity.

Been doing a bit of looking on Twitter and it seems like Borna does have a bit of an injury problem, and it’s unlikely he’s going to be back for the Czechs game, and unsure about Scotland game. Whether it’s a new injury or just hasn’t recovered from the injury against Celtic and it’s affecting his form I don’t know

Gutted for him

Why?
I can't really get excited about any other team than Rangers.
For many, the hate campaign against us these last 12 years in particular may just put many off all that is Scottish, between the SFA and the SPFL, both yahoo infested, along with the Scottish team and their rat bastard manager. Then there's the Saltire hijacked by snpira and their supporters, that when I see it, it reminds of the yahoo's.

I don't mind us winning when we have our own in the squad, but other than that, it would be no loss if I never heard nor seen the Scottish team ever again and tbh, they have never been much other than an embarrassment down through the years.

As for England, I give even less a fvck.

During the season, these international breaks are nothing but an unwanted distraction from the main event and these days, other than ourselves, all that is Scottish is tainted with republican vermin and narrative.

So during close season, these international tournaments give some welcome football interest, simply because our own aren't playing and maybe get to see some genius on the field of play if lucky.

There’s a world of football outside of Scotland mate. To me personally it’s just unfathomable that any football fan wouldn’t want to watch the top leagues and see the worlds best players in action. I also feel like if you only watch our games you have to have a very limited knowledge of football.

I love seeing England getting beat. They hate us.
I don’t really think we even register with them. Scotland trying to create a competitive rivalry with England to me is a bit like Aberdeen trying to fashion one with us. There is no comparison between both countries in football terms.

To us Aberdeen are an insignificance, I think Scotland are the same to England.

I suspect England see the likes of the Germans as more a rival and hate them. The irony is in that is for the Germans I think they actually dislike the Dutch more.

Seems like classic wee man chip on the shoulder syndrome.

Even if they did think that way, they would be right about a decent portion of the population.

I point you in the direction of your typical Yahoo and every member of the SNP as supporting evidence.

Seems like classic wee man chip on the shoulder syndrome.

Even if they did think that way, they would be right about a decent portion of the population.

I point you in the direction of your typical Yahoo and every member of the SNP as supporting evidence.
This guys better ignored mate. Think he's stuck in a phone box with his mates.

Hope school doesnt let him see the game tomorrow.

And his girlfriend has some set of dumplin's.

Nick-Pope-WAG-712386
And a face like a weasel

Some childish nonsense in this thread directed at fellow Rangers supporters we see it every time Scotland and England play on both sides.

Back