Kerryfail Meltdown - It's the hope that kills you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rangers being the " best of a bad lot in a poor SPL " was the phrase de jour back then in the Scottish media. That term and " Its what you do in Europe that counts " was another. The media openly gloated when we went out of European competition. They also openly mocked Alex Clelland when he was given a torrid time by Juve's Del Piero, the Rhebel even having a cartoon of Clelland being tied in knots by the Italian. Compare and contrast the absolute batterings that mob have taken in the last decade, even by poor European sides.
Don’t forget the media fawning over their home defeat to Bayern in 2017. They have the bare faced cheek to say the media is against them.

Rejecting £10m for Ajer is just lies hahaha

A few years ago i heard a story that Lawwell leaked a story to the press that they had Rejected a £9m bid for Dedrek Boyata...

The story was made up but resulted in Boyatas agent turning up at the training ground and demanding to speak with the manager at time cant mind it it was lennon or Rodgers as had been told he could leave is a bid over £5m was made
I remember that. They were pushing the story on Clyde as well.
Completely ignoring the fact he was shite and only had 6 months on his contract left. They can’t even make their lies believable.

Rangers being the " best of a bad lot in a poor SPL " was the phrase de jour back then in the Scottish media. That term and " Its what you do in Europe that counts " was another. The media openly gloated when we went out of European competition. They also openly mocked Alex Clelland when he was given a torrid time by Juve's Del Piero, the Rhebel even having a cartoon of Clelland being tied in knots by the Italian. Compare and contrast the absolute batterings that mob have taken in the last decade, even by poor European sides.
Juve won the EC/CL that season. Tallies 8 v Wallies 1

Both

Barca boys 9 v Arsa Bhoys 0
and
PSG 12 v BJK 1

didn't.

Be in no doubt, filth humiliations in Europe simply do not count when it comes to the Scottish press.

You can add in Stevie -hard-of-hearing Clarke into the equation also.

It’s mutants like this we are killing

bj712

7 min. ago#2077
Fan talks like fan shocker!
One of the reason I was overly keen on Howe was my belief that he wouldn’t fully appreciate what he would be up against up here.
No one would seriously suggest that what the guy said was anything that we haven’t discussed on here many, many times. So letting the new guy know what he’s up against is fine by me..
Yes we were crap last season but that doesn’t mean we couldn’t see what was going on at Ibrox and the refs and SFA.
As others have said Slippy came out with the same line and was lauded by the press, he certainly was not ridiculed nor the new club criticised.
Make no mistake we are in this alone. The challenge has always been to beat them first and foremost on the park.
When we do that the rest of the country will fall in line like they always do as Stein, MON, WGS and Rodgers all proved.
Now the die is cast will Ange we all need to get behind him and the team that’s on the park.
No point in going in expecting to lose. As long as they are fitter and better organised than last season we should get closer to thehuns. Let’s see if the cope with the pressure of being leaders, especially with the scum back in their midden. A couple of bad results, even draws and the old boooooooiiiiiiiinnnnnnnggggggg will be back at the
bigotdome. We know that and so do the Huns and so do Slippy and the players!

bj712

7 min. ago#2077
One of the reason I was overly keen on Howe was my belief that he wouldn’t fully appreciate what he would be up against up here.
No one would seriously suggest that what the guy said was anything that we haven’t discussed on here many, many times. So letting the new guy know what he’s up against is fine by me..
Yes we were crap last season but that doesn’t mean we couldn’t see what was going on at Ibrox and the refs and SFA.
As others have said Slippy came out with the same line and was lauded by the press, he certainly was not ridiculed nor the new club criticised.
Make no mistake we are in this alone. The challenge has always been to beat them first and foremost on the park.
When we do that the rest of the country will fall in line like they always do as Stein, MON, WGS and Rodgers all proved.
Now the die is cast will Ange we all need to get behind him and the team that’s on the park.
No point in going in expecting to lose. As long as they are fitter and better organised than last season we should get closer to thehuns. Let’s see if the cope with the pressure of being leaders, especially with the scum back in their midden. A couple of bad results, even draws and the old boooooooiiiiiiiinnnnnnnggggggg will be back at the
Who’s he trying to convince!

bj712

7 min. ago#2077
Are the team that got zero COVID sanctions for 3, 4, 5 COVID infractions whilst we got 2 sanctions for 2 infractions. 2 extreme sanctions way above and beyond what any other club (except Celtic who go nothing), with the 7 game, SEVEN, ban for 2 players and the 4 or 5 game ban for Patterson and co, really complaining that we get special treatment and they get treated differently by authorities?

bj712

7 min. ago#2077

Enjoyable reading.

bj712

7 min. ago#2077
Be a long time until away fans get in, no?

I love that there is a bit of reality there though. Not talking about winning anything just “trying to be closer”. Back where they belong, well below us with little hope of successs.

A couple of bad results, even draws and the old boooooooiiiiiiiinnnnnnnggggggg will be back
cartoon-vector-boing-vector-id665761072

Refers to Ibrox as “bigotdome”, 3 words later calls us huns.

Are the team that got zero COVID sanctions for 3, 4, 5 COVID infractions whilst we got 2 sanctions for 2 infractions. 2 extreme sanctions way above and beyond what any other club (except Celtic who go nothing), with the 7 game, SEVEN, ban for 2 players and the 4 or 5 game ban for Patterson and co, really complaining that we get special treatment and they get treated differently by authorities?
The Duffy one trumps everything.

Not only did he break all self isolation rules.

He was allowed by the league to play against Hibs, who when they complained were then threatened by sanctions.

And they think they are hard done by?

Mentally diseased/unhinged is now old hat.

I don't know if there is a singular word anywhere left to describe this mob.

bj712

7 min. ago#2077

Was Stevie G lauded by the press for calling out refs? I don't remember that.

Pedro also had the piss ripped out him too for saying similar.

That situation Should be very, very concerning for fans of that club.

Yes, they finally have a new (5th choice) manager in place.
But the support network around him is still up in the air. They don’t even know what they want to do with the structure of the club, never mind actually being down the road to completing these appointments.

Any success, or non balls up, will be by luck rather than design.
& they've got a rugby guy in to figure it all out.

I'm not saying he's a top notcher by any means. But a ratbag busting a gut for them has to be better than a guy who is there for his paycheck? (my opinion)

It'll be interesting who they do pick up and their background?
Absolutely.
Nisbet has less talent than the Thumb but would be a definite upgrade due to the Thumbs stinking attitude and complete lack of professionalism

Stevie called out the ref (Clancy) after he sent Alfie off early in the first half of the first day of the season against The Sheep.
The next day he was ridiculed by Keevins and Co.

Last edited:

Pedro was an easy target as he was a fraud and a charlatan.

They couldn’t accuse Gerrard of that so just said he was naive instead. They have changed their tone since and by his results can do nothing other than praise the man, it must eat some of them up inside.

two bids for turnbull :D.

_7_

First-team captain

25 minutes ago#1633
Supposed to be 2-3 signings in next week. That was from someone senior at Celtic (boardroom)

I just said I hope so but I’m in the ‘will believe it when I see it’ pot, I’m convinced if their definition of a week is the same as the rest of us.

I did make the point to him that rather than drip feeding the media with the the ‘fans should back Ange’ stuff, they could actually sign some quality and back him…. Not expecting him or anyone else to listen but felt it was worth saying.

They have also knocked back 2 bids for Turnbull, one from Villa and other from a German team.

They are still talking to Shaun Maloney, but who knows if it will come to anything or what its about specifically (sure it ties into DM comments the other say but is it to help him with new structure or formally take a job?)

two bids for turnbull :D.

_7_

First-team captain

25 minutes ago#1633
Supposed to be 2-3 signings in next week. That was from someone senior at Celtic (boardroom)

I just said I hope so but I’m in the ‘will believe it when I see it’ pot, I’m convinced if their definition of a week is the same as the rest of us.

I did make the point to him that rather than drip feeding the media with the the ‘fans should back Ange’ stuff, they could actually sign some quality and back him…. Not expecting him or anyone else to listen but felt it was worth saying.

They have also knocked back 2 bids for Turnbull, one from Villa and other from a German team.

They are still talking to Shaun Maloney, but who knows if it will come to anything or what its about specifically (sure it ties into DM comments the other say but is it to help him with new structure or formally take a job?)
Wouldn’t start at Villa. File under unlikely.

But again good to keep the hordes at bay by pretending they knocked back significant interest in a player

Wouldn’t start at Villa. File under unlikely.

But again good to keep the hordes at bay by pretending they knocked back significant interest in a player
Absolutely. The leak says Villa see him as a replacement for Grealish if he goes to City, but the lure of Celtic was to much and he stayed but on much improved terms………which will have a negative effect on the transfer budget……

The Duffy one trumps everything.

Not only did he break all self isolation rules.

He was allowed by the league to play against Hibs, who when they complained were then threatened by sanctions.

And they think they are hard done by?

Mentally diseased/unhinged is now old hat.

I don't know if there is a singular word anywhere left to describe this mob.
TBF the sfa letting Duffy play does make it look like they’re on our side !

Anybody know the story of Jack Hendry ripping off poets for tickets to old firm games at Ibrox? Terrible defender but a bit of an entrepreneur? Or just likes ripping the pish out of them like big hands Liewell does?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back