Kerryfail Meltdown - It's the hope that kills you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rejecting £10m for Ajer is just lies hahaha

A few years ago i heard a story that Lawwell leaked a story to the press that they had Rejected a £9m bid for Dedrek Boyata...

The story was made up but resulted in Boyatas agent turning up at the training ground and demanding to speak with the manager at time cant mind it it was lennon or Rodgers as had been told he could leave is a bid over £5m was made

The thing that strikes me about this Dom guy is that he's coming into this completely blind where he has no clue about how a football club is structured. Was evident when he was asked if a DoF is coming in and he gave some political answer about how he's been talking with other European clubs to see how they're structured but might not even go down that route because big Ange has club and international experience. Eh?

The thing that strikes me about this Dom guy is that he's coming into this completely blind where he has no clue about how a football club is structured. Was evident when he was asked if a DoF is coming in and he gave some political answer about how he's been talking with other European clubs to see how they're structured but might not even go down that route because big Ange has club and international experience. Eh?
That was notable. Remember all the laughs at Howe bringing in his own DoF? Now the CEO's asking the manager who he fancies. He hasn't a clue & it wouldn't surprise me if he jumps ship before Flange given his egg chasing background. Both of them have no idea what they're in for.

They still don’t have a f’n clue what they are doing with this big summer restructure of the football department, are winging it, and asking other clubs what they do? Wow.

McKay admitted this today?

Last edited:
Please, please let this snidey, sneering 64 year old be Strachan. It is his age, it is a perfect description of his personality and character and if he is their DOF, or any other senior position in their football department, I demand he does their press conferences.

He is a football dinosaur that even the main stream TV shows are seeing through.

This has the potential to be 24 ct comedy gold.

The past decade should only be seen as failure for them. There was nothing to measure domestic success against so europe was the measure and it was complete failure. We showed them up in Europe as soon as we started competing there again.
It's not just about that for me.

During our 'nine' (a real one) the Scottish press sneered, giggled, guffawed and ridiculed our efforts in Europe. - That's where we should be judged. So our nine was tainted.

Under Rodgers the yahoos gave Scotltish football, the two biggest ever aggregate doings in Europe. But the same press couldn't have cared less about Europe. An actual, genuine, bona fide tainted nine was all that mattered.

During our 'nine' (a real one) the Scottish press sneered, giggled, guffawed and ridiculed our efforts in Europe. - That's where we should be judged. So our nine was tainted.

Under Rodgers the yahoos gave Scotltish football, the two biggest ever aggregate doings in Europe. But the same press couldn't have cared less about Europe. An actual, genuine, bona fide tainted nine was all that mattered.

During our nine, near enough every week we also got Scottish football needs a strong Celtc. Never heard once about needing a strong Rangers. Fuk we never even heard them say Scotland needed a strong Aberdeen when we werent in the league!

They are going to look at all departments to see what is needed and also at clubs of similar size, like Brentford B-D :shh:
they seem quite happy with it

Poggibonsi

First name on the team-sheet

46 minutes ago#1582
If we do want to be like a Salzburg, Sevilla or Brentford then that means investing really good money in young players. Not going for guys at the end of their careers bar maybe a few exceptions. Needs a great scouting network which I’m not convinced we have at the moment.

During our nine, near enough every week we also got Scottish football needs a strong Celtc. Never heard once about needing a strong Rangers. Fuk we never even heard them say Scotland needed a strong Aberdeen when we werent in the league!
Nail on the head.

The filth don't want competition other than a hampered one.

When does the rest of Scottish football wake up to this shower?

I don't want a cosy up to these nuggets. But why can't they just stand up for themselves instead of not wishing to raise the ire of this mob?

They still don’t have a f’n clue what they are doing with this big summer restructure of the football department, are winging it, and asking other clubs what they do? Wow.

McKay admitted this today?
Yup, it was that Natasha Meikle from Sellick State of Mind that asked the question about the structure and if they are any further forward in appointing a DoF? When he answered by giving that political answer, she almost tried to get him to give him a straight answer after it and he replied again with how much experience Ange has at club and international level.

That was notable. Remember all the laughs at Howe bringing in his own DoF? Now the CEO's asking the manager who he fancies. He hasn't a clue & it wouldn't surprise me if he jumps ship before Flange given his egg chasing background. Both of them have no idea what they're in for.
I always remember how we were sneered at when we appointed a DoF in Mark Allen 3 years ago. Celtic fans slagging us for trying to be like a "European" club. Mark Allen had his faults but at least the foundations were in place and seeing the benefits now. They're so far behind us in that department when they've had 10 years to get way ahead of us.

I always remember how we were sneered at when we appointed a DoF in Mark Allen 3 years ago. Celtic fans slagging us for trying to be like a "European" club. Mark Allen had his faults but at least the foundations were in place and seeing the benefits now. They're so far behind us in that department when they've had 10 years to get way ahead of us.
And ever since we done it they have been desperate for the same. Scouring the globe looking at clubs with different structures because they can’t see one anywhere near them that they’d love to have. Nope nothing. Funny enough theirs was perfectly fine a couple of years ago but now it needs burnt down. Not an original thought in their heads. Their new structure will look a bit like ours with some shortcuts and plenty of fawning.

Rangers being the " best of a bad lot in a poor SPL " was the phrase de jour back then in the Scottish media. That term and " Its what you do in Europe that counts " was another. The media openly gloated when we went out of European competition. They also openly mocked Alex Clelland when he was given a torrid time by Juve's Del Piero, the Rhebel even having a cartoon of Clelland being tied in knots by the Italian. Compare and contrast the absolute batterings that mob have taken in the last decade, even by poor European sides.

Rangers being the " best of a bad lot in a poor SPL " was the phrase de jour back then in the Scottish media. That term and " Its what you do in Europe that counts " was another. The media openly gloated when we went out of European competition. They also openly mocked Alex Clelland when he was given a torrid time by Juve's Del Piero, the Rhebel even having a cartoon of Clelland being tied in knots by the Italian. Compare and contrast the absolute batterings that mob have taken in the last decade, even by poor European sides.
The hypocrisy could even be seen within a single week during their run. Financial disparity this, that & the next thing during the week while getting leathered in Europe then money didn't matter come the weekend as they were playing Billy big bollocks in the league.

Positive statements and outlook, just what we needed. And if the modernisation policies that McKay speaks about come to fruition I expect the rest of Scottish football to be eating our dust for years to come.

If he can't generate the "bounce" feeling at ceptic park, he's doomed already.

If he can, we have a challenge on our hands, that's how I look at it.
When I hear the sort of things he was asked at the second presser I wonder if anyone could bounce that feeling?

Its so ridiculous, and indeed poisonous, hes in trouble before hes done anything.

With people like that backing you Id be sleeping with one eye open.

Anybody remember us having a dig at the SRU?

They really bend over and drop their drawers to anyone in the attempt to kid themselves of their superiority. At no point have we had any dig at the SRU as there is absolutely no need. Another masking of the fact they’ve got a guy who has no experience in football and will soon find himself lost in the self interest of others as our game is. To think this guy is some how more connected than Liewell is ridiculous! Liewell is how they’re got their new on the cheap manager!

Tallies 8 Wallies 1

They really bend over and drop their drawers to anyone in the attempt to kid themselves of their superiority. At no point have we had any dig at the SRU as there is absolutely no need. Another masking of the fact they’ve got a guy who has no experience in football and will soon find himself lost in the self interest of others as our game is. To think this guy is some how more connected than Liewell is ridiculous! Liewell is how they’re got their new on the cheap manager!

I did B-D

Ive been in Rugby for 30odd years, and the SRU are as badly run as the SPFL.

was likely my one post that caused this rumor haha

Nail on the head.

The filth don't want competition other than a hampered one.

When does the rest of Scottish football wake up to this shower?

I don't want a cosy up to these nuggets. But why can't they just stand up for themselves instead of not wishing to raise the ire of this mob?
They paint us as the bad guys but they are scared of them because of the terrorist elements in their support who are getting more brazen and thanks to the snp and senior police more emboldened.

Yup, it was that Natasha Meikle from Sellick State of Mind that asked the question about the structure and if they are any further forward in appointing a DoF? When he answered by giving that political answer, she almost tried to get him to give him a straight answer after it and he replied again with how much experience Ange has at club and international level.
And he also ignored the part about whether lawwell is going to be involved going forward...

Spot on. We've not only overtaken them on the domestic stage, but also on the European front. We now must hammer down and leave them in our wake.
This season bud.
Win the league in the forthcoming season really could be a game changer.
It could put as as far ahead, off the park, as we were mid nineties.
And, this is before any court decisions hurt them.

This season bud.
Win the league in the forthcoming season really could be a game changer.
It could put as as far ahead, off the park, as we were mid nineties.
And, this is before any court decisions hurt them.
I keep hearing about the Court decision when is this actually meant to happen and why will it cost them , is this a private court case against them is this why they will have to pay out.

That situation Should be very, very concerning for fans of that club.

Yes, they finally have a new (5th choice) manager in place.
But the support network around him is still up in the air. They don’t even know what they want to do with the structure of the club, never mind actually being down the road to completing these appointments.

Any success, or non balls up, will be by luck rather than design.

I keep hearing about the Court decision when is this actually meant to happen and why will it cost them , is this a private court case against them is this why they will have to pay out.
This one is just my pipe dream, and would probably a fair bit down the road.
If the CSA ultimately goes against them and the have to pay compensation to the victims, the money has to come from somewhere.
(Have a look at the other thread for anything further on this one)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back