Kerryfail Meltdown - It's the hope that kills you

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read nothing of any consequence into the loss. In my view this barely even passes as a practice match. This wasn't practice for the new season because firstly you can't seriously practice for a new season fielding so many players. And secondly real practice has to be limited to the potential first 14 or so.

This was a fitness exercise and nobody is going to over exert themselves nor be expected to. I will be more interested in the Arsenal performance.
Apparently, according to one old timer, this is cause for serious concern. It is the 2nd coming of Wim Jansen or something and a clear indicator they will win the league.

Or maybe it was a meaningless pre-season friendly.

You decide.

McGregor’s religious beliefs? Don’t know, don’t care.
Borna’s religious beliefs? Don’t know, don’t care.
Helander’s religious beliefs. Don’t know, don’t care.
etc etc

All damn fine footballers though.

Wouldnt even cross my mind to consider it if they didn’t bring it up.

It pains them that we don't care, I remember when Hateley signed, they sung Hateley's a Catholic at us, we just laughed back.

Mo Johnston destroyed them in more way than one.

Ajer can sign for a team in 5 months but would still be with them until the summer.
But he could get say 5mill in his hip, tims get nowt.
They pay £2M+wages for Duffer for 1year, why would anyone pay more than this for someone they can sign for zilch in 6 months. More so, someone who has been promised he can leave and wants to leave.

It makes no sense.

They pay £2M+wages for Duffer for 1year, why would anyone pay more than this for someone they can sign for zilch in 6 months. More so, someone who has been promised he can leave and wants to leave.

It makes no sense.
I suspect Terry Munro thought they would have been out of sight by January with "Big Sean Duffy" (copyright T. Sheridan).

:D

1) No injuries to Tav or Barisic (both were injured)
2) No backup for Tav or Barisic (except for both of them. Patterson and Bassey are miles better than anything they had last season)
3) Eight midfielders the same (he must be a junkie, none of our midfielders overlap much and we dont have 8)
4) Morelos was hardly suspended last season but when he was off form Roofe was banging them in

Yes, luck. Total luck.
You see what you’re doing wrong here, don’t you?
It’s facts, mon ami.
Scumtic don’t bother with wee, inconsequential, things like facts.
They are only interested in anything, fabricated or not, mendacious or not, that supports whatever message they want their gullible support to believe.

"At the risk of sounding like an geek, the difference between strategy and tactics is demonstrated in the story of WWII, which was itself a story of two people.

Churchill, who for all his being a fairly nasty piece of work, was an arch strategist. And Hitler, who was a poor tactician who meddled in strategy."
Churchill was a nasty piece of work.
Hitler? A poor tactician. The mind of a scum fan!
I mean Churchill could be described that way. Hitler certainly couldn't. Also an geek? They may pretend to know about nazis but they need introducing to a grammar nazi.

I read nothing of any consequence into the loss. In my view this barely even passes as a practice match. This wasn't practice for the new season because firstly you can't seriously practice for a new season fielding so many players. And secondly real practice has to be limited to the potential first 14 or so.

This was a fitness exercise and nobody is going to over exert themselves nor be expected to. I will be more interested in the Arsenal performance.
I was annoyed by the result. I'm always annoyed when we lose. But at the end of the day as you say it's barely even a proper friendly.

They are currently highlighting the Asian lad being assaulted at Wembley last night, including it in their mammoth thread about us.

Strange they never called out their own scumbag who sucker punched an Asian lad down there for the Scotland game, or the Green Brigade getting a skelping after trying to pick on a smaller group of English fans.

Reiver82

18 min. ago#4013
Now the Euros are over - it's time for Dom to get that crumpled old cheque book out and start spending some of that season book cash. The Italian keeper and at least three Danes would make a promising start. I'm assuming Dom is making the decisions here
Wait, is he suggesting signing Donnarumma?! Dafuq? Apart from the fact he's one of the best keepers on the planet, he's just signed for PSG.

Reiver82

18 min. ago#4013
Now the Euros are over - it's time for Dom to get that crumpled old cheque book out and start spending some of that season book cash. The Italian keeper and at least three Danes would make a promising start. I'm assuming Dom is making the decisions here
Fucking hell! I need to assume for my own sanity that it’s a wind up! Donarumma who’s signed for PSG!

This has really got the manky bast@rds foaming at the mouth.

Literally pages about us playing a preseason friendly. It’s as if it’s the first time anyone has ever played a friendly.

They have gone from how we are going to pay Madrid’s fee to ah but Madrid were coming to Scotland anyway.

Oh and apparently Madrid are one of the most catholic clubs in the world, like that has any relevance, bigoted ignorant bast@rds.

Anyone who reads anything into pre-season friendlies is a lunatic.

There are plenty of examples of teams having a poor preseason and going onto to win the league or cups.

Look at Strachan's first season for example, preseason for them was hellish I don't think they won a game, then they got pumped by Artmedia but they went to win the league that year. In contrast we won all our games in preseason and then had a poor season.

We didn't take our chances on Saturday, we all looked a bit rusty. It easily could've ended up about 5-1. We will improve and half of our first team were not available.

Whereas we could look at their game, their CB looked rank rotten but again its a pre-season friendly he is getting used to his team mates etc.

I will only judge them in competitive games not these fitness exercises.

This guff is now taken as fact

BardseyCelt
21K6,648

17 min. ago#4215
Turnbull was one of the most creative players in Europe despite only playing since December and coming back from an injury. He is a first choice 10.
Couldn’t kick his own arse in a game that mattered. Never showed up in an Old Firm game.

The points gap between the two teams exploded during the period he became a regular. Not solely his fault of course. But as regular in the XI during that period he takes a decent portion of the blame.

Fool, bigoted fools, the lot of them.
It must be over twenty years since Hearts fans thought they’d taunt us with their “you’ve got more Tim’s than Celtic” chant about our team.
Thing is, they may well have been right!
And that’s another point.
It’s the fans of other clubs, Celtic the main ones of course, that have the problem here and are actually more likely to know the religion of our players than we will!

Exactly this. I have no idea what religion our players follow.

I honestly couldn’t care less. I barely know their players names. They, weirdly, know our players, their wages and what religion they are.

if they didn’t exist you couldn’t make them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back