Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't see Veerman happening we need some rapid fire movement in the other direction before any business occurs very slow market so far though covid looks to be really biting now

Why not ? In order to finance such a move we would need to sell first . I don’t want us to sell any players but I cannot see us splashing between £6 and £8 on anyone unless we sell a player .
We simply have no idea what is going on behind the scenes. It seems fair to suggest, though, that we are linked, and it must be coming from somewhere. Does he fit the bill of Gerrard's comments over a week ago? That's worth thinking about.

Last edited:
We simply have no idea what is going on behind the scenes. It seems fair to suggest, though, that we are linked, and it must be coming from somewhere. Does he fit the bill of Gerrard's comments over a week ago? That's worth the thinking about.
I think we need to be realistic mate

We usually spend about 7-10 mil a window and so far we’ve had two Bosmans. We don’t need a raft of players either. I’d be happy if we just got veerman in and held onto everyone. If we manage to shift some deadwood get doekhi in too
We haven't had near enough 18 months worth of the impact of a pandemic to deal with during that time though I think it'll be free transfers or Development fees until we sell or make the Champions League

We usually spend about 7-10 mil a window and so far we’ve had two Bosmans. We don’t need a raft of players either. I’d be happy if we just got veerman in and held onto everyone. If we manage to shift some deadwood get doekhi in too
We’ve been spending £10m each summer transfer window though without making any sales, which is not sustainable in the long-term. The board have been very open about the fact that we need to start seeing players go out the door for money.

Veerman looks good but is it just me or does his attitude comes across like he is a bit of a cock? :D
I agree, but perhaps it’s just his constant desire to better his career/himself,
and if he does sign, I’d imagine it’d would work to our benefit for the most part. A bit similar to Morelos maybe.

I’m staying out the debate, hadn’t even heard of the lad until he was mentioned on here!!

There’s nothing wrong with getting excited about new signings, we all do, but there’s folk who’ve probably never seen him play telling us how they’ll be shocked and stunned if we get him, a player from a mid table Dutch team, they’d have spontaneously combusted when we signed De Boer from Barcelona in that case!

I’d say more. Don’t be ignorant to what people watch. You had never heard of Sakala but made a point of watching him - you were then impressed. Matches are available.

Some right stuck up cunts on here, when the agenda suits them.

Have we been so heavily linked with him that people would watch Heerenveens (sp) games? So far its been tenuous links.

I get that there’s more info on players out there nowadays of course, other than simply watching them, and guys like yourself are into the data stuff, so will know a bit about him.

I really wasn’t being a ‘stuck up lady's front bottom’ btw.

Isn't this Veerman guy the one who gets homesick and wants to move to a club that is based near where he went on holidays as a kid? If it is who I'm thinking about, I think it's safe to assume we're not signing him.

We are not champions so our average spend goes up that’s what being a champion means. I have a feeling we have the funds for Veerman but it would be the only other signing and what the gaffer needs to figure out m, is that enough?

Could very well be

Have we been so heavily linked with him that people would watch Heerenveens (sp) games? So far its been tenuous links.

I get that there’s more info on players out there nowadays of course, other than simply watching them, and guys like yourself are into the data stuff, so will know a bit about him.

I really wasn’t being a ‘stuck up lady's front bottom’ btw.

He was linked tail end of last season. Heerenveen play in the Eredivise. Many watch that each week. It’s where some have seen Harroui and Deokhi along with many others suggested, linked, through out the seasons. It’s no different to watching Hamer or Dembele of the lower league. Plenty wanted Ivan Toney last season having watched him at Peterborough. Nikas Dorsch too.

Veerman takes our midfield up another level we need another one or two of that quality to move us up and compete especially against CL outfits.

Doekhi, Veerman, and a right sided forward and I would be ecstatic with that especially with Lundstram and Sakala already signed.
You want a right sided forward. Who's leaving out of
Kent Morelos Roofe Wright Sakala Hagi Itten Defoe Aribo Arfield
Not counting Jones Hastie Middleton Barker.
We need to get rid of players.
Who is Doekhi replacing ?
Goldson Helander Balogun Simpson Katic Edmondson--Gerrard likes 4 central defenders.

We have too many players and need to lose 7 or 8to balance the squad.

Goldson Helander Balogun Simpson Katic Edmondson--Gerrard likes 4 central defenders.

We need to shift at least 6

Jones will be the first, Hastie probably a loan, Middleton a loan, Barker hopefully someone takes him full time,

I thought sakala could play the right sides forward role

our midfield is one area of the pitch we have not spent a penny on

considering kamara will be missing the champs league qualifier i would like at least another brought it

our midfield was one area of the park that slavia outplayed us

to get to the next level we are going to need quality and im not so sure lundstram does that

I've always had a suspicion Hagi will go this summer, Itten is a striker same as Defoe, Arfield is a midfielder.

Jones, Hastie, Middleton, Barker have no future with us they will be punted out on loan again or moved on permanently.

Edmundson doesn't have a future with us.

Katic once fit again needs a loan move.

I don't particularly rate Simpson.

If 2/3 of the above could be moved on/loaned out bringing in Doekhi gives 4 excellent options in defence.

The squad will be balanced out, players will leave, players will come in but there is a strange perception we don't need to improve in certain areas for me we need 2/3 more quality players that would give us more of a chance at making the CL and as it stands we are threadbare going into the 3rd round CL qualifier no Balogun, Kamara, Roofe, and serious question marks over the fitness of Arfield and Jack also you've got reports on here Morelos is touch and go for these games.

Last edited:
Watching an old game at the start of the 19/20 season between Sheffield United & Bournemouth. Being played at the Vitatlity. Lundstram starting. 5 minutes in, and although it is a very small sample size, I’ve been impressed with Lundstram. Constantly demanding the ball and operating in the right half space - for anyone not football term savy it’s the area you see De Bruyne in and where traditional right midfielders in a 4-4-2 play!

Out of the ones you mention only Roofe,Aribo and Hagi are good enough to play in that position and hopefully sakala.
I would also point out in a lot of spfl games Aribo or Hagi can play in the midfield 3 against teams who just sit in.
All about opinions but I still think we need a right number 10 attacker unless sakala comes in and tears the league up.

I expect we're going to see what may be described as major signings if we make CL groups. Probably also dependent on moving some bodies out.

Somewhat frustrating knowing it's going to be weeks before we see the final squad but it is what it is.

I wonder what percentage of people desperate to sign this lad have actually watched him, 3%? Less maybe?
I know next to nothing about him, but the extent of speculation is either of nothing or it's much more than that. It does seem to have something to it, but I could be wrong.

I've always had a suspicion Hagi will go this summer, Itten is a striker same as Defoe, Arfield is a midfielder.

Jones, Hastie, Middleton, Barker have no future with us they will be punted out on loan again or moved on permanently.

Edmundson doesn't have a future with us.

Katic once fit again needs a loan move.

I don't particularly rate Simpson.

If 2/3 of the above could be moved on/loaned out bringing in Doekhi gives 4 excellent options in defence.

The squad will be balanced out, players will leave, players will come in but there is a strange perception we don't need to improve in certain areas for me we need 2/3 more quality players that would give us more of a chance at making the CL and as it stands we are threadbare going into the 3rd round CL qualifier no Balogun, Kamara, Roofe, and serious question marks over the fitness of Arfield and Jack also you've got reports on here Morelos is touch and go for these games.
The club have been about as up front with the fans as they can that they need to start selling players.

No offense, but you and a few others keep churning out this utter lunacy that we should spend spend spend just to cover for bog standard injuries, suspensions and players perhaps lacking in match fitness.

I'm afraid the wage bill can't continue to grow and grow just to calm fan's anxiety.

Depends how much time he's given off at the end of the day. If Kamara, Patterson and Helander aren't back in yet for example then that's nearly 3 weeks of rest they've been given. Given Alfie didn't play much then he might not get aslong as the 3 weeks but he has his 10 days isolation to do then there's a good chance he misses the opening game of the season and possibly the 1st leg of the champions league qualifiers if he's given longer than a week off.
If this happens I’ll be really shocked & disappointed with the Club, Coaches & Player himself.

I personally don’t believe this will happen. We will wait & see.

If this happens I’ll be really shocked & disappointed with the Club, Coaches & Player himself.

I personally don’t believe this will happen. We will wait & see.
It might not happen just going by what time the other international players appear to have been given off. Maybe club will sort him out to fly back in via England to avoid the quarantine but I guess we just need to wait and see what happens.

The club have been about as up front with the fans as they can that they need to start selling players.

No offense, but you and a few others keep churning out this utter lunacy that we should spend spend spend just to cover for bog standard injuries, suspensions and players perhaps lacking in match fitness.

I'm afraid the wage bill can't continue to grow and grow just to calm fan's anxiety.
We will sell players that's obvious but it's clear we have issues over the fitness of 1 or 2 key players and with suspensions to certain players it puts us at a disadvantage ahead of the CL qualfiers.

Also you talk about utter lunacy what's the issue in wanting 2 or 3 quality signings which could enhance our chances of CL qualification ?

We will trim our bloated squad players will go but we should be striving to improve especially as we have barely spent a penny so far this summer no harm in that.

I’d say more. Don’t be ignorant to what people watch. You had never heard of Sakala but made a point of watching him - you were then impressed. Matches are available.

Some right stuck up cunts on here, when the agenda suits them.
What kind of accusation is that to throw at him?

The only “stuck up c.unts” on here are those that claim to know every single detail about these players when the vast majority (let’s say 97%- see what I did there?) of posters have barely heard of them never mind seen them playing.

It might not happen just going by what time the other international players appear to have been given off. Maybe club will sort him out to fly back in via England to avoid the quarantine but I guess we just need to wait and see what happens.
Gerrard did say himself that Alfie will have a very short pre-season, but that means he will have a pre season nonetheless. I could see him coming back next Monday, giving him 15 days off and giving him just shy of a week of pre-season before the livi game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back