Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Normally I’d agree but we will win the league this season regardless. Better we either sell them or loan them somewhere where they’ll put themselves in the shop window.

Can see your point, if I was to choose 1 SPFL and 1 championship, I'd have Edmundson in the championship shop window, and Katic getting SPFL experience and back up to speed with the Scottish game as I still feel he has a chance with us.

Can see your point, if I was to choose 1 SPFL and 1 championship, I'd have Edmundson in the championship shop window, and Katic getting SPFL experience and back up to speed with the Scottish game as I still feel he has a chance with us.
Aye maybe but I don’t see it with Katic. As much as I like the guy I don’t think he’ll never have the technical ability for us to rely on him.

Yet only Verona have stuck a bid in for him?
A bit of a strange one, but for most clubs this is very early in the window and Heerenveen are doing what we are doing with Morelos and playing hardball on the fee.

His stats back up what you see in the YouTube video though, he is one of the best in the Eredivisie for a range of stats.

I’d be pretty disappointed if St Johnstone is the best loan we could get for Katic. I don’t think he has a long term future here so I thought a loan to a Championship side down south would have been more beneficial as it’ll will increase his value more.

I’d be pretty disappointed if St Johnstone is the best loan we could get for Katic. I don’t think he has a long term future here so I thought a loan to a Championship side down south would have been more beneficial as it’ll will increase his value more.
I think St Johnstone would be a great move for him. They aren’t the heed it and hoof it merchants some think they are.

I reckon theyll give Hibs a run for there money this year for 3rd.

They’ll finish 3rd this season.

Championship would be better, but Gerrard trusts Davidson and it will be good for Katic to be near our medical team.

McCann looks a decent player but I don’t think we can bring any more players that don’t strengthen our starting 11

Presumably we can think Oforborh is someone we can develop long term

They’ll finish 3rd this season.

Championship would be better, but Gerrard trusts Davidson and it will be good for Katic to be near our medical team.

I think St Johnstone still lack the striker required to finish as high as 3rd, personally.

Simpson is rotten tbh! He’s been here since January and yet to see him have a decent game for us. He gets bullied and has a mistake in him.
Someone said that beliefs are often the most dangerous enemies of truth.

Every time I saw him - and I gave him the benefit of doubt, as he was new to the club and hardly had any game time - he didn`t exactly look out of place. I took the liberty and checked the stats of last season, he played one game in the Premiership pre-split, a 4-1 win against the Arabs, for 23 mins. Then he played the full 90 mins vs St. Johnstone, the Scum, Livingston and Aberdeen post-split, when we conceeded 2 goals. truth be told, he also played 9 and 12 mins vs Slavia and St. Johnstone respectively in the EL and SFA Cup. These are just blank facts, but I do remember that with every game he played, he looked more composed and assured on the ball. I would assume that SG knew whom and what he would get when he decided to go for him.

Simpson is rotten tbh! He’s been here since January and yet to see him have a decent game for us. He gets bullied and has a mistake in him.

Nice to see you wielding your hammer on our own players.

Not a massive Simpson fan yet, but still time before writing him as far off as rotten and getting bullied.

Personally I’d like to see us loan out as many players as possible to SPL teams. It’s the old ‘makes them stronger against Celtic but weaker against us argument.’

Middleton was absolutely a match winner a couple of times last season for St Johnstone and so far he’s looked no where near the level required. I’d love to see what Katic, Edmundson etc could do if they were starting every week.

I understand trying to get these lads loans in the championship might develop them quicker or inflate their fee - but by how much really? Celtic absolutely aren’t in the position to be farming out first teamers on loan at the moment.

I’m sure us cementing our place at the top of the league, and the champions league money that will come with it, alongside our lads hopefully showing what they can do at a decent level will be more beneficial than throwing them into the championship and hoping they land on their feet.

Seen West Ham are interested in Kamara, hopefully if he does go we get a very good fee.

As for Veerman would love to get him but if we get him think that will be the final addition unless we lose anyone else

Katic going out on loan to another scottish club is a good call, what a signing for any of them btw

The Blindspot a lot of our support have for Katic is weird in the extreme a likeable big guy and was a great signing at the time but we've moved on in terms of quality in that position

He's still young for a centre back and has put in a lot of very good performances, I don't think it's a blind spot, just people not wanting to write him off as hastily as others.

Seen West Ham are interested in Kamara, hopefully if he does go we get a very good fee.

As for Veerman would love to get him but if we get him think that will be the final addition unless we lose anyone else

Katic going out on loan to another scottish club is a good call, what a signing for any of them btw
If Kamara leaves, which I reckon there is every chance, you'd at least hope that we would get decent wedge from an EPL side.

Not that we would loan him to THEM but katic would walk into their side as well as it stands

They both would.

Katic and Edmundson are vastly superior central defenders to Biton and Welsh.
That's the only 2 central defenders they currently have available.

Ajer has spat his permanent dummy out.

Heard there is a very strong chance Katic & Edmundson are going on loan to SPFL teams.

I think its a good move for Katic, but not quite so sure about Edmundson considering he played at Championship level last year.
I’d have Katic before Simpson and Edmondson strange if true mate.

Katic deserves a chance to make it with us. He has all the attributes to be a top CB. A loan to get him back up to speed suits me perfectly.

Simpson, I'm not writing him off just yet, he's had some decent performances back end of the season. He just needs to be playing regularly which is something he's not had in his career to date.

I've not seen that link yet but West Ham would be a good move for Kamara and gives him a chance to shine at that level and at a London club.
We could get a good fee from them and factor in a sell on clause too.
Would help us re-invest in other signings.

A bit of a strange one, but for most clubs this is very early in the window and Heerenveen are doing what we are doing with Morelos and playing hardball on the fee.

His stats back up what you see in the YouTube video though, he is one of the best in the Eredivisie for a range of stats.
He performed at a high level last season in Holland. Top ten player if you listen to some data driven sites.

I've not seen that link yet but West Ham would be a good move for Kamara and gives him a chance to shine at that level and at a London club.
We could get a good fee from them and factor in a sell on clause too.
Would help us re-invest in other signings.
Live down here bud and surrounded by west ham fans, just what they are saying. But saying that they do get linked with everyone during transfer windows

If Kamara goes it has to be 15-20mil range. Sadly I just have not seen the evidence to suggest we are at the level where we negotiate those types of fees. Expecting 8-10mil

The Blindspot a lot of our support have for Katic is weird in the extreme a likeable big guy and was a great signing at the time but we've moved on in terms of quality in that position
You’re spot on mate, I don’t get it either. Katic has a lot of improving to do. People forget that he hardly played under gerrard for about 4 months when fully fit.

No surprise to me that we were better defensively when a 3rd good centre half (balogun) came in last year.

If Kamara goes it has to be 15-20mil range. Sadly I just have not seen the evidence to suggest we are at the level where we negotiate those types of fees. Expecting 8-10mil
Anything less than 15 million for kamara is daylight robbery. Even though we only paid 50k you look at some of the fees players not even at his level go for it's mind blowing.

Fs thats harsh lol played like 7 games at arse end of a season. One being thrown into an Old Firm.
It's mainly people without a mind of their own spouting off what they see on twitter etc.

Simpson was declared "weak" on here after his first (or second) appearance when he was partly at fault for conceding a goal.

Then they moved on to being "hugely worried about Simpson" playing in the old firm game lol. We were already champions and ended up hosing them 4-1.

It's a toss up between him and Itten for the new FF sheep brigade's whipping boy.

It's mainly people without a mind of their own spouting off what they see on twitter etc.

Simpson was declared "weak" on here after his first (or second) appearance when he was partly at fault for conceding a goal.

Then they moved on to being "hugely worried about Simpson" playing in the old firm game lol. We were already champions and ended up hosing them 4-1.

It's a toss up between him and Itten for the new FF sheep brigade's whipping boy.
The guy has barely got in the door and with a decent pre season under his belt I think he'll turn out to be a good player for us,but I think the guy needs time to get up to speed in terms of the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back