Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I see it, with the current squad we are good enough to retain the League, and quite possibly to make it through to the CL proper. However, to make a decent fist of it in the latter rounds of that competition, we need circa two quality players brought in, which would mean that quite a few of the peripheral players, I'm guessing at least 5 or 6, will have to be let go.

All of this is easier said than done. First of all, we have to identify and sign, plus find a way to pay for, two top players. Next, we have to find clubs willing to stump up and take the 5-6 players deemed surplus to requirements off Rangers hands whilst trying to make some kind of profit of the sales.

Heard there is a very strong chance Katic & Edmundson are going on loan to SPFL teams.

I think its a good move for Katic, but not quite so sure about Edmundson considering he played at Championship level last year.
It will serve them both well, although would have liked to seen both play in English championship, if anything to increase their market value should we look to cash in

Heard there is a very strong chance Katic & Edmundson are going on loan to SPFL teams.

I think its a good move for Katic, but not quite so sure about Edmundson considering he played at Championship level last year.
Was hoping it would be championship again, get him in the shop window.

I’ve been tipping Katic for hearts for a while. Just a loan but would suit them

Edmunston is done at Rangers. Can’t see a way back for him whatsoever.

You would hope that it's going to be Hearts that Katic is going to. Don't want him at Hibs or Aberdeen.

Wonder where?

A few Scottish clubs in Europe this season. So maybe some are looking to strengthen for that. Plus let's face both walk into every starting 11 in Scotland out with us and them.

I'd like to see Simpson get this type of loan, just to get him used to the football up here. He's seemed a bit soft so far.

Cheers.

I always presumed they’d be the two leave, however I thought Edmundson would head back down South to be honest.

Interesting that he’s only going on loan, perhaps we had no suitors wanting to take him on full time.

I'd like to see Simpson get this type of loan, just to get him used to the football up here. He's seemed a bit soft so far.

He needs regular team football as barely played that at 24. He’s not getting that at Rangers. Yet to be impressed with Simpson. Looks like he’s got a mistake in him.

Makes sense for Katic to go out and play a full season. I would rather we loaned Edmondson to an English team or just sold him, not sure what loaning him to motherwell will achieve

Wonder where?

A few Scottish clubs in Europe this season. So maybe some are looking to strengthen for that. Plus let's face both walk into every starting 11 in Scotland out with us and them.
There was a whatsapp text going round yesterday saying St Johnstone and Motherwell respectively.

Not a chance. Katic would head abroad on loan most likely and Edmundson doesn’t have a future here and would have some teams down south after him

I can’t see edumundson & katic being loaned out in Scotland. I think edmundson would be sold and katic maybe loaned to an English side.

There was a whatsapp text going round yesterday saying St Johnstone and Motherwell respectively.

Not a chance. Katic would head abroad on loan most likely and Edmundson doesn’t have a future here and would have some teams down south after him

What makes you think there wouldn't be a chance ? Im all for making the other teams in league stronger against the puddle drinkers and weaker against us when our players cant play.

Why no let Katic get back up to speed playing in our league? Makes perfect sense imo.

Wasn't Davidson talking about having a good relationship with Gerrard and that he was hoping to get another player on loan?

Katic would be an unreal signing for them.

What makes you think there wouldn't be a chance ? Im all for making the other teams in league stronger against the puddle drinkers and weaker against us when our players cant play.

Why no let Katic get back up to speed playing in our league? Makes perfect sense imo.

Makes it easier for him to work alongside our physios as well. Just a short drive down the road. Send him abroad, then we are at the mercy of another teams medical department.

I doubt Katic will be going anywhere soon. He’s still a little bit off it and we’ll likely want him to finish full rehabilitation with us before letting him go out on loan. Probably be closer to the window closing should it happen.

Personally think it would only be for 6 months as well. Not good for him being away from the club for two seasons, especially if we go on to win something again this season.

You would hope that it's going to be Hearts that Katic is going to. Don't want him at Hibs or Aberdeen.
He would be a massive upgrade on anything either of those have or could even afford to have. And while I too would be reluctant to be of any assistance to hubz or sheep I think there's another aspect of it which has to be considered.

Which of the 3 is most likely to be capable of taking points from the yahoos? If it isn't Hearts they might not be the most useful solution.

It's not. They won two trophies last season. They've got an ambitious young coach and they play a system that needs depth at centre half. They have a chance of European football. It makes perfect sense.

Especially after how well Glenn Middleton did there last season.
Yep.

As others have alluded to, it also means if his injury flares up or is proving problematic he can also just jump down the road.

No downside to this deal, if it is genuine of course - even better if they progress through Euro Qualifiers.

I think Gerrard is keen to enhance his relationship with St Johnstone/Davidson too which I agree with.

I can’t see edumundson & katic being loaned out in Scotland. I think edmundson would be sold and katic maybe loaned to an English side.
Somebody needs to want to buy Edmundson and pay his wages.

Unfortunately I reckon we’re stuck with the likes of Edmundson, Jones, Barker and Hastie unless it’s loan deals.

Wonder where?

Not that we would loan him to THEM but katic would walk into their side as well as it stands

Also they could cause some serious damage to the mhanky mob without being able to play against us.

This is why I would prefer they go to an SPFL team. Whilst I can absolutely see the points for the championship argument.

Last season, after the opening old firm 2-0 win for us, things were still relatively close in the league. The gap started to form as in 2 of the 3 games after this they dropped points. A 3-3 draw against Aberdeen in which McCrorie played well, and then a 2-2 draw against Hibs in which Jamie Murphy was excellent and scored the opener for Hibs.

This is why I would prefer they go to an SPFL team. Whilst I can absolutely see the points for the championship argument.

Last season, after the opening old firm 2-0 win for us, things were still relatively close in the league. The gap started to form as in 2 of the 3 games after this they dropped points. A 3-3 draw against Aberdeen in which McCrorie played well, and then a 2-2 draw against Hibs in which Jamie Murphy was excellent and scored the opener for Hibs.
Normally I’d agree but we will win the league this season regardless. Better we either sell them or loan them somewhere where they’ll put themselves in the shop window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back