Real Madrid Tickets

because they excluded those who ticked friendlies who had already received Arsenal and brighton tickets as was stated by SLO @Greg Marshall , they then put the rest in a ballot of MyGers members and season ticket holders for Real madrid even though probably 75% had not signed up for Friendlies
So what is the point of signing up for friendlies if you're going to be excluded from them in favour of people who didn't want to go in the first place.
Every season ticket holder has the chance to tick that box but only 9,000 bothered to do so.

because they excluded those who ticked friendlies who had already received Arsenal and brighton tickets as was stated by SLO @Greg Marshall , they then put the rest in a ballot of MyGers members and season ticket holders for Real madrid even though probably 75% had not signed up for Friendlies

So no one who actually ticked for all friendlies got Real Madrid ?

9,000 applied initially for friendlies.

Arsenal and Brighton 10,500 tickets so everyone that committed to attending should have got one, some two, of these, so were all excluded for Madrid game ?

Only 9,000 ticked for friendlies,

2,000 got Arsenal,

The remaining 7,000 should have got Brighton, leaving 1,500 that should have been offered up to those that got Arsenal on a first come basis.

All 9,000 should have got Madrid and the the other 3,750 put up for general sale.

really how difficult can it be.
1,400 ticket holders across hospitality and section MLF (all of whose season tickets cover ALL games at Ibrox) need to be factored into any numbers getting into the stadium with reduced capacity.
(eg-For Arsenal match only 600 tickets available for friendly scheme after those groups are catered for.)

Arsenal and Brighton 10,500 tickets so everyone that committed to attending should have got one, some two, of these, so were all excluded for Madrid game ?
I got a Madrid ticket and ticked for friendlies. A few others have also confirmed this.

As mentioned previously, I didn’t tick the friendly box as due to summer holidays, I can’t always make every friendly although I buy them individually when I’m at home and can make them

I suspect many didn’t bother ticking the box because they probably didn’t think we’d have crowds back so soon.

I would have bought 1 for Madrid had it been a normal crowd anyway although I understand why those that did tick the box feel aggrieved given that many of us got Madrid emails despite not ticking the box

I'd say 3000 as a guess out of those who ticked friendlies got Real madrid

I tried again on another device and got in in 4 minutes. My iPad was still in the queue. Bizarre, but at least I’ve got my ticket now. Roll on Sunday.
I had been trying on my iPad for five hours but finally got Brighton ticket through using my phone.
Possibly issues using iPad.

Wonder what fckwit is typing a statement overnight to say we are all wrong and rangers are right.
I honestly can't get my head around the sheer stupidity of the whole farce.
Now, I have absolutely no axe to grind with the guys/ladies being offered a Madrid ticket. They looked a gift horse in the mouth and took it, but every single one of them would have had absolutely no cause for complaint if the 9,000 or so who ticked for friendlies got them. They probably wouldn't have complained either. They'd happily have went into a ballot for the remaining few thousand.

But what do Rangers do? Stick two fingers up at the folk who committed to friendlies and abandoned their own system. In turn creating anger that is sure to be directed at themselves and deservedly so.

Mind blowing stupidity.

Last edited:
Oh well, Brighton for me.
I hope all the moany tactical geniuses
" This is shite rangers" mob are there on Sunday and I keep my blood pressure down lol

Got lucky in the ballot, as did my dad. How do we get tickets together though? Or is this not possible?

Can’t select two tickets and can only select for a certain section of the ground.

Once the club realised there was a major problem and people who have no intention of going to friendly games who I would call part timers where getting tickets probably caused by a it problem the club should have had the bottle to cancel all tickets for the Madrid game and done the ballot again and the real fans would have got them
Fans who don’t go to friendlys aren’t real fans ?

Absolute shambles this, 9,000 ticked Home Friendlies meanwhile folk who didn’t get tickets. Those who did should be at both games this weekend.

Well done to the club as this means a lot
of folk will not turn up as they didn’t want to go/can’t in the first place.

Why are people who were successful in a ballot having to log on and purchase tickets manually? CCCS any other year, they just automatically deduct the ticket price from your card and either send you a ticket or activate your smartcard(In this weekends cases a QR code) Why are they over complicating things? They going to do this every CCCS game from now on?

Is there any way to upgrade a juvenile ticket to an adult? When purchasing it didn’t give me the option. Can only imagine the fun and games of attempting this through phoning through TO

Livingston game is totally separate from any friendlies.
Livingston game is a ballot of season ticket holders for the 17,000 allocation.
Wouldn't surprise me if they change this and give priority to those who ticked friendlies to appease them.

Or if they magically appear to be the ones getting the tickets.

It was inevitable ticket distribution while reduced capacity was going to be a car crash.

Wouldn't surprise me if they change this and give priority to those who ticked friendlies to appease them.

It was inevitable ticket distribution while reduced capacity was going to be a car crash.
Do that and it's an even bigger car crash

As mentioned previously, I didn’t tick the friendly box as due to summer holidays, I can’t always make every friendly although I buy them individually when I’m at home and can make them

I suspect many didn’t bother ticking the box because they probably didn’t think we’d have crowds back so soon.

I would have bought 1 for Madrid had it been a normal crowd anyway although I understand why those that did tick the box feel aggrieved given that many of us got Madrid emails despite not ticking the box
That’s the thing mate, you’re saying you’d have probably bought a Real Madrid ticket had it been a normal crowd

Would you have bought one if it was Raith With a normal crowd? The friendlies CCCS members were committed to buying one if it was Raith instead

This is really bringing the worst out in some people now. Obviously folk are frustrated, but to say ST holders aren’t real fans or to call those that don’t tick for every match ‘these people’ is going a wee bit too far.

I don’t tick all the boxes because I do shift work, so I buy tickets individually for the games I can make. Others might struggle to just afford a season ticket and maybe make plenty of sacrifices to do so. To suggest they aren’t real fans isn’t just wrong, it makes you come across as a spoilt brat.

This is really bringing the worst out in some people now. Obviously folk are frustrated, but to say ST holders aren’t real fans or to call those that don’t tick for every match ‘these people’ is going a wee bit too far.

I don’t tick all the boxes because I do shift work, so I buy tickets individually for the games I can make. Others might struggle to just afford a season ticket and maybe make plenty of sacrifices to do so. To suggest they aren’t real fans isn’t just wrong, it makes you come across as a spoilt brat.
Being personal with other ST holders is out of order and people are directing anger at the wrong people

My stance is clear but the club have majorly fucked up - it’s not ST holders fault the club has, wrongly, given them tickets in the ballot

Do that and it's an even bigger car crash
In what way? Admitting they’ve fucked up and offer the tickets who it should’ve been in the first place?

People not on the friendlies can’t complain if the decision gets reversed

There’s been situations in the past (Celtic home game) where the ticket office have messed up by selling additional tickets to people, only to then cancel them as it was a clear error

Mate what the fuck are your on about?

Try reading my post again. That's the point I'm making.
You’re a bam first you say I my a season ticket holder which i have been since 1975 and do I tick the box for European games I’ve not missed a a European game since the Fair city’s game against Bayern so don’t question me my support of the club the point is this ballot was a disaster and the wrong fans got the tickets probably a -ick like you

No it’s not , it’s easily rectified.
Come out this morning and admit they’ve made an arse of it . Cancel all tickets allocated to supporters who didn’t apply for CCCS friendlies and allocate them to supporters who did .
It’s a straightforward fix.
Your correct Bud it is easily rectified, but this is Rangers TO we are talking about. We as a club had at least 15 months to prepare for this situation and we still end up getting it wrong.

People need to focus on the club, its systems, staff and processes. Play the ball, not the man.

My pals didn't sign up for friendlies and got Real, it's not fair but it's no really their fault.

Yeah, this is my concern.

It's a logistical nightmare. Do you cancel all tickets? Plenty got who did tick. Cost of refunding and reprocessing thousands of tickets.

Minimum I'd expect them to admit they got this wrong, apologise to everyone who was excluded and open up some meaningful dialogue about improvements going forward.

The Real Madrid game isn't the real issue, it's the lack of trust in them to do anything right atm.

I honestly can't get my head around the sheer stupidity of the whole farce.
Now, I have absolutely no axe to grind with the guys/ladies being offered a Madrid ticket. They looked a gift horse in the mouth and took it, but every single one of them would have had absolutely no cause for complaint if the 9,000 or so who ticked for friendlies got them. They probably wouldn't have complained either. They'd happily have went into a ballot for the remaining few thousand.

But what do Rangers do? Stick two fingers up at the folk who committed to friendlies and abandoned their own system. In turn creating anger that is sure to be directed at themselves and deservedly so.

Mind blowing stupidity.
Agreed. I didn’t tick the box and got a Madrid ticket. Those who did tick should absolutely have been sorted first. I don’t see any argument to the contrary.

It's a logistical nightmare. Do you cancel all tickets? Plenty got who did tick. Cost of refunding and reprocessing thousands of tickets.

Minimum I'd expect them to admit they got this wrong, apologise to everyone who was excluded and open up some meaningful dialogue about improvements going forward.

The Real Madrid game isn't the real issue, it's the lack of trust in them to do anything right atm.
Apologies solve nothing and it’ll be because they feel pressured to say something rather than it being sincere

I don’t think that will happen.
And it shouldn’t.

There’s no chance they’re cancelling tickets or trying to undo anything. I’d be surprised if they admitted even making a mistake here to be honest.

If they had fucked up the other way round, it wouldn't be as big of an issue. We could probably just move on and make sure it is fixed for next time.

But the fact people who tick the box, and happily go along to games like HJK Helsinki in January have been given the lesser game is the big balls up here.

It is a massive own goal.

Why shouldn’t it?

The exact same thing has happened previously (Celtic at home) albeit a smaller scale
For me solving one clustef*k with another one wouldn’t help.
I don’t think you can have season ticket holders missing out on a Livingston ticket because of this shambles.

For me solving one clustef*k with another one wouldn’t help.
I don’t think you can have season ticket holders missing out on a Livingston ticket because of this shambles.
Ohh, sorry I’ve picked that up wrong then. I thought he meant refund Real tickets and redo a ballot

No, you’re absolutely right! These people shouldn’t be discounted for Livi under any circumstances

ST-Silver MyGers and didn’t tick the box as I purchased the July pass but got offered a ticket.Won’t be taking it up as it is wrong on so many levels.I remember feeling being screwed in 2016 when I went to every SC game then missed out on the final cos I received the SF ticket.Hopefully the ticket will be offered to someone who have been given it in the first place.

You’re a bam first you say I my a season ticket holder which i have been since 1975 and do I tick the box for European games I’ve not missed a a European game since the Fair city’s game against Bayern so don’t question me my support of the club the point is this ballot was a disaster and the wrong fans got the tickets probably a -ick like you

Jesus Christ. I'm AGREEING with you. My first post was SARCASTIC.

Hopefully the capitals will help to that point across. Fuckin hell.

ST-Silver MyGers and didn’t tick the box as I purchased the July pass but got offered a ticket.Won’t be taking it up as it is wrong on so many levels.I remember feeling being screwed in 2016 when I went to every SC game then missed out on the final cos I received the SF ticket.Hopefully the ticket will be offered to someone who have been given it in the first place.
Very reasonable stance from you mate, but it’s not your fault the club fucked up. If you’ve been offered a ticket and you want to go, you should go.

Back