Real Madrid Tickets

You’re a bam first you say I my a season ticket holder which i have been since 1975 and do I tick the box for European games I’ve not missed a a European game since the Fair city’s game against Bayern so don’t question me my support of the club the point is this ballot was a disaster and the wrong fans got the tickets probably a -ick like you
Calling ST holders part timers and not real fans says more about you than anybody else.

For me solving one clustef*k with another one wouldn’t help.
I don’t think you can have season ticket holders missing out on a Livingston ticket because of this shambles.
Totally agree on this one.

Im raging as I ticked every box going and got shafted. But it’s not other ST holders fault, it’s a huge feck up from Rangers TO.

The Livi game should be a straight ballot between every ST holder, it’s the only fair way to do it.

You’re a bam first you say I my a season ticket holder which i have been since 1975 and do I tick the box for European games I’ve not missed a a European game since the Fair city’s game against Bayern so don’t question me my support of the club the point is this ballot was a disaster and the wrong fans got the tickets probably a -ick like you
Is that you mental Ray?

No it’s not , it’s easily rectified.
Come out this morning and admit they’ve made an arse of it . Cancel all tickets allocated to supporters who didn’t apply for CCCS friendlies and allocate them to supporters who did .
It’s a straightforward fix.
Most other ticket offices would probably do this as its a simple resolution but i would put my house on ours just battening the hatches and not giving a f***. It’s never their fault

The main issue I feel is that people have lost faith in the club to run any ballot fairly / properly.

Alarm bells were ringing when SLO was mentioning those with Brighton tickets were out of the Madrid draw because the numbers don't add up.
That’s another aspect, the club have just alienated the ST holders that signed up to the friendlies scheme in good faith

Why should any of us rejoin in the future? The clubs just done themselves out of guaranteed income

Like, not being funny, the club could’ve sold a friendly ticket against Pollok juniors for £30 a pop and all the friendlies CCCS members are committed to buying them

Very reasonable stance from you mate, but it’s not your fault the club fucked up. If you’ve been offered a ticket and you want to go, you should go.
I'm in the same position.
I didn't tick any box for friendlies but got a ticket for Real Madrid. When I say "got a ticket" that's a little misleading because around 8 hrs of trying to purchase said ticket has been a feckin shambles. I've given up.

That’s exactly what will happen, usual story

my main question for @Greg Marshall is can you understand why so many people are unhappy here?
“It was a system error”
“We’re really sorry”
“I totally empathise with those affected”
“Working hard to ensure it doesn’t happen again”
“Please be assured this won’t be the case for future ballots going forward”

Bla, bla, bla

They honestly won’t care. This is akin to old TC members missing out for a glamour euro tie because they’ve went to a qualifier against some Eastern European nobodies, whilst a non TC member gets Real in the group stages

That’s exactly what will happen, usual story

my main question for @Greg Marshall is can you understand why so many people are unhappy here?
The last thing he said on his Twitter was ballots were ongoing, hours after emails had dropped for both games.

He’s trying to cover for a %^*& up, people would be more understanding if he admitted a mistake had been made and he will seek answers as to why it happened. Being the SLO for a club like ours is a tough gig but you can’t just sign off twitter and fans forums for a few days when people are asking questions

Never got a ticket for either of the games, ticked all friendlies.
That’s shocking and why the ballot should be scrapped and refunds given.

Do the ballot again only this time just allocate a seat to those that are lucky rather than having to select a stand only to find out there’s no tickets available and you have to start the process all over again.

Shambles.

This type of stuff is when fans need to hear from him.

But then again there isn’t much he can say bar “the club are a shambles”.
You would think his wages are for addressing fans at times when there is issues.

Strange concept but to be honest expect when he does come on to see the usual responses of nothing wrong or send an email to this address to be widely ignored.

The club do a lot of things well but the ticketing is something that seems beyond them. Add in a website that looks like £5 has been spent on it and it’s easy to see why supporters are getting fed up.
Nothing is ever easy as the website is so un user friendly and the communications from the club are a joke.
In terms of the SLO I can’t make up my mind if he is a victim of the club or if he is out his depth

This type of stuff is when fans need to hear from him.

But then again there isn’t much he can say bar “the club are a shambles”.
See if I’m brutally honest, the SLO is a good guy doing an extremely difficult job under impossible circumstances at times

He’s not to blame for this mess and I’d hope no one directs their anger at him directly

However, that said, it’s his job to come on and explain how this mess has happened and what the club are going to do to sort it

The SLO is a fan like us so he’ll understand full well the frustrations. I honestly couldn’t do his job with some of the messages he gets. I’ve had debates with him about RSCs/mygers etc in the past but even though I don’t agree with him at times, I respect he’s trying his best

I spoke to two guys this morning.
One away on holiday and never does friendlies.
Other one didn’t realise it was this Sunday evening that we were playing RM.
Both got email offering them tickets :rolleyes:

Got the mail saying I had Brighton ticket. Tried all day yesterday as I’m on hols and never got online. Got on this morning via link in email and says there needs to be a ‘1’ in my basket to buy...a ‘2’ to buy for RM...and there’s a feckin ‘0’ in both...suggesting to me they’ve already sold out Brighton? Anyone else get this?

No it’s not , it’s easily rectified.
Come out this morning and admit they’ve made an arse of it . Cancel all tickets allocated to supporters who didn’t apply for CCCS friendlies and allocate them to supporters who did .
It’s a straightforward fix.
Aye but that's not what I was replying to :D

My point was you can't just say ‘oh well we fucked up so we’ll give them livi tickets’ which was fairly clear from the post.

“It was a system error”
“We’re really sorry”
“I totally empathise with those affected”
“Working hard to ensure it doesn’t happen again”
“Please be assured this won’t be the case for future ballots going forward”

Bla, bla, bla

They honestly won’t care. This is akin to old TC members missing out for a glamour euro tie because they’ve went to a qualifier against some Eastern European nobodies, whilst a non TC member gets Real in the group stages
If he can’t understand this scenario then what chance does he have as an SLO

Untenable

This is one of the worst misreadings of a post yet on FF I reckon. Made a rip-roaring arse of it here and abused a fellow bear in the process. Surprised it's not resulted in a holiday quite honestly.

If he can’t understand this scenario then what chance does he have as an SLO

Untenable
I’m as pissed off as anyone mate but this isn’t his fault, he’s just the messenger here

He does a good job, his jobs hardly untenable because the clubs flung him under a bus?

Fair point but look at the tweets from the SLO yesterday - you could argue that was an attempt at transparency yet he contradicted himself in the space of a few hours

Agreed.

It would have went a LONG way to say we know something has gone wrong here, we'll look into it. Instead it just seems to be constantly defending the club's position. "For clarity" is used to clarify something that is being misinterpreted, not when the club are doing a full 180. FWIW I don't think it's a Greg decision to defend everything the TO do...

See, quite honestly, I've always taken ballots as a straightforward luck-based thing and accepted that some you win, some you lose. Sometimes you get a few wins in a row, toher times feels like you're getting nothing for ages, but I'm okay with it on the basis everyone is in the hat equally who is eligible to be there.

In this case, folk won't necessarily agree with me, but I'd have happily accepted a fresh ballot amongst STH who ticked friendlies for each on the home friendlies. None of this "If you got a ticket for one game, you're out the ballot for the next one".

All those who ticked the box in a ballot for Arsenal, all in for Brighton and all in for RM (albeit it doesn't sound like a ballot was needed for this except for what was left once all who ticked the box got a ticket).

Of course some folk will get very lucky and others unlucky, but that's more an annoyance and something that's par for the course than actually implementing a system that tries to create a parity and ends up excluding those who opted in, gives tickets to those who didn't and even gives children tickets without an adult to accompany them.

Ballots will always have some punters unhappy, but they are what they are - luck of the draw.

Hey Folks - for anybody struggling to buy multiple (family) tickets. You need to select the tickets individually and update your basket each time. Select the Rangers number / name for each and update. Just bought our 4 for the kids and ourselves first time doing it this way.

See, quite honestly, I've always taken ballots as a straightforward luck-based thing and accepted that some you win, some you lose. Sometimes you get a few wins in a row, toher times feels like you're getting nothing for ages, but I'm okay with it on the basis everyone is in the hat equally who is eligible to be there.

In this case, folk won;t necessarily agree with me, but I'd have happily accepted a fresh ballot amongst STH who ticked friendlies for each on the home friendlies. None of this "If you got a ticket for one game, you're out the ballot for the next one".

All those who ticked the box in a ballot for Arsenal, all in for Brighton and all in for RM (albeit it doesn't sound like a ballot was needed for this except for what was left once all who ticked the box got a ticket).

Of course some folk will get very lucky and others unlucky, but that's more an annoyance and something that's par for the course than actually implementing a syystem that tries to create a parity and ends up excluding those who opted in, gives tickets to those who didn't and even gives children tickets without an adult to accompany them.

Ballots will always have some punters unhappy, but they are what they are - luck of the draw.
How’s it the luck of the draw if people got tickets for a game they didn’t sign up for?

Would they have taken the tickets if it was Pollok? Doubtful

How’s it the luck of the draw if people got tickets for a game they didn’t sign up for?

Would they have taken the tickets if it was Pollok? Doubtful

I don’t think that’s what he was saying. I think he meant the draw should be among those who ticked the box and that you shouldn’t be ruled out of a RM ticket if you got an Arsenal or Brighton ticket?

I don’t think that’s what he was saying. I think he meant the draw should be among those who ticked the box and that you shouldn’t be ruled out of a RM ticket if you got an Arsenal or Brighton ticket?
I thought it was clear enough when I said:

"but I'm okay with it on the basis everyone is in the hat equally who is eligible to be there.

In this case, folk won't necessarily agree with me, but I'd have happily accepted a fresh ballot amongst STH who ticked friendlies for each on the home friendlies. None of this "If you got a ticket for one game, you're out the ballot for the next one".

All those who ticked the box in a ballot for Arsenal, all in for Brighton and all in for RM (albeit it doesn't sound like a ballot was needed for this except for what was left once all who ticked the box got a ticket)."

:D

Back