Match Thread Rangers v Real Madrid - 18:00 Sunday - RangersTV

What a performance from every Rangers player tonight. Yes, Real Madrid had a few players missing but we totally bossed the game from start to finish. Great to watch.

I have noticed this seeing people wearing Rangers new home shirt these past few weeks but really the gold colouring absolutely glows in this amazing summer sun.

The players are going to look like something else tanking teams over the next few weeks. Just hope it’s an Indian Summer…

I was a little after the first 3 games but the last 2 have been great and we have such a powerful squad.

I'm honestly shocked by how good Lundstram is, I feel like there must be a catch :))
Lundstrum looks like he has a bit of everything box to box , can ping a pass and strong in the tackle and Fashion Sakala has the touch, pace and power to cause the SPFL nightmares two brillant signings on a free

I was a little after the first 3 games but the last 2 have been great and we have such a powerful squad.

I'm honestly shocked by how good Lundstram is, I feel like there must be a catch :))
He has visibly settled and stepped up in just three games. Last week against Arsenal, Davis was talking him through just about every minute of the game - and was getting a bit irate with him on a couple of occasions. But he looked good yesterday and even better today. Great passing with both feet and looks strong, without being over physical.

i think we have to be pretty content with our weekends work, we look to be getting up to speed , our sharpness is almost there and we can look forward with anticipation and plenty of confidence,,on a side note column is an absolute weapon,

Alfie's going to be pissed when he finds out our Zambian Prince is JD's new best friend. :D

A game full of positives for us and a great experience for our younger players. No weaknesses in the team despite the player rotation.
Match played competitively but with no nastiness - shame about Isco’s red card but his foul was undoubtedly a second yellow.
Initially I thought the ref was being a bit OTT with bookings and lectures considering it was a friendly and that topped it off but when i seen the replay he deserve to go off.

Good run out for us, it is only a friendly but it is still good to beat Real Madrid and the new signings looked promising as well.

Kamara is an absolute Rolls Royce. Anyone saying we should accept 10/15 for him is off their head imo. 20 at least and that's an absolute bargain for any team that got him at that price.
The reality is that he’s worth what someone is willing to pay for him at the time we are willing to sell him, or when we have to sell him to avoid losing him for nothing.

But does he have the quality to be worth more than £20m? Absolutely.

From Kerrydale of all places:

Rodrygo the scorer cost €40M, Jovic partnering him cost €60M and the other player in the front three Vazquez scored in a Champions Legaue Final.

Isco and Odegaard in midfield albeit along side a youth is impressive.

Nacho and Marcelo in defence have an Abundance of club success/experience as well as with National sides. Odriozola also in defence cost them €30M. A rookie CB and keeper though.

We've played two games in two days. We've beaten Real Madrid and were a shite refereeing decision from beating a decent Brighton side.

We're looking good. Maybe a bit of finishing training this week and then we will be roaring to go.

Really good performance its all coming together again. I can only presume Davo was left on for 85 mins, because the gaffer feels at his age he needs to play to gain fitness rather than on the training ground. I actually thought he got better as the game went on.

I have noticed this seeing people wearing Rangers new home shirt these past few weeks but really the gold colouring absolutely glows in this amazing summer sun.

The players are going to look like something else tanking teams over the next few weeks. Just hope it’s an Indian Summer…
I'm the same mate. Seemed to be a slow start when the new tops came out, but seeing plenty every day now.

Lads played brilliant for the bits of the game that I seen, really well. Nice to see Itten and Sakala get on the scoresheet too, the new lad looks really keen to impress.

Kamara is an absolute Rolls Royce. Anyone saying we should accept 10/15 for him is off their head imo. 20 at least and that's an absolute bargain for any team that got him at that price.

He could play for any team and look comfortable. If he played a season in La Liga he’d be worth £50m plus. Just a shame nobody is going to pay that for a player in Scotland.

Back