Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question - if we manage to keep hold of Kamara, Morelos, Goldson, Kent and Borna .. Would we be happy with current squad and nobody else coming in?
100% yes. Bank the (hopefully) the Champions League money or Europa League money & go with the squad we have. The 2 additions we’ve added have brought something different to the party.

I’d happily let 2/3 fringe players leave either permanently or on loan.

Last edited:
You not think Kelly has done enough to be a 1st team player this season?
Friendlies and all that but to me he has. I genuinely wouldn't have a worry about him playing any game for us in Scotland. His lack of experience would only be a slight worry against top teams in Europe.
Yes. He's certainly knocking on the door.

I just think Gerrard will look for another midfielder. He is desperate to go further in Europe and I'd just not be 100% confident in Kelly being the difference. That's no criticism of Kelly who has looked really good, but maybe a year to early for him to be considered a proper regular in the midfield when it comes to that level.

But I could well be talking absolute pish!!

I hope this McCann signing (if true) isn’t an indication that Jack’s diagnosis doesn’t look promising. Suppose the cover means we wouldn’t have to rush him.

I hope this McCann signing (if true) isn’t an indication that Jack’s diagnosis doesn’t look promising. Suppose the cover means we wouldn’t have to rush him.
It won’t have any serious bearing on the first team.

He might play a small role this season but won’t have any pressure on him to do so.

Always wary about that English Under-23 league.

However his technique looks excellent. Interesting that he's supposedly a defensive Midfielder but the whole video is him playing as a 10.
Only watched few mins clips but while he looks short n slim he uses his body very well . Prime vision and passing and he looks to have a sharpness to his passes into feet and doable of changing the tempo that way .

Midfield in pre season we were playing

Kelly - untested (looks good)
Wright - not really a midfielder
Hagi - not really a central midfielder
Kamara - Might be subject to big bids
Davis - Great but pushing towards the end of his career.
Arfield - didn't feature loads older player who is the sort of player due to style who won't play late like Davis. Picks up injuries.
Lundstram - Started well.
Young lad now on loan (forgotten his name)
And Lewis Mayo a centre back.

Of those players only 3 can be considered starting picks for CM. One of those is potentially leaving.

Other midfielders not featuring are.
Ryan Jack - another starter who picks up injuries who has had surgery that may have a very long rehab. Hasn't had pre season.

Joe Aribo - Unsure what his best position is if 10 or CM great player who has also been injured/missing in pre season.

Nnamdi Ofoborh - heart condition could be out for a year at least with something like that.

so right now that leaves us with 3 starters a youth prospect, a good squad player, and 2 players playing out of position. Could be that we feel we need at least one more midfield cover player and then one starter if we were to lose GK.

Interesting one - low risk signing.. never a bad idea pinching players from good academy’s

I prefer the below type of videos to watch a player, as it isn’t just highlights its all his actions from one game.

He looks to be a right sided number 8, and more offensive than defensive.

Very agile and athletic, can get the ball out of his feet quickly, plays mainly forward passes and the way he basically slaps the ball in at decent pace is satisfying. Like the look of him. Gets 2 assists in the game too.

CL money would mean a profit & cash inflow Russell but EL money wouldn’t.
Yes so you think we will have to sell if we don’t get into CL?? probably.

I don’t know much about Malmö but going by their results + highlights I’d fancy us to overcome them. I hope & pray we can get through play off round in the CL but it will be so tough.

I prefer the below type of videos to watch a player, as it isn’t just highlights its all his actions from one game.

He looks to be a right sided number 8, and more offensive than defensive.

Very agile and athletic, can get the ball out of his feet quickly, plays mainly forward passes and the way he basically slaps the ball in at decent pace is satisfying. Like the look of him. Gets 2 assists in the game too.

Good stuff.

Off-topic, I've always thought that Shola Shoretire, who has broke into the 1st Team at United, was pronounced Shore-tyre. But both videos have it as Shorey-teary.

The more you know.

Midfield in pre season we were playing

Kelly - untested (looks good)
Wright - not really a midfielder
Hagi - not really a central midfielder
Kamara - Might be subject to big bids
Davis - Great but pushing towards the end of his career.
Arfield - didn't feature loads older player who is the sort of player due to style who won't play late like Davis. Picks up injuries.
Lundstram - Started well.
Young lad now on loan (forgotten his name)
And Lewis Mayo a centre back.

Of those players only 3 can be considered starting picks for CM. One of those is potentially leaving.

Other midfielders not featuring are.
Ryan Jack - another starter who picks up injuries who has had surgery that may have a very long rehab. Hasn't had pre season.

Joe Aribo - Unsure what his best position is if 10 or CM great player who has also been injured/missing in pre season.

Nnamdi Ofoborh - heart condition could be out for a year at least with something like that.

so right now that leaves us with 3 starters a youth prospect, a good squad player, and 2 players playing out of position. Could be that we feel we need at least one more midfield cover player and then one starter if we were to lose GK.

Agreed.

And that's why I believe - and I think Gerrard does too - that we need another midfielder.

Yes so you think we will have to sell if we don’t get into CL?? probably.

I don’t know much about Malmö but going by their results + highlights I’d fancy us to overcome them. I hope & pray we can get through play off round in the CL but it will be so tough.

Yes, that’s my fear Russell.

The board have spoken about having to sell, but they’ve probably not dared to consider CL Qualification this year given the draw.

You never know, I do think we can take Malmö and the final QR will be a really tough task. But we’ve learned that you can’t rule Rangers under Steven Gerrard in Europe.

looks like a decent young player. cant imagine the fee being too big either. just waiting on all the offended bheasts crawling out to be offended and irish player is signing for us

Was Bebo the child of Bebeto?
4609908560_c35e81c3a0.jpg
I think he was called Bebethree

If there is any truth in it, I take it this Man Utd lad would be coming to the first team squad, yes?

Surely he wouldn't be leaving Man Utd to come and play against the likes of East Kilbride etc?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back