Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scott Wright, Sakala and Roofe can all play on the left side. We have plenty of cover.
Our left side is loaded. Our right hand side is not. Only Hagi and Jones have played there more regularly, as has Hastie.

That said, we have a lot of front-line players now (should we really play a 4-3-3 (and not 4-2-3-1 as usual) who "can" play acrosss the front line:

Squad by position

Our left side is loaded. Our right hand side is not. Only Hagi and Jones have played there more regularly, as has Hastie.

That said, we have a lot of front-line players now (should we really play a 4-3-3 (and not 4-2-3-1 as usual) who "can" play acrosss the front line:

Squad by position
Wright Sakala Roofe Hagi Aribo can all play that side.

What do we think the gameplan is for different eventualities??

If we make the CL group stages - do we keep all our best players whilst adding to the squad with another midfielder like Veerman?

If we drop into the Europa - do we keep our squad as is without adding??.. or are we then forced to sell a big player?

Fwiw I'd be confident going into this season with what we've got but I think what happens in Europe determines what happens next.

Squad by position
Roofe will play as a right 10 more often than not too, Aribo too in certain games.

Well stocked in the forward line IMO.

My Arsenal supporting colleague is adamant that Kamara will be signing for Arsenal. In all fairness he's a bit of a prick and his sales forecasts never come to fruition, plus he wears skinny jeans at 45 years old :D
Seriously though, I think there will be offers for Glen as he's a class act. I'd hate to lose him.

If Jones were to go, do we have enough back up for Kent?

Thinking purely in terms of wide players with pace and creativity, it's an area we could be lacking in. Barker and Middleton are two that come to mind and they don't fill me with confidence. Hagi, Roofe and Aribo are different types of players so I wouldn't include them.

Come to think of it, with the exception of Kent our recruitment in that area hasn't been overly successful. That's not saying they've all been unsuccessful, but Jones and Barker haven't pushed on, nor has Middleton, Murphy was unlucky with his injury, Hastie hasn't cut it, etc. Probably the only position we can say that about.
Jones isn't backup for anyone. Let's not try and exaggerate his worth to us. There's a reason his teas oot . He's rotten.

My Arsenal supporting colleague is adamant that Kamara will be signing for Arsenal. In all fairness he's a bit of a prick and his sales forecasts never come to fruition, plus he wears skinny jeans at 45 years old :D
Seriously though, I think there will be offers for Glen as he's a class act. I'd hate to lose him.
I wear skinny jeans,and I’m a proud 75.;)

Two things seem apparent to me anyway:

1. The newspapers know nothing and the "Gerrard has stepped in to personally ensure Veerman signs" pish was just pish.
2. We aren't buying until we know where we're playing European football....

Is the poster that said it was a done deal the same poster that’s now saying it’s dead?

Veerman that is?

If its not on Bebo then not believing it
Was Bebo the child of Bebeto?
4609908560_c35e81c3a0.jpg

The Veerman situation clearly depends on what happens in our European ties.
Nothing clear about it. There isn't any Veerman "situation" apart from on FF. B-D

Maybe it's just the case that we've identified a value for him and won't pay beyond that or were just never that interested anyway. I doubt Gerrard and Wilson only have a single player identified who they really must have at all costs.

Reactions: LRM
We don’t need hamer he’s too similar to what we have . Veerman or someone who plays like him is the only type we need this summer unless we sell kamara . No point spending money on something we don’t need . I’m positive veerman will happen it’s still early in the window an can see it dragging out through the summer till we agree on a price

Gerrard said 1 or 2 in , I'm confident this will happen at some point during the transfer window

Seems like we have targets in mind depending how Europe goes

Im not that worried about getting bodies in the door immediately now if i am honest, we have the players to take care of the domestic side of things in August and i think we are more than capable of qualifying for the champions league with what we have right now, it will be difficult though but far from impossible

Its not like signing someone in the next couple of days is giving them much time to get up to speed with things anyway

We don’t need hamer he’s too similar to what we have . Veerman or someone who plays like him is the only type we need this summer unless we sell kamara . No point spending money on something we don’t need . I’m positive veerman will happen it’s still early in the window an can see it dragging out through the summer till we agree on a price
who is Hamer like ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back