Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gerrard isn’t daft enough to say something like this without it having a message behind it

“Alfredo Morelos is due back at some point, we're not sure when but hopefully he'll arrive when he's ready.”

That’s clearly not just said as a throwaway comment . He could have answered that 100 other ways, that Halliday would say what he did is most likely something he is getting vibes from from players he clearly is still close with.

it’s not something worth getting overly upset or defensive about, it’s happened before with Morelos, it’s not as if this is new or something that tends to cause that long a hangover.

It happened once before with Morelos.

And you know what else happened with him ?

He hardly missed a game through injury in the last three years, including when Edwards nearly put him in hospital.

I’ll be amazed if our players are feeding the mhedia through Halliday mate. Unlike him, they are true professionals.

It happened once before with Morelos.

And you know what else happened with him ?

He hardly missed a game through injury in the last three years, including when Edwards nearly put him in hospital.

I’ll be amazed if our players are feeding the mhedia through Halliday mate. Unlike him, they are true professionals.
Our players will not be told anything about any individual our management team are simply to professional for that

Gerrard isn’t daft enough to say something like this without it having a message behind it

“Alfredo Morelos is due back at some point, we're not sure when but hopefully he'll arrive when he's ready.”

That’s clearly not just said as a throwaway comment . He could have answered that 100 other ways, that Halliday would say what he did is most likely something he is getting vibes from from players he clearly is still close with.

it’s not something worth getting overly upset or defensive about, it’s happened before with Morelos, it’s not as if this is new or something that tends to cause that long a hangover.
If he got less than the 2 weeks holiday that he has had (far less than the rest of the squad) then he would be getting treated wrongly and dangerously by the club. Of course he was to get 2 weeks. (Again, less than anyone else.)

Possibly the manager getting sick of answering the same stupid questions?

H
Do we?

Davis, kamara, jack, lundstrom, Kelly and arfield.

zungu didn’t really contribute last season (I know he had a few last 10 min appearances) so we are essentially two men up this year. Lundstrom and Kelly.

clearly more would be nice. But we have 2 for each position in there.
Having seen Kamara when he came on on Sunday, I’m convinced keeping him is more important than adding anyone else. Obviously if we can do both it would be out of this world but Kamara is a rolls Royce of a player! What options we have already.

With regards Morelos - there's employment law at play as well. He's due a certain amount of holiday time contractually like anyone else. We've seen players try to take the club to court for not getting this in the past.
Wouldn’t he have had some time off prior to joining up with Colombia for the Copa?

I think @BIGBISCUITOOO 's assessment was reasonably fair although like yourself, I reckon Davis will play a big part in our season.

I would also like another in MF, Jack we can' t be 100% on yet but if fully fit great. Airfield, when fully fit is great but has he ever had a full season fully fit? Not trying to be negative, but he does have dips.
I think used sparingly we could get more seasons out of Davis. Give him for arguments sake 30 high end important games. My concern isn't about Davis though, it is the injury record of Jack / Arfield.
Think that concerns everyone though

I think used sparingly we could get more seasons out of Davis. Give him for arguments sake 30 high end important games. My concern isn't about Davis though, it is the injury record of Jack / Arfield.
Think that concerns everyone though
I have the same concerns.

Thing is with guys the age of Davis, they need to play to keep in shape. A month on the sidelines wouldn't do Davis any favours.

Plus he is shit hot and most likely we want / need to play him.

Again, for clarity as I mentioned a few posts ago, Morelos wasn’t late back at all. In fact if you go back and look through my posts and in particular a conversation I had with @Tagsbear on here a few weeks ago, I was saying he wouldn’t be back in the country until around now and would likely miss Livingston and probably the first leg of the qualifier. The club sanctioned how long Morelos was to get off and always knew how long he would be away for.

What was an issue was how long Colombia stayed in the tournament for. That’s the only thing at play here.

Again, for clarity as I mentioned a few posts ago, Morelos wasn’t late back at all. In fact if you go back and look through my posts and in particular a conversation I had with @Tagsbear on here a few weeks ago, I was saying he wouldn’t be back in the country until around now and would likely miss Livingston and probably the first leg of the qualifier. The club sanctioned how long Morelos was to get off and always knew how long he would be away for.

What was an issue was how long Colombia stayed in the tournament for. That’s the only thing at play here.
I’m genuinely surprised people expected him back earlier considering how far they got in the tournament.

I resigned myself to him missing Livy and the first qualifier about two weeks ago. I remember you saying it as well at the time as well - just presumed everyone was going to accept that would be the case :))

Thats not what he said in the Sky Sports interview I watched, and anyway, Morelos is here, he’s had less of a break than anyone else, but is still being painted as the bad guy, it’s ridiculous.

And you were right and I was wrong, which is obviously a very rare occurrence B-)

This thread was halfway down page 2!

Unacceptable Rangers!

Unacceptable those ITK!

Unacceptable those who start fake WhatsApp rumors!

Unacceptable Kenny Millers neighbour!

Unacceptable Andy Halliday!

That being said.... I wouldn't mind if there was one cause to update this thread between now and end of the window

I see 5 new pages of unread posts on this thread...open it up to find the usual nonsense about whether morelos was supposed to be back sooner or not.

I can't wait til we beat Malmo, secure some cash in the bank, and we maybe finally start seeing some movement.

Listening to the heart and hand tactical analysis of Lundstram and the one weakness they mentioned is he is not always the best at tracking back. I’m sure we will coach that into him but if we bring in another midfielder do we not need a more defensively minded option?

That‘s why out of the players linked initially I thought Hamer might be the best option as he has that in his game amongst a lot of other qualities

I see 5 new pages of unread posts on this thread...open it up to find the usual nonsense about whether morelos was supposed to be back sooner or not.

I can't wait til we beat Malmo, secure some cash in the bank, and we maybe finally start seeing some movement.
I wonder how many total pages in this thread could be made up from people complaining about what others have posted about?

Is this accurate?
Yes, it’s spot on, winning the Malmö tie gives us a guaranteed £5m from taking part in the UCL playoff round. Lose that and we drop into the Europa group stage where a minimum £10m awaits. So that’s where the £15m game comes from.

Win the UCL playoff, and well, you are looking at north of £20m minimum for reaching the UCL groups

Are we into the Champions league directly if we get past Malmö? I had just taken for granted there was another qualifying round after that and never bothered to check.
There is another qualifying round but if we lose the playoff we get £5million and then the money for qualifying for the Europa league group. If we win we get the money for qualifying for the champions league

Is this accurate?
We get about €5m if we get past Malmo but don't reach the CL groups. See here:

cGJ7VGh.png

The extra €10m is dependent on how we do in the EL groups though. We'd need to at least get out of the groups to get €10m from that.

Yes, it’s spot on, winning the Malmö tie gives us a guaranteed £5m from taking part in the UCL playoff round. Lose that and we drop into the Europa group stage where a minimum £10m awaits. So that’s where the £15m game comes from.

Win the UCL playoff, and well, you are looking at north of £20m minimum for reaching the UCL groups
The minimum for Europa League groups is only €3.6m

Are we into the Champions league directly if we get past Malmö? I had just taken for granted there was another qualifying round after that and never bothered to check.

No.

We are however in the Europa League Group Stages guaranteed by beating Malmo.

Uefa have introduced a parachute payment of circa £9m for those who are defeated in the Champions League Play-off rounds (ie the next round), so beating Malmo guarantees us that payment plus Europa Group Stages participation/TV cash.

This all together will be the £15m referred to by the previous poster.

We get about €5m if we get past Malmo but don't reach the CL groups. See here:

cGJ7VGh.png

The extra €10m is dependent on how we do in the EL groups though. We'd need to at least get out of the groups to get €10m from that.
Adding in gates, we'll easy see £10m plus from the EL groups

Tv deal, income from gate, etc. Our Europa runs have ensured the safe operations of the club the last few years.
True but doesn't really make sense to use only one form of revenue in one side of the calculation and everything added together in the other.

It will be a massive game but quickly surpassed by the PlayOff round in importance if we get through.

I'll be hugely disappointed if we don't get past Malmo.

True but doesn't really make sense to use only one form of revenue in one side of the calculation and everything added together in the other.

It will be a massive game but quickly surpassed by the PlayOff round in importance if we get through.

I'll be hugely disappointed if we don't get past Malmo.
I’m confident of winning by at least 3 goals over the tie.

I’d be surprise if we came back to Glasgow with anything less than a 2 goal advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back