MOTM Poll Rangers v Dunfermline - 19:30 Friday - Premier Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lundstram has shown nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing in a rangers shirt so far to suggest he should be in ahead of Kelly for this one.

Itten should be banging on the gaffers door as well.

Happy to see roofe and kamara back, would've liked itten and Kelly to get a chance though

Players who need minutes to get up to speed after missing large parts of pre season

Kent
Morelos
Barasic

Also players on the bench

Didn’t Gerrard say something like he’d pick his strongest team?

I reckon there are seven fit players dropped, who would be starting a big game.

It’s still probably enough to see off Dunfermline, but it’s a lot of changes.
Think his actual quote was it would be a strong team rather than strongest, think from what I expected was defoe or itten instead of aribo and maybe balogun for goldson. If this line up isn't strong enough to win tonight then something is very wrong

Glad Patterson is getting his chance, a real quandary for Gerrard if he plays well tonight with Tav’s form in the grubber. Disappointed Kelly not getting a chance from the start with such slim pickings available in midfield.

I'm a long-time lurker here, very rarely feel the need to post anything as most of what I think is usually covered by many of the experts here (and some aren't as expert as they think !). We've had a fairly poor start to the season, the Champions League matches were tough to take, but for christs sake we've only lost the one league match. There is a long way to go. Get behind the team and manager. We WILL improve, beginning tonight.

Glad Patterson is getting his chance, a real quandary for Gerrard if he plays well tonight with Tav’s form in the grubber. Disappointed Kelly not getting a chance from the start with such slim pickings available in midfield.

I think Patterson will get the cup games and some home league games

Early days yet for Lundstram but Kelly should have started before him tonight.
I’m OK with Lundstram starting. Kamara will play the deeper roll though and that should have gone to Kelly, alongside Kamara and Lundstram. With one of the attacking players (Aribo, Hagi or Wright) dropping out.

We've had a lot of flak over the last week or so. Its time we took our anger out on the opposition, and starting tonight. Just score early, and repeat, Rangers. Send out the message that we're back.

True but I would think he may be a player we want to move on due to the contract situation
A fair point but I believe negotiations are ongoing and that’s why he’s off the boil. Should’ve been sorted weeks ago. Frustrating as f*ck

Lundstram has shown nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing in a rangers shirt so far to suggest he should be in ahead of Kelly for this one.

Itten should be banging on the gaffers door as well.

Lundstram has barely played since March. He needs games. He's being paid to much to not be used. He has to get up to speed, ASAP.

Loads of folk going on about poor Helander (and I agree he is our best defender fwiw) but overlooking the fact that Niko Katic is nowhere to be seen.

I get that gaffer is is trying to integrate Simpson and clearly fancies him as a player (although unsure exactly why based on what I've seen of him so far. But if Niko formed any part of the gaffers long term plans, you'd think he'd at least get a spot on the bench in a home tie against lower league opposition to continue his come back from injury. And I get he's been out for a long time but he played 45 pre season if I remember correctly so he must be about ready to go.

Loads of folk going on about poor Helander (and I agree he is our best defender fwiw) but overlooking the fact that Niko Katic is nowhere to be seen.

I get that gaffer is is trying to integrate Simpson and clearly fancies him as a player (although unsure exactly why based on what I've seen of him so far. But if Niko formed any part of the gaffers long term plans, you'd think he'd at least get a spot on the bench in a home tie against lower league opposition to continue his come back from injury. And I get he's been out for a long time but he played 45 pre season if I remember correctly so he must be about ready to go.
Niko has already played this week tbf

Fwiw I wholeheartedly disagreed with making only a few changes.
A message needed to be sent to under performing players and SG has done just that.
I think it's a mix of that and also resting some legs given the schedule we have had in the last week or so. We have another 4 big games plus travel coming up until the international break so its understandable.

Reactions: cav
I've said elsewhere that I'd try to sell him and use the money to fund a bid for Ali McCann.

Not starting tonight suggests that he never will. He's 4th choice striker now. We can't justify keeping him and questions should be asked as to why we bothered signing him?

The plan was probably for him to play a part in a title win.

Hes nowhere to be seen cause he played on Wednesday night for the B team. He has also been out for a year so there's no way he's going to be rushed back.

I’m in Club72, about 5 pints down the neck, bar is buzzing, no problems with service. Come on RangersB-D

Katic played for the B team on Wednesday night.

Players returning from long term injury, generally won't play 2 games within 2 days.

Our rusty looking, lacking match sharpness, first choice keeper rested again. What team rotates their keeper every week?

But he might get injured and miss Europe. Are we just going to go with that nonsense all season. What happens if he breaks his leg in a European game 5 minutes in?

McGregor needs games and is our number 1. Play him. Other than that, team is fine.

Very strange team. Not happy with it at all to be honest and don’t know what’s going on. Hopefully enough to get the job done but doesn’t really explain why our number 1 goalkeeper and midfielder don’t make even the bench. Reckless, to be honest.

Our rusty looking, lacking match sharpness, first choice keeper rested again. What team rotates their keeper every week?

But he might get injured and miss Europe. Are we just going to go with that nonsense all season. What happens if he breaks his leg in a European game 5 minutes in?

McGregor needs games and is our number 1. Play him. Other than that, team is fine.

It may be that Gerrard wants to phase him out given his age??

I don't get that either, tbh. It only gives the opposition a boost seeing that McGregor isn't playing.

Back