MOTM Poll Ross County v Rangers - 15:00 Sunday - RangersTV

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
Let's be honest, they are terrible.

One the plus, you play last season's midfield & instantly it feels like last season again. Midfield feels a lot more dynamic, more movement & interchanging. Got a slight concern with Aribo on a yellow & a big game coming up though....

On the poor, Balogun should be doing better for the goal. Very slack start to the season from him.

Can we just play 2 strikers in the front 3 & be done with these jobbers?

Something fishy about that.
What's fishy about it? His positional sense is atrocious. He dives in like an inexperienced player. If he never had a wee burst of pace he wouldn't be playing anywhere near the level he has. I've noticed this practically from his 1st game. People go on about his pace and last gasp tackles ignoring its his mistakes earlier in passage of play that forces him to do that.

The goal really resulted from that terrible decision by the ref to book Aribo when Callahan was the one who was out of control.
It lead to county kicking some of our players and them getting a soft free kick when Bassey left his foot in.

Has balogun had a good game since the first half of last season? He was a good signing but his deficiencies are becoming clearer and it's costing us cheap goals.

Helander should be starting far more often, at least in Europe and away games domestically.

Overall though that five minute lapse aside we were excellent that half, with good touches, movement and two well crafted goals. Imperative we start the second half like that as we've cheaply given them a lifeline, so need this third goal ASAP

Enjoyable performance for 35 minutes . We seem to have unfortunately found the self destruct switch we managed to get rid of last season , I’m just hoping for a third to kill them off here .

No player should ever be guaranteed to start. However, rotating the defence makes no sense and Helander has done nothing wrong. So far all the other defenders have cost us goals yet the only one who hasn't is the first to be dropped on a regular basis.
Balogun also has done nothing wrong.
Maybe Goldson should also have the occasional day off.
Jesus Christ
Always someone wide open,where Tav should be.I’ll leave it at that.

Absolutely bossed the first half, played some lovely stuff and should be out of sight. Same again in the second half and we’ll be fine. But a shocking goal to lose. Twice in the space of two minutes Tav not where he should be. But what is Balogun doing just letting the boy get a shot in from 8 yards out? Just soft. The difference in quality between Helander and Balogun is stark. Even last season that was clear and I couldn’t understand the fawning over Balogun. He is bang average.

The slightest hint of pressure for a few minutes and we lose a goal. Can see a good few silly draws happening in the season if we don't sort it out. We do tend to sit back and "manage" games when we are just a goal up going to the last 15 minutes or so. It's a concern.

Going forward we look better but it still feels like we lack some intensity and sharpness. Many folk said that complacency would be our biggest problem this season and that first half was a pretty great example of it.

Need to step it up after half time and finish this game off.

Watching the replay, Goldson is shouting at Kamara for not tracking the player who scores. Balogun allows the original shot.

I don't see where Tav is to blame.

Has balogun had a good game since the first half of last season? He was a good signing but his deficiencies are becoming clearer and it's costing us cheap goals.

Helander should be starting far more often, at least in Europe and away games domestically.

Overall though that five minute lapse aside we were excellent that half, with good touches, movement and two well crafted goals. Imperative we start the second half like that as we've cheaply given them a lifeline, so need this third goal ASAP
And Balogun’s deficiencies are?:rolleyes:

Every time we switch off this season we seem to get instantly punished..
It’s a habit we need to get out of, and sharpish.
I’m sure the vermin felt similar last season.

We are so much better than most we will face this season we should be miles ahead.

But we have already lost - been schooled even - to a clearly inferior team in Malmö and perhaps we aren’t in the same place as we thought we would be.

Anyways couple early goals here to put game to bed and start preparing for this gruelling trip

That was a good half from us. Sloppy from the goal which gives them some encouragement. Early goal to kill this off Rangers.

Absolutely not, Simpson gives me the fear
Each entitled to our own opinion.

You might have the fear of Simpson doing something weird leading to a costly mistake or generally being poor defensively, but I'm watching Balogun actually making those costly mistakes and being poor defensively.

Obviously I'd prefer Helander was playing every game, but apparently that isn't an option.

Listen we will always lose goals through tav being unable to pick men up like a defender should, it has been there since he signed for us it would take all day to count the amount of goals we have lost through this, makes no difference he will not be benched, the manager won't so we have to get on with it.
Spot on mate. For far too many posters on this forum, criticism of Tav's obvious defensive shortcomings is akin to heresy. The time cannot be sad off when Patterson has to assume the role of starter

Basic summary of first half. Playing some sharp magnificent football, the stuff we were accustomed to last season and night and day to what we have served up so far this season. A screw turned it seemed. The shine then taken off it by conceding a goal through complacency that has crept in mentally (imo) by some of our defenders lately.

Back