Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well looks like it is over for a couple of months. Got to be pleased that we still have our main players. Do appreciate that we do need to start selling and replacing at some point, but with CL entry this year, I think it is the right move.

I know my point is every club has its share of duds but if your scouting system brings in big profits on players then its working not too bad. Yes they’ve had plenty of duds but they always seem to find a big sale too.
Its only working if you replace those players with equally talented individuals.

They clearly didn't do that and in the end it cost them on the pitch.

If we sold Morelos on for 16 million now then how much of that 16 million goes on a Morelos replacement?

For us and them the supposed "transfer model" that you always hear about feels more like a PR exercise to keep the fans on board. When you have great players you don't sell them unless the bid is crazy or the player just wants to go.

If we sold Morelos, Kamara, Kent, Barisic or Goldson then honestly we can forget about replacing them with similar quality unless we just immediately roll a dice with players bought with the profits and the gamble works.

If you are selling established first team stars then cheap replacements are going to be "project" players so there goes the league for a few seasons while we get back up to speed and then repeat the cycle again.

OK Itten needs to play to improve and he needs to improve to play for us. We have just signed a young striker for the B team who can take a bench spot. He played 30 mins the other day and is clearly too fast and athletic for the B league already we also have 3 other strikers in the B team banging goals in.

We have 1 ready made midfielder in Kelly who we can play instead of McCann who is ready to make an impact as well as 2 new signings in midfield. Keeping Davis, Kamara, Aribo, Jack and Arfield and Hagi, we don't need any more but Lowry, Lindsay and McCann in the B team are all playing extremely well also and will be pushing for a promotion.

Katic needs games. Badly. We have 4 CBs

We have managed to step up McCrorie in goals.

What I am saying is we are in good shape, we have improved the squad with new talent and talented youth and we have spent very very little whilst not disrupting a title winning team.
Great post.

OK Itten needs to play to improve and he needs to improve to play for us. We have just signed a young striker for the B team who can take a bench spot. He played 30 mins the other day and is clearly too fast and athletic for the B league already we also have 3 other strikers in the B team banging goals in.

We have 1 ready made midfielder in Kelly who we can play instead of McCann who is ready to make an impact as well as 2 new signings in midfield. Keeping Davis, Kamara, Aribo, Jack and Arfield and Hagi, we don't need any more but Lowry, Lindsay and McCann in the B team are all playing extremely well also and will be pushing for a promotion.

Katic needs games. Badly. We have 4 CBs

We have managed to step up McCrorie in goals.

What I am saying is we are in good shape, we have improved the squad with new talent and talented youth and we have spent very very little whilst not disrupting a title winning team.
I agree with all you have said. We have a good squad, but I was hoping for some additional quality - someone who you know will start most weeks. Maybe the Champions League exit scuppered that.

Disappointed, raging, gutted…….
We kept our championship winning team intact after being told we would need to sell one of the big hitters, keeping that squad together. Adding 3 new players and thinning the squad players. Successful window if you ask me
But we didnae spend £20 million we don’t have on players we don’t need.

Amazed we haven't tried for any loan deals - surely we could have got somebody in to take the wages we are saving on Itten and Katic for the season?

I just question whether that midfield can pull us through another season - they really needed some quality help in that area but I am not sure we added that.
Kelly in squad, Bacuna signed, Jack to come back, retained Kamara, Hagi and Aribo, Ofoboroh to come back and Lundstram brought in. We still of course have Davis and Arfield and if required by all accounts McCann could step up from B team. We are more than covered. Better position than last season.

Correct? And you aren't?

Think most of the board would agree that we need something different in there - which we don't look to have added this window.
Maybe wait until Bacuna has kicked a ball for us no before writing him off? Lundstrum barely in the door, Jack to return after having had surgery to fix the ongoing injury issue, Kelly promoted to senior squad and also Ofoborh hopefully to get the all clear as well.

Wright and Simpson would have came in during this window if we didn't stump up for them in January, add in Lundstrum, Sakala, Bacuna and the fact we didn't sell any of our top players them I'm delighted with this transfer window, with an emphasis on the word window. We already done our business, no need to go scattergun crazy on the last day for Sky Sports audience.

Radamel Falcao is a free agent B-D

El Tigre and El Bufalo would be a laugh.

Had to chuckle at this quote:

"But the offers for Radamel do not stop there, since it was also known that Venezia and Genoa Italian football want to have the coffee grower in their squads."

I don't know what people are getting at, itten and katic off the books. Why should we go spend money, we are trying to save it. FFS some people want us to spend what we in real terms can't afford. Do u want us to go back to 2012 times

Correct but the board are constantly asking the support to dip into their pockets .

If McCann is off to Preston - Preston FFS - for just £1m then you have to assume the football world doesn’t rate him as highly as his FF fan club.

A move from st Johnstone to a decent championship club which he’ll likely use as a springboard to bigger and better things.

Not sure what’s FFS about it, you’ll have noticed we haven’t been inundated with offers for our much more illustrious talent such is the current market.

Won’t be many people surprised it that doesn’t prove an absolute steal in years to come, the lad isn’t just rated on FF lol.

Let's take the postives on rumoured exits:
Barisic - was never leaving and kissed the pitch after a game in which he reverted to 'I was Borna to play for the Rangers mode'. Like someone flicked a switch. It wasn't a kiss goodbye, it was a welcome back.

Morelos - he's been here so long on the Rangers rollercoaster, why get off? It's a thrill ride as much for him as it is for the fans. The love story has more chapters to come.

Kamara - he was surrounded by team-mates last season who battled for him, left him in no doubt that he means the world to them. A manager who stood with him every step of the way. Finnish? He's no finished he's only 25 (talksport old school joke tweaked to suit)

Kent - he gives snakes as presents to team-mates. And it's acceptable.... He's Kenty. He's unpredictable.

This Rangers team is a band of brothers.
Sure, it's not been the start to the season everyone hoped for, but that's life. I have faith in this squad.

When we have Steven Davis running about on Sunday last 20min like he's playing in a World Cup final, Defoe on pitch at the end as a coach looking as happy as he was when he scored against them four months ago, the club laughing out daft bids for Patterson ...add in Tav, Goldson, McGregor, Kent, Sakala, Aribo, Roofe, Kamara still to find form... Wright getting better and better...

They’ve lost their best striker and replaced him with someone who is a bit of an unknown.
I think Kyogo is a good player and they have signed the top scorer in the Eredivise.

Should I just say they’re shite like they do about all of our players?

I stand by my opinion. It won’t help them against a low block and defending set pieces.

We need Roofe to stay fit and Defoe to be ready when needed.

Same as we done last season, play Roofe through the middle. It worked for us last season in the winter.

We also have the option of bringing Itten back in January if need be. And Sakala, and Defoe.

Kent, Hagi, Wright, Aribo, Bacuna in supporting roles.

More than enough attacking options at the club.

Folk moaning about getting a midfielder in who’s a bit different to what we have . We’ve yet to see bacuna play and if he hits the group running he’ll rip the league to shreds . Also in regards to replacing itten we have Morelos Sakala Defoe and roofe . I’m happy with the squad and if we lose some players to injury and suspension there’s a few of the b team players knocking on the door . Perhaps we’ll see some of them because it’s about time we start to try bring 1 or 2 players every year up to the senior team because we have one of the best youth set ups in Europe but we haven’t been able to use it much due to rebuilding the squad but I believe we’re in a position now to try make it work

Didnt expect us to spend big today but if anyone in the Rangers recruitment department was aware that Ali McCann was available for £1m and we havent at least tried to get involved at that price they should be sacked for Gross Negligence.

We also have the option of bringing Itten back in January if need be. And Sakala, and Defoe.

Kent, Hagi, Wright, Aribo, Bacuna in supporting roles.

More than enough attacking options at the club.
Tbh you post some good points but I feel we might now be one light in the forward line given Itten has gone on loan at least until January. Maybe the club do believe in him and that is why another forward has not come in this window .

Didnt expect us to spend big today but if anyone in the Rangers recruitment department was aware that Ali McCann was available for £1m and we havent at least tried to get involved at that price they should be sacked for Gross Negligence.
I read 1.2m for McCann to Preston NE mate But maybe they have a healthy sell-on fee lined up for his next hop . Sounds like saints were in deep need for a cash boost given they sold both him and Kerr

Jeeso man.

Should Gerrard/Wilson be sacked because we didn’t sign a bang average midfielder? We have 10 players in the squad that can play CM, I’ll confidently say 9 of them are better than McCann.

He’s going to Preston for that price for a reason.

Ripped the absolute piss out of us since the day he signed.
Hardly.

He signed the contract that was offered. By all accounts is a model pro, shows up well in training. Just not good enough though.

Would you walk away from a contract at Rangers? From getting to learn from Stevie G et al? From training beside Kent, Davis, Roofe, Buff, Borna? From the RTC?

I wouldn't. Not in a million years.

Maybe we did but they wouldn't sell to us? Who knows. Or maybe they have scouted him and dont fancy him

Jeeso man.

Should Gerrard/Wilson be sacked because we didn’t sign a bang average midfielder? We have 10 players in the squad that can play CM, I’ll confidently say 9 of them are better than McCann.

He’s going to Preston for that price for a reason.
few people really like Ali McCann but really we have a fair portfolio of players for those roles right now so I’d agree another seems pretty wreckless .
i wonder what his urgency was to leave st Johnstone why not stay another season , minimum .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back