Dom McKay leaves Celtic

sleep-poop.gif

Could be anything. As an earlier poster has said, it may well be down to genuine 'personal reasons', such as health, and I for one also sincerely hope that this is not the case. Lawell was all powerful there and, as we all know, he also pulled the strings of his puppets at the SPFL and SFA. Maybe Peter has been trying to play the same trick with McKay in that he still wanted to be the main man at Parkhead but McKay was not for having it. The deletion of his twitter account though is indeed quite a strange action and the answers might well lie there.

Posted at the time of his appointment that I knew him, and that I felt he was too “nice” for that job there. He’s by no means a rabid. Celtic are his team of course, but he’s fairly level headed and not at all poisoned like many.
It's always the same over there mate, you need to be a certain level of horribly bitter or you don't stand a chance.

“Dom McKay is resigning. He’s unhappy with the influence Peter Lawwell still has and has mentioned this to DD. Lawwell has been tasked with finding potential DoF for interviews. McKay feels he should be the one reaching out to potential candidates but DD has told him PL will be doing this. McKay has took it upon himself to resign mainly due to this and also other issues going on in the background. Relationship between him and DD has completely broken down.”

The WhatsApp message doing the rounds for what it’s worth. Probably not far off the mark to be fair.
Was always there behind the curtain - hides out the road til the ghullibles buy there STs then - meet the new CEO, same as the old CEO.

“Dom McKay is resigning. He’s unhappy with the influence Peter Lawwell still has and has mentioned this to DD. Lawwell has been tasked with finding potential DoF for interviews. McKay feels he should be the one reaching out to potential candidates but DD has told him PL will be doing this. McKay has took it upon himself to resign mainly due to this and also other issues going on in the background. Relationship between him and DD has completely broken down.”

The WhatsApp message doing the rounds for what it’s worth. Probably not far off the mark to be fair.

Am going to choose to believe that!

Writing was on the wall when he turned up in the blue suit with the blue car

Could be anything. As an earlier poster has said, it may well be down to genuine 'personal reasons', such as health, and I for one also sincerely hope that this is not the case. Lawell was all powerful there and, as we all know, he also pulled the strings of his puppets at the SPFL and SFA. Maybe Peter has been trying to play the same trick with McKay in that he still wanted to be the main man at Parkhead but McKay was not for having it. The deletion of his twitter account though is indeed quite a strange action and the answers might well lie there.
If it was health Id have imagined he would have stepped aside for a period of time and not resigned. Depnds on what it may be of course but to resign and delete twitter seems strange. Just hope someone had harvested it before he deleted it.

I imagine his Twitter was deleted to avoid the abuse and threats he would no doubt receive from those in the unwashed hordes who are intelligent enough to use it.
I'm of the opinion he wasn't going to be a 'yes' man to DD and Liewell. A club like no other.....indeed.

This Dominic fella was probably overwhelmed by all the help that Pedro and his boy were giving him, making sure he felt at home and giving him the small tasks to do while they carried on regardless.

He’s probably gotten sick of Pedro taking charge when he shouldn’t be.

Pedro never left, just on paper.

Last edited:
Back