Dom McKay leaves Celtic

I genuinely think the guy walked in, had a swatch under the bonnet and was disgusted at what he found.
The illness thing sounds just like the tims playing the vicTIM card as usual to fend off scrutiny.
Why would that take you over two months to discover reality at the cesspit?

That's a big bonnet.

Regardless of the whats, why’s and wheres of this guy getting the bump, and I do believe that he’s probably been bagged because he can’t do his job with Pedro and his boy and Fritzs boy hanging around; regardless of all of that, this is a brilliant thing for us. Make no mistake, this will shatter their season, especially if Pedro takes the reins again.

Rangers need to take full advantage of this scenario, this is gold for us. More upheaval in a season of “transition”. This is a christmas, birthday and more Christmas presents all in one go.

BOOM

It is understood, however, that the reasons behind the departure came after what was regarded as an inauspicious impression in the opening months of McKay’s time in charge. The feeling within the club was that it would be best for all parties if ties were severed now rather than a continuation with an appointment that was deemed to have been an imperfect fit.

His opening press conference where him and Ange faced the fan media was hilarious. He couldn't give a straight forward answer to whether Celtic plan on getting a DoF in place and basically said Ange has a wealth of worldwide knowledge on players anyway so might not need one even though they got knocked back off Fergal Harkin. The Tims lapped it up as a "breath of fresh air" all because the new CEO faced the fans while totally ignoring the red flags and political answers he gave.

Don't hold any ill will against him at this point. Clearly something has gone wrong, whether he feels his position was untenable (I hope this is the case) or family illness. He steered the ship relatively well at SRU for 10+ years.
He awarded the piggery a major rugby cup final while Murrayfield was empty. Perhaps the salary he received from them was the reward.

BOOM

It is understood, however, that the reasons behind the departure came after what was regarded as an inauspicious impression in the opening months of McKay’s time in charge. The feeling within the club was that it would be best for all parties if ties were severed now rather than a continuation with an appointment that was deemed to have been an imperfect fit.

Not wanted, resign or you’re getting sacked basically.

Love the vagueness of the Personal reasons.

Could be something horrific like some major health issue (which we wouldn't wish on anyone) or it could have also been some sort of George Michael caught in the toilet scandal.

The truth must be known.

Daily Record - Go work your magic and get us the detail with all those high paid investigative sports journalists that scour the country for breaking sports stories in Scotland.................................. Sorry Never Mind, these boys are to busy going through 10 year old tweets.

Never mind, will just run with the George Michael Toilet scenario
Nobody on here will read it if it’s in the Daily Record.

He seems like a decent fellow but it looks as if he was being undermined by someone and didn't like it. Maybe his hand has been forced by DD who seems fine with everything at the piggery so long as he gets his big Divvy. The Aussie has had the Bravest man in Football foisted on him as well as Strachan's boy and has Strachan himself as an advisor. Perhaps it has been a Strachan too far for him. The court cases have been simmering away and will come to a full boil soon so, it seems like a good idea to jump before he was pushed or perhaps he jumped because the court cases about children being abused was too much for him to stomach. I would hope so too.

Seen this on twitter, not sure how accurate it will be, one thing, McKay answered a question at the first presser with the hordes about Strachan. He would not becoming in as DoF, but never actually answered that he would not be coming in at all.

E-8rol6WYAQQXgs

Seen this on twitter, not sure how accurate it will be, one thing, McKay answered a question at the first presser with the hordes about Strachan. He would not becoming in as DoF, but never actually answered that he would not be coming in at all.

E-8rol6WYAQQXgs
This is all too common sense and pragmatic.

Jelly & Ice Cream and all for me.

Let’s crush and humiliate these parasites into the ground

BOOM

The title discusses a “boardroom revolution” with no details as to any radical changes that would merit the word revolution.

Sometimes the most obvious answer is the answer.

Lawwell still hanging about like a bad smell, Strachan getting an 'advisory' role to the football department, Desmond allegedly meddling in football matters.

Not a chance any of the above is what McKay wanted.

Poor Alf. He'll be next. How long before wee Chesney is honoured to be Celtic manager again ?
He'll prob take the Dundee job the same day. SPL said it was fine.

Good job they’ve got dyed in the wool cel’ic men like the Portuguese bhoy Jota!
Spot on mate.They have been so lucky plucking these “always been a rheptile fan” players out the air.Some would think they are being economical with the truth again.My personal favourite was palo the nazi always going selic at subbuteo back in his parents flat in Rome.What a dream what a privilege to finally pull on the green and grey or back in the real world what horseshit.

See when they were drubbing Warburton and Caixhina shite I genuinely couldn't see a way out for us. What a turnaround. They're a mess. If what happened to us happened to them they wouldn't win the league for 50 years

Clearly they've gotten complacent and let the rot seep in at every level (more than was already there), thinking they'd never be challenged again and they could get all their mates onto the gravy train for years to come.

But as King predicted all it's take is one league title and all the useless cnts shoehorned into position through nepotism are scurrying like fck.

McKay probably had a peek under the hood, saw how grim it looked, and decided to jump as far and fast as he could.

Been reported earlier that his wife in late stage cancer. If so, very sad and wish him and his family all the very best.

if it is i hope she recovers
but the deletion of his twitter account at the same time suggest this isnt the reason

and i'm not buying the "not backed enough" argument - they've spent the most AGAIN and seem to still be a shambles

BOOM

This is absolutely f.ucking hilarious. These c.unts need a steady ship, they need continuity. McKay isn't some amateur in his first ever job and has been at the piggery for less than 100 days. There is absolutely no chance that this is the truth, if he was "asked to leave" then his severance package must be enormous, guys like him don't resign and give up all their potential earnings.

God I hope this never ends.

if it is i hope she recovers
but the deletion of his twitter account at the same time suggest this isnt the reason

and i'm not buying the "not backed enough" argument - they've spent the most AGAIN and seem to still be a shambles
Sincerely hope this isn’t the case.

If so it puts everything into perspective.

However I remember Geraldine’s ‘illness’ back in 2005 when O’Neill bailed the piggery so will take that rumour with some reserved cynicism for now

Major players behind the scenes?
What major players?

There only is McGregor and Forrest left?

These two don't seem like the sort to make any sort of waves?
Anyway, why would the CEO's activities impact the players?
What am I missing?

Clearly they've gotten complacent and let the rot seep in at every level (more than was already there), thinking they'd never be challenged again and they could get all their mates onto the gravy train for years to come.

But as King predicted all it's take is one league title and all the useless cnts shoehorned into position through nepotism are scurrying like fck.

McKay probably had a peek under the hood, saw how grim it looked, and decided to jump as far and fast as he could.
From a position of power over us that should have been insurmountable, well for at least another decade, they've blown it spectacularly. All we had to do was get a manager who installed belief and just chipped away and now they're at our feet. If roles were reversed I'd be apoplectic with rage at chucking all that away. They always say we let our club die, they're letting their club turn into our plaything when they had us at the end of a barrel. Truth is Rangers were just meant to be dominant in this country. It's the natural order of thing. Sure they'll win some leagues and get some wins against us, but they'll never fully topple us and that is what drives their insanity as they know it deep down.

I mean we were in the third division not long ago ffs. It's absolutely staggering the turnaround.

Regardless of the whats, why’s and wheres of this guy getting the bump, and I do believe that he’s probably been bagged because he can’t do his job with Pedro and his boy and Fritzs boy hanging around; regardless of all of that, this is a brilliant thing for us. Make no mistake, this will shatter their season, especially if Pedro takes the reins again.

Rangers need to take full advantage of this scenario, this is gold for us. More upheaval in a season of “transition”. This is a christmas, birthday and more Christmas presents all in one go.

You think this affects their play / results?

A rugby boy leaving a month into the season ?

I don't quite get that unless the guys that are left on the board are not Angeball fans is that what your thinking?

Major players behind the scenes?
What major players?

There only is McGregor and Forrest left?

These two don't seem like the sort to make any sort of waves?
Anyway, why would the CEO's activities impact the players?
What am I missing?

Could be ‘major players’ as in important voices in the boardroom rather than the playing staff presumably.

There will be as many cliques and old boys networks in there as there will be in the dressing room at most clubs, particularly where there are folk that have been in place for an extended period and see the new guy rocking up with his ‘ideas’ and ‘changes’.

This is absolutely f.ucking hilarious. These c.unts need a steady ship, they need continuity. McKay isn't some amateur in his first ever job and has been at the piggery for less than 100 days. There is absolutely no chance that this is the truth, if he was "asked to leave" then his severance package must be enormous, guys like him don't resign and give up all their potential earnings.

God I hope this never ends.
There is no danger he hasn’t walked away with a hefty package. How often do CEOs get a probation period written into their contracts? Highly unlikely because of their level. You’d be looking at a minimum of 6months pay to leave which won’t come cheap

Latest posts

Back