Dom McKay leaves Celtic

The reality of it is probably pretty simple. He’ll have been sold one thing when being in discussions about the job but when started he’ll have seen that he’s nothing more than a front for sneaky Pete to do what he’s done for years and has likely walked as a result.

This has NOTHING to so with the historic abuse at CBC.
DD is the main man who let's Lawwell run the show. Lawwell leaves and in comes a more sophisticated, less bitter version of Lawwell.
Lawwell is still in background and between him and DD, they decide that Strachan should have more control so he gets appointed. McKay is reluctant and fights against his appointment so DD and Lawwell bin him him.
Bring in a new CEO, a " team player=he'll do what he's told to do" and Lawwell retains control and Strachan gets to look important.
The should have brought in McKay and made Lawwell the DoF. Everyone happy and Lawwell controls the football side of things as he's always wanted.
Lawwell is DD's man. And he's been very good at it, because all you ever hear in Scottish football is Lawwell controls this, and Lawwell that, when in reality...

So this is what people need to realise. Why would Lawwell be moved to a position where he isn't still overseer of everything? Especially when there is clearly so much skulduggery at play over there. Makes no sense. This is also why I was surprised at McKays appointment in the first place. He clearly wasn't a full cult rabid. An attempt to look respectable? A patsy for the desizing and upcoming court cases etc? Either way, exactly what I expected to happen did. Lawwell didn't really leave. He was still there in the background. I mean he had to be. They couldn't risk this unknown outside entity having full control and access to everything until they determined if he was willing to suspend his integrity and 'toe the line' with their way of thinking and doing business.

He clearly wasn't as I suspected all along. The question now is, did he allow his mouth to be clamped with a bag of cash and an NDA? Or, as I hoped when he walked in the door, do we now potentially have someone who could crack them open completely from the inside?

Last edited:
Glorious stuff, the board weren't ready for the "upheaval" required to modernise the club and wanted to go back to the old way of doing things and thrust Strachan in as he knows the club.

They've well and truly fucked their biggest hire in many a year, Liewell will be pulling the strings, the new guy is simply a yes man, he was Club Secretary until 2019 and has zero qualifications. All the old guard with exception of Manager will continue to run them like the 90's club they are and continue to haemorrhage money.

Last edited:
The reality of it is probably pretty simple. He’ll have been sold one thing when being in discussions about the job but when started he’ll have seen that he’s nothing more than a front for sneaky Pete to do what he’s done for years and has likely walked as a result.
It's a lot of cash to pay for a front. Incompatible with how Celtic go about their business should cover every decent CEO on the planet.

He took on a high-pressure job 10 weeks ago knowing that his wife was in late-stage cancer and would have to resign pretty much imminently?

Use your brain eh.
It’s obviously not that as has been widely reported.

But just because you are in late stage cancer doesn’t mean you’ve known the whole time does it?

In summary you’re both fanny’s:D

muJEa4F.png

All that's missing is the wooden stake through his heart.

There is a lot of briefing going on by Celtic's spin team.

Desmond has an influence at Parkhead that goes a long way beyond his shareholding - he's not the owner, but he has a tight grasp on what goes on.

It's also worth noting that, whilst Lawwell has resigned from most of his Celtic appointments, he remains a Director of the dormant 'Football and Athletic Company Ltd' (The infamous former Pacific Shelf that was used to keep the 'old' name in their possession)

look if his wife is ill hope she recovers soon not a nice thing to have. read a bit that reading between the lines angie ball was not happy with hin so could be more in it.

Desmond has an influence at Parkhead that goes a long way beyond his shareholding - he's not the owner, but he has a tight grasp on what goes on.
He has all the power and I don’t think Dim would’ve been happy with the reports of him stepping in to sort out transfers when he was just in the door. They’ll give this stand in guy the job permanently because he’ll tow the line. A new guy with new ideas is not welcome.

It's the same con Denis O'Brien and Dermot Desmond successfully ran when in control of INM in Ireland.

Own under 35% individually but collectively over 66%, collude together on everything, claim you aren't subject to ownership laws as you aren't a majority owner and have Shifty McGifty as Chairman and on top of the PR.

He took on a high-pressure job 10 weeks ago knowing that his wife was in late-stage cancer and would have to resign pretty much imminently?

Use your brain eh.

Hate to admit it but as many of us know cancer can spread very rapidly

I have never been ITK but below is information I received this evening from a bullet proof source - make of it what you will. FYI it has been slightly censored to avoid identities being revealed for obvious commercial reasons and I note it's vagueness. I have PM'd Mark my source,

'It turns out Dom Mckay is wanting to litigate against Celtic for some reason (no idea on the specifics) he is seeking advice from Axiom Advocates but many within the set haven't yet been briefed on the reason why. So I don’t buy the “personal reasons” pish, Axiom are not cheap, he's clearly unhappy about something'

It should be noted that instructing an Advocate is expensive even for guidance or correspondence, I suspect any issue may well be settled behind closed doors to avoid another shark like disaster, however what is pertinent is that all is not rosy in the stadium of secrets.

Last edited:
Back