It's mental down at Newcastle v Spurs today

Seemed like an age before the guy appeared with the defibrillator.
Yes. I knew straight away they were asking for 1 of the doctors assistance and they were sitting looking at each other. Bizarre

Reactions: Moz
Can’t even pretend to like Newcastle fans. Possibly the most delusional support in football that believe for no good reason they’re owed the world

Yes. I knew straight away they were asking for 1 of the doctors assistance and they were sitting looking at each other. Bizarre
I strongly suspect that the team medics are not at all expecting to have to jump into situations in the stands. Not saying they shouldn't, but I would imagine they would be focused on the playing staff and would assume that stadium first aid staff would be the people responding initially. Probably just took a few moments to register what was happening / get clear comms.

Reactions: VGM
Can sign players for 50m and pay them hundreds of thousands a week

Dont have a defib on each stand

Defibs aren't even that expensive anymore, fairly came down in price over the years.

Have pressed my boss on fitting out our vans with them, if he doesn't I'll buy one myself.

Ginola was wrong about the Defib, they are easy to use and are designed for a novice to use, they actually tell you what to do and guide you through it, its the confidence to use it that is the difficult bit.
Exactly right. I'm not sure asking a potentially emotional Ginola for information was the correct thing to do.

The defibs are incredible. A step by step voice recording of where to put them, how to use them etc.

Absolutely anyone can use them. More people need to know where you find them as well.

For example, most, if not all supermarkets will have one.

Ginola said he was dead for 12 minutes!

Had 3 broken ribs from compression

Sounds better news there that the person has stabilised and on the way to hospital. A far cry from the 60s with white hankies being waved in the terracing trying to get a medic into the crowd.

Hope the fan is all right.

Fair play to the spurs players who took more control than the medics.
Glad to hear they've stabilised the person and taken off to hospital.

The other part of your comment is way off the mark though. The stadium has first aiders, ambulance staff and at least one doctor on duty to look after the crowd. The team doctors are not primarily there to look after the fans.

The co-commentator said it's nice to see him stop the play to help. As you worry if the players care about the fans, especially away fans.

Utterly bizarre stuff to come out with. Maybe he was just filling the silence :oops:
Yeah I just mentioned in another thread I thought that was in poor taste that comment.

The players aren't robots, of course they care in situations like this ffs.

Newcastle United supporter's not singing their song yet for the new era and new owners, 'The Bleeding Races'.

Back