£25 for Legia at home

How much for the likes of Kilmarnock, Motherwell etc away?
Genuine question as I no longer go to away games and havent for some time

The club need to be careful with pricing, it wasn't that long ago we were not filling the stadium for CL games because of it.

I think that’s a great price. We need to realise that where we are, getting to the group stage is not a God given right. This is a massive game and good value at £25.

I imagine the group stage games will be priced at the same level as last season. It’s hefty but the club know we will sell out and we can’t pass up cash.

I’d like to see lower prices but we can only afford it if we sort out our commercial revenue - that’s my only criticism of the Board - not the prices in our current situation.

I’m sure it was £115 last season for Season ticket holders.
BNZPvOzx.jpg

Being loyal doesn't give the club the right to rip us off though.

How are the club ‘ripping us off’?

As far as I can tell your basis for that is comparing prices with Them, which as I said is a flawed comparison.

In the modern game £35 for a European Group Stage game against potentially pretty decent opposition isn’t ridiculous when you look at league game prices against garbage like St Mirren.

Comparisons with other clubs don’t really hold up. It’s supply and demand, Celtic Chelsea and Arsenal will all be pricing in the basis that fans are pissed off they aren’t in the champions league and they need to try and get punters in. Our board are looking at it as our first foray into the group stages in Europe since 2010 and know tickets would be in high demand. We have to be run like a business to maximise our revenues, on occasion that means we have to dig deep but at least the money is going to Rangers here

As far as I can tell your basis for that is comparing prices with Them, which as I said is a flawed comparison.

In the modern game £35 for a European Group Stage game against potentially pretty decent opposition isn’t ridiculous when you look at league game prices against garbage like St Mirren.

I agree that the league prices are too high, especially considering the shite opposition. As a non ST holder the prices have went up 10% for 2 years in a row, and a Europa League group ticket cost me £40 last year. It's not just comparing to 'them', I posted a comparison against all the UK teams in the groups stages last year and we were the highest by quite some distance.

The board cashed in last year. Fair enough. The fans should be given a better deal this year.

I guess it depends on personal circumstances. I'll just be delighted if we reach the Group Stages once more.

Given where we have been in recent seasons and how the current Board and other investors have responded I'm only too willing, as most want to do, to support the Club.

I don’t think we sold out our Europa games last year. There was tickets available for every game I’m sure.

Reactions: VGM
Last year was £105.This competition is a money making exercise for us.The more games we get the more money goes into the club.

If we qualify and get a big EPL team in the group stages I reckon it'll be about £40 for non-St holders.

I agree that the league prices are too high, especially considering the shite opposition. As a non ST holder the prices have went up 10% for 2 years in a row, and a Europa League group ticket cost me £40 last year. It's not just comparing to 'them', I posted a comparison against all the UK teams in the groups stages last year and we were the highest by quite some distance.

Adding Chelsea and Arsenal into the mix has no bearing on things either though. Like Celtic, their fans have no interest in the EL having got used to CL games and seeing it as beneath them.

Also, the English teams don't rely on gate receipts to function in the manner we do. It's a pointless comparison.

So you're happy to pay £30 per ticket but will cancel your CCCS if it goes to £34 per ticket?

He's well within his rights to do so. Doesn't mean it's overpriced all the same and going on last years games, someone will be happy to pay it.

Well other U.K. teams (England) routinely charge £50+ for league games so I think we are probably on the right side of that comparison.

I understand people have their own financial situation, but the Club is a business at the end of the day and will look to maximise both attendance and revenue, other clubs will do exactly the same which may come out at a different number in terms of ticket pricing.

Tickets should be priced at the absolute maximum they can be without impacting on sales - think the three games last year all just sold out, which suggests the balance was perfect.

I think what annoyed most people was the fact that the tims were charging £24 per ticket and we were charging £35 (£39 for non ST holders) for the group games. When you can make comparisons like that then you can't help but feel ripped off.
They charged ST holders £72 for the 3, we charged £105.
Aye, that's exactly what my post said, we charged £105 and they (the tims) charged £72 :D
If you want to compare with them, feel free. But if they were free entry to the crime scene, we would still not be getting ripped off.

Go watch them in their cesspit if it bugs you that much, simple :))

I think it should be a £1 plus VAT because after all we have supported through the years by buying ST and they owe us big time, We are entitled Blah Blah Blah.
moan moan moan
Calm down.
I said it should have been £30 last night and the next round as well, as i thought £21 was too cheap. Did i say entitled , blah , blah.

Adding Chelsea and Arsenal into the mix has no bearing on things either though. Like Celtic, their fans have no interest in the EL having got used to CL games and seeing it as beneath them.

Also, the English teams don't rely on gate receipts to function in the manner we do. It's a pointless comparison.
Really ? they have qualified twice out the last six years and one of them was Legia Warsaw
Used to being humiliated? they hardly sold out a game

If you want to compare with them, feel free. But if they were free entry to the crime scene, we would still not be getting ripped off.

Go watch them in their cesspit if it bugs you that much, simple :))

Apologies mate, I didn't realise I wasn't allowed to complain about pricing. I hope to see you digging up anyone who complains about the price of pies.

Latest posts

Back