£25 for Legia at home

Its very hard to determine the right price that keeps everyone happy.
The club has big overheads and little in the way of TV income or large fees for players moving on.
That should change when we start winning cups etc

There was. Tickets available for all 3 games on the day.

I had a look back at our crowds for those games. Out of a possible 152,451 tickets, we sold 146,773. That’s before you take segregation into account. From a business point of view, the club got it pretty much spot on.
Having said that, I can see why folk would decide not to go, it’s a big outlay, especially if you have a couple of kids that you take. This will be on top of the 4 qualifying games and 4 home friendlies we have already played.

Really ? they have qualified twice out the last six years and one of them was Legia Warsaw
Used to being humiliated? they hardly sold out a game

Yeah, really. I'm not saying it's sensible or even right from their fans in terms of attitude but Celtic knew (shocker) that their fans weren't going to wear anywhere near the prices they'd have charged for the CL for EL group games. It was an apology price from them to placate the hoardes.

I'm paying to see The Rangers and after the last seven years, more than happy to pay it
Aw well good luck to you. Most people have just paid off their season ticket, 4 qualifiers and then come the group stages. I can afford it, but the club absolutely ripped the piss with the pricing last year. If it's the same prices this year, there will be a seat available in the Copland.

I had a look back at our crowds for those games. Out of a possible 152,451 tickets, we sold 146,773. That’s before you take segregation into account. From a business point of view, the club got it pretty much spot on.
Having said that, I can see why folk would decide not to go, it’s a big outlay, especially if you have a couple of kids that you take. This will be on top of the 4 qualifying games and 4 home friendlies we have already played.
It's understandable that some people would find it a stretch, been in that position myself on more than one occasion. But the Club can't look at individual circumstances but rightly do what is best for us as a Club.

Apologies mate, I didn't realise I wasn't allowed to complain about pricing. I hope to see you digging up anyone who complains about the price of pies.

You can complain all you want and it was done to death on the forum last year when the group prices were announced.

What I'd say is that based on the ticket sales (even if there were a couple of hundred left unsold by KO in each game) they got the price bang on to maximise the profits and attendance together.

Last year was our first year back in the group stages, so there was a lot of euphoria associated with that which led to high demand (and in my opinion the club over exploited that). People might not be so excited this year.

Aw well good luck to you. Most people have just paid off their season ticket, 4 qualifiers and then come the group stages. I can afford it, but the club absolutely ripped the piss with the pricing last year. If it's the same prices this year, there will be a seat available in the Copland.
Fair enough, your choice. Everyone of us has had to pay the same as yourself

They are getting the usual corner plus BF5 and BF4
Why would we give them that amount of tickets, that's a terrible decision by Rangers. They are noisy bastards, our support will need to be st the top of their game if this is the case.

Why would we give them that amount of tickets, that's a terrible decision by Rangers. They are noisy bastards, our support will need to be st the top of their game if this is the case.

It’s nothing to do with Rangers, they are entitled to 5% of the stadium capacity under UEFA rules.

With the support the board has given the current and previous manager I really don't think the pricing can be criticised.

The Web sales fee on the other hand does my head in.

Everyone's circumstances and finances are different. If you think it's too dear or can't afford it, then the simple answer is don't buy the tickets.

If people can't afford it then I don't know why they would sign up to something like the CCCS.

Last year was our first year back in the group stages, so there was a lot of euphoria associated with that which led to high demand (and in my opinion the club over exploited that). People might not be so excited this year.

The crowds for the qualifiers doesn’t suggest demand will be less, in fact, quite the opposite.

They'll be 19 times the amount of Rangers fans as there are Legia. If we can't outsing them then there's something wrong.

Everyone's circumstances and finances are different. If you think it's too dear or can't afford it, then the simple answer is don't buy the tickets.

If people can't afford it then I don't know why they would sign up to something like the CCCS.
What about people who can afford it but think they're too dear, they allowed to express that opinion?

At what price are we allowed to start getting critical at? £50 a game? £60?

They'll be 19 times the amount of Rangers fans as there are Legia. If we can't outsing them then there's something wrong.
That's why I'm saying we will need to be at the top of our game mate. We are a sight to behold in full voice , but sometimes we rest on our laurels. This is going to be a tough game over 2 legs, I expect us to go through by the odd goal but our team will need us.

Not always about being able to afford it. For me anyway, I’m wanting value for my cash.

I think £40 for a Europa game is over priced. Others think differently. Fair enough.

What about people who can afford it but think they're too dear, they allowed to express that opinion?

As I said in my post, if you think they're too dear then you have the right not to buy the tickets.

Not always about being able to afford it. For me anyway, I’m wanting value for my cash.

I think £40 for a Europa game is over priced. Others think differently. Fair enough.
If we are comparing 40 quid for Rangers v Arsenal (for example) to 37 for Rangers v Hibs then I think the Europa price is fair.

If we are comparing 40 quid for Rangers v Arsenal (for example) to 37 for Rangers v Hibs then I think the Europa price is fair.

The £37 you have quoted is for the top seats in the stadium. There’s cheaper tickets available I think.

40 quid is a blanket price for EL groups.

£19 and £21 is great value though, but if you're being asked to fork out £40 then people might think twice.

If we drew teams like Wolves, PSV, Villarreal etc in a group, those tickets would be snapped up at £40 a game.

It will, of course, depend on any draw, IF we get there.

On the general point, £25 for the last play off qualifier is perfectly reasonable. To bring some perspective, the Foo Fighters are £83 for tomorrow night.

As has been said already, if people think the prices are wrong, don't buy a ticket, but I'm happy to go out on what I consider to be an almost sure thing limb here and speculate that we'll virtually fill the stadium every home game if we're lucky enough to qualify for the groups.

£19 and £21 is great value though, but if you're being asked to fork out £40 then people might think twice.

I get that mate, I can’t blame people for prioritising at those prices, or any prices for that matter. Sometimes the extra outlay just isn’t possible.

I get that not everybody can afford it but you’ll spend nearly as much in the pub watching it.

The £37 you have quoted is for the top seats in the stadium. There’s cheaper tickets available I think.

40 quid is a blanket price for EL groups.
Yeah it's for the club deck but for a non ST holder like me it's pretty much the only choice when it comes to individual tickets, that's why I used that figure.

It was £40 last year and it sold out.

Why should it be £30?

That would lose the club £1.5m that we can't afford to pass up.

I find parts of this thread beyond belief to be honest.

The club should throw away 2 million quid.
Selling tickets for a game in under 2 weeks, and taking money off folk who ticked a box saying, take my money and send me all tickets - is ridiculous apparently.

Then we have interesting comparisons on price?
I'd be interested in the comparison of turnover. Or the comparison of attendances? Comparison of expectation? Maybe even a Comparison of money gifted to the club by the owner or major shareholder over the last 5 years? Or the owner net worth comparison?

A comparison with teams in some other countries who will literally charge as much as possible as long as they are getting close to a sell out.

Then you have bears moaning about the price to go to Ibrox and spending a grand for a weekend away to watch some euro super power.
If I could choose any 2 teams in the world to watch this Sunday, from any era, it would be East Fife v Rangers!

I could see the point if Dave King was pocketing the cash and we were handing out big Desmondesque bonuses and selling our stars.

Bit of a rant but can't really get my head around the moaning about RTV, match tickets and all that jazz.

£25 for a final European qualification game is good value.

At the weekend, Hibs tickets were circa £40.

Back