£40 - £60m required to get us back in the game.

No chance. Ibrox needs £5-£10m spent in it straight away. Two midfielders and two centre halves at £5m each.
Nobody spends £5m on a player up here anymore yet alone 4 Players at £5m a pop.

£2m is what we need. Per year. For a new manager.

Plus a transfer kitty of about £10m.
10 million wont get us close to Celtic. I think you need to double that to have any chance and even then it would be slim. They have better players in every position! Lets not kid ourselves on... Could we find better players for every postion for 10-20 million? Plus we need to find a better manager than Brenda?!?!

another new member with another ridiculous post ..
Youcould complain about him? Try get him a ban?
Maybe we could draw up some guidelines for new members on how to be a bullies minion without drawing too much attention to themselves before they have 500 posts?
For what it's worth the OP is complete horse poo in my opinion. And that would be the case irregardless of his post count.
But I'm hesitant to say as much as I don't know if I have enough posts to meet your approval.

10 minutes before the game at Ibrox only 1 Celtic player at a push would have got into an "Old Firm" select with the vocal majority on here in agreement.
Now they have better players in EVERY position we read on every thread on the subject.

I suggest the truth is probably somewhere in the middle and a proven manager will show that to be the case with a limited single figure million budget for the new season.

We are gonna loose maybe 11-12 players in a summer clear out. And you think 10 million is enough to replace all them with the quality that we need to stop the filth from 10 inar. Cmon man ffs get a grip we need close to 30 million invested in the playing squad to add qualit additions in every area of the pitch. Cause some of these player just dont cut it.

It’s not as much as that required. Get your managerial appointment right and that’s half the battle.

The last 2 old firm games have taught me one thing. Yes we are a fair bit behind them. Us on a good day & them not playing great and they are beatable. (3-2 game IMO shows this, we weren’t great that day but that game could have swung in our direction quite easily).

But then days like Sunday, when they play well and it’s us that don’t turn up, and we can see what happens.

We have some good players, who under the right leadership & perhaps a little more preparation mentally, could be contributors to a team capable of going head to head with them.

A fair portion of their team just now were part of Delilah’s duds, don’t forget that.

We are gonna loose maybe 11-12 players in a summer clear out. And you think 10 million is enough to replace all them with the quality that we need to stop the filth from 10 inar. Cmon man ffs get a grip we need close to 30 million invested in the playing squad to add qualit additions in every area of the pitch. Cause some of these player just dont cut it.

Nah not buying that. We don't need £30m to win the SPL ffs.

Youcould complain about him? Try get him a ban?
Maybe we could draw up some guidelines for new members on how to be a bullies minion without drawing too much attention to themselves before they have 500 posts?
For what it's worth the OP is complete horse poo in my opinion. And that would be the case irregardless of his post count.
But I'm hesitant to say as much as I don't know if I have enough posts to meet your approval.
Not at all mate but sometimes you can see it a mile off, and if you’ve read any of my posts before you would know I’m Far from a bully

I think it is. 2 quality centre backs, a proper defensive midfielder and a striker. Plus a decent manager would have us competing properly for first place.

Build from the back.

A goalkeeper and 2 CBs will see us a much better side.

Ryan Jack coming back in will also improve us.

We could do with more options going forward but at times this season we have actually looked great going forward. We are not as far away overall as it appears but if you can't defend, you won't win... simple.

The fact we are in second, got to 2 semi finals, all under two of the worst managers ever and a bunch of s****bags makes me think we only need a decent manager and a few improved players.
40-60million though, if done right and not putting us under again, that would be class!

It reminds me of when PLG was here. We thought similar. In actuality it just took someone to get the players playing better.

Same with when Advocaat lost the dressing room. McLeish won two trophies by merely making the team play together.

Truth be told the club don't deserve us as fans at the minute. It can change quickly and they'd better otherwise our problems will run a lot deeper.

We aren't aliens in the football world, we just have higher expectations than every other team and with that we need to take this on the chin and do whatever it takes to get back on top.

Big investments like this are a pipe dream. To get back to the top we will need to do it the old fashioned way, that being good recruitment at all levels of the club.

Ludicrous amount to be honest, we need a manager, a good one, some quality additions and we won't be far away, this side is capable of winning away to Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen, drawing at the Piggery. It wasn't so long ago we were confident of drawing level with the mhanks.

Consistency and beating the dross is our problem, a good manager rectifies that immediately.

And Rogics wages over a three year period?

Much less than what a £5m valued player would be for a start.

Anyway, that's not point I was making. You said we need to spend £5m on players. the value of a player entirely depends where you sign them from. There's players out there that you can get at a fraction of the £5m you mentioned.

Correct. As an example, Burnley haven't spent anything like £40m - £60m, but they're sitting 7th in the Premier League, 2 points behind Arsenal. Why? Quite simply, they have a manager with a clear plan, who brings players in he knows can implement it.

We saw enough immediately after the winter break to suggest we just might have the core of a decent team for the league we are in. A good manager has to be the absolute priority, with 3, 4 maybe 5 signings to go straight into the first team and we should be able to compete. Clarke (and I'm not touting him for the job) has made Killie competitive on an absolute pittance. £40m - £60m is pie in the sky nonsense.

Their starting lineup from Sunday - transfer fees (roughly)

Gordon - free
Lustig - free
Ajer - (up to) £650k
Boyata - £1.5m
Simunovic - £3m
Tierney - free
Ntcham - £4m
Brown - £4.4m
McGregor - free
Forrest - free
Rogic - £500k
Dembele - free (£500k compo to Fulham)

They haven’t spent £40m-£60m on their squad so why do we need to pay that much to overtake them?

I'd rather spend a good chunk of our money on a manager who can really get the best out of individuals more than anything. We keep having the mentality of spend spend spend on players but never look to actually spend anything of the sort on a great manager.

If we don’t get our act together the filth will rack up a consecutive titles record that probably won’t be beaten

People forget that their team on Sunday had 8 of the starters who got the run around 2 years before. Bring in Ajer,Dembele and Nitchum +Brenda. A good coach gets a big difference. Did we think we were that far behind them after the last 2 matches ? When we play against an organised team we struggle and that's because the opposition coach makes them difficult to play against.
We are easy to play against. My biggest concern is that within 2 minutes of Sunday, the crowd knew we were not at the races. 2 MINUTES and we were lost.

£60m is what championship teams spend to stay in the premier league, this is a ridiculous thing to say.

We need a new manager and I'd say about £15m

Panty wetting pish.

We need our DoF to come good with cheap, but competent players from places like Scandinavia, Africa & Europe.

2 solid CB transform our team. Players like Morelos might leave, but for a fee and are replaceable.

40 million......... :rolleyes:

Their starting lineup from Sunday - transfer fees (roughly)

Gordon - free
Lustig - free
Ajer - (up to) £650k
Boyata - £1.5m
Simunovic - £3m
Tierney - free
Ntcham - £4m
Brown - £4.4m
McGregor - free
Forrest - free
Rogic - £500k
Dembele - free (£500k compo to Fulham)

They haven’t spent £40m-£60m on their squad so why do we need to pay that much to overtake them?

That's a good point but neglects to take into account they have a yearly wage bill of 38'000'000 compared to our of 17'000'000.

40-60 is obviously silly talk , but when you consider wages , signing on fees, agents and obviously transfer cash , 10-30 is probably a realistic figure.

Panty wetting pish.

We need our DoF to come good with cheap, but competent players from places like Scandinavia, Africa & Europe.

2 solid CB transform our team. Players like Morelos might leave, but for a fee and are replaceable.

40 million......... :rolleyes:

Finding those gems is hard , every club big ans small is combing over those area desperate for the next cheap star , we completely lucked out with Morelos.

A lot of people don't understand how modern scouting works and I've talked about this before , but there are agencies out there that work in these regions , they have comprehensive databases full of reports on every player including things like personality reports , videos of games including personal analysis etc. These packages are sold to clubs as job lots or in depth reports can be provided upon request.

All the top clubs in all the top league use these and have them available, scouting is done guys sitting ( initially at least) on rooms watching videos on laptops and reading reports on passing percentages and distances run per game etc. So to get back to my point , everyone has these resources available to them if they pay , there are very few genuine hidden talents sitting in backwater leagues just waiting to be picked up and sold for millions and it's a very risky way to run your club recruitment , especially a club like ours where every transfer has to count.

Last edited:
Christ the figures and arguments are all over the the shop, confusing fee to get, and wages.

£2m a year for manager? We getting Ally back?

As a one off influx of cash, OP might not be far off the mark, if you take it over say 4 years.

Our income ain't going up that much being back in Europe, spHell don't have a lucrative TV deal in the offing (putting TV rights in clubs hands would see us okay, tho the scum would benefit too. The sheep would suffer and never recover).

But that amount of readies in one go would only be by a share issue, no sugar daddy.

If only we could get back to being out of public ownership, that's where the sharks dwell.

Euro millions please. Please.

Drama queen figures .
Its the SPL in Scotland against clogger's and journeymen.
A decent manager will have the team playing.

Rodgers is winning the league with pretty much of all of Deila's duds. We don't need much more cash invested, just an experienced manager who can push the players to get the best out of them and a couple of centre halves.

Exactly.. It just shows you what the right manager can achieve.

You must be talking dembele dollars there OP??

They fuckin rhotten mob are not a good team, I repeat they're f*ckin bang average!

In the context of the league they're the benchmark and are on course to finish 15 points ahead of us providing we both maintain our points average ( given our form and off field troubles and the tough away fixtures we have it's likely to be more).

We can pretend we are close all we want but we need to buy players worth an extra 20 odd points season if we want to win the league.

Back