150th Anniversary - Weekend of Legends - March 2022

£22 is a good price when you take into account the cost of hosting the match and the charitable donation.

If you don't want to pay £22 then don't go, no-one is forcing you.

I'll go for the MyGers points.

Be good to see some of our old players returning too.

I don't have an issue with the price but do have an issue with the timing. We've all just missed out on attending a league game we paid for, with the very real prospect of missing out on many more games in the near future. Add to that, I now have a ticket for the B Team Old Firm game but don't know when it will be played - probably a random weekday in February when I can't attend, instead of the Hogmanay game I initially signed up for.

The COVID lockdown isn't the club's fault, but the timing of this announcement is. The club have spectacularly failed to read the room here by asking us to pay for a legends game, 2 months in advance, when fans are hurting from being locked out of important games right now - surely this announcement could have waited? I'll buy the ticket but just can't get excited about the game at all.

Some absolute moaning tight bassas in here. Kevin bridges-40 quid, def leppard-80 quid 3 years ago, no far off a fiver a pint these days ffs. 23.5 million quid losses, wtf are yiz no understanding?
And with the prospect of the Dortmund game being played with limited restrictions then that’s a couple of million down in gate receipts.

People want a winning team, new signings, better contracts for existing players, a solvent club and 1990’s ticket prices.

Liverpool Legends vs Barca Legends on the same weekend is £27 for an adult, £17 for concession and £7 for juniors. The players in our match look more glamorous too

If that's correct, it shows some people just couldn't wait to get a moan in

Don’t see the point in moaning about pricing. If it’s too dear for you don’t go, someone else will.

Would be a different story if it was an email offering a ticket for an old firm for £50 though.

The concept of having such a match rather than a ''glamour friendly makes eminent sense under the current climate. We could have invited a big name club with the very real risk of a late call off. This way individual call offs can probably be covered. To those who say it's overpriced, you don't have to go, but I'll be astonished if it's not a sell out.
Dont have to go but want to go, £22 to go and watch a legends match is expensive. £15 would have been perfect, £20 for an adult and kid would be great value. Let's not forget we constantly put our hands in our pockets to find the club

Price is right for me!

You think all they names are coming to play for free? :))

pjimage-2-2.jpg

Wonder how much 5 stars are making out of this. £22 is steep for a legends match but I’m a mug and I’ll pay it no doubt
I think it’s not just paying £22 to go and watch a legends match it’s to attend another celebration of our 150th anniversary. I personally think it is reasonable plus they are letting kids in for a fiver.

Apart from Figo, Hagi, Pires and Carlos what Legends will play? What is the full squad?

otherwise good event. Good game continuing our celebrations for or anniversary.

As an aside- does anyone know if the club have made contact regarding a refund to those who purchased any individual tickets over and above season tickets for ST Mirren game - I ordered 2 tickets from supporters club who managed to obtain match tickets with 2 QR CODES in the name of another MyGers member who bought before public sale- will these 2 tickets be refunded

Last edited:
Says corp season ticket holders will be able to buy their ticket today. Except they cant and they haven’t emailed us about it.

Last edited:
Apart from Figo, Hagi, Pires and Carlos what Legends will play? What is the full squad?

otherwise good event. Good game continuing our celebrations for or anniversary.
Makaay is playing for them.

Should ask Gerrard... might sell out for people wishing to tell him what they think of his departure

A great opportunity for younger fans to see some world, as well as Rangers legends.

Just wait for the Castore ‘Weekend of Legends’ range to come out….:))

Going to be brilliant seeing Jelavić again at Ibrox. He never got a proper farewell from the support.

They’ll be folk buying it for the 5 MyGers points, it’s dividing our support.

AC Milan was the only game I attended with my dad and my oldest son. I always get a bit emotional when I hear the Paisley Road West song as it makes me think about that day.

Will be good to see some of those legends play at Ibrox for the last time probably.

Was that the 3-3 friendly, mate. ?

The people moaning about the price but saying they will buy for the Mygers points are just illustrating exactly why Mygers was brought in.

People moaning about pricing have you seen the state of our finances? Any additional income is well needed especially the way our poxy government are working.

Back