Aaron Ramsey off, Joe Aribo left on.

Ramsay clearly can't play the full game. Aribo, who is out of form was left on with the hope that he might create something. Don't agree with it, but can understand the idea.

Aribo was one paced from the off - I have never seen a player so off the pace right from the start.

He should have been subbed at HT along with Roofe - who clearly wasn't working up top.

Arfield offered nothing - he simply run about a bit with absolutely no composure whatsoever.

Aribo has the heart of a mouse. The guy clearly has no confidence just now and needs a few weeks out of the first 11. Ramsey was good today and they substitutions killed our momentum.

Mind boggling, Ramsey was the only one I thought could make anything happen and Arfield comes on to play quarterback.

Both needed hooked.

Ramsey was towing a caravan chasing back.

When on the front foot, he was good. He couldn’t live with McGregor going back. It cut us open at the first and a few times after that.

Bringing him off was absolutely the correct decision.

We controlled the midfield much better without him, but we’re toothless up top.
We controlled the possession better because we tried to push futher up the field nothing to do with Ramsey departing. If we had employed this with Ramsey on I think he would have had more hope of scoring or creating.

We controlled the possession better because we tried to push futher up the field nothing to do with Ramsey departing. If we had employed this with Ramsey on I think he would have had more hope of scoring or creating.

Disagree.

Goal aside, I thought he was very poor today. It’s no surprise to me that we regained the middle of the park without him, we were just too toothless to make anything of it.

I can only assume that Aribo was so good at hide-and-seek today that the manager forgot he was on the pitch.

Ramsey looked flogged, we needed to put played ahead of Aribo

Our lack of pace is a serious problem, can see why it’s tough to manage around given how Gio wants to play it’s about the only sympathy I have with him

Seriously? Ramsay was hanging after 30 mins. Yes he's brilliant when he has time to get in position, but %^*& me, nobody had that time today.

Scattergun thread.
Totally agree. He was visibly tired before half time and I thought he might not have come back out. Regardless of the decision to keep Aribo on, Ramsey had to come off.

Even knackered Ramsey was still the best player on the park. He was our main threat from midfield. Our only threat infact. The league was on the line, I couldn't give %^*& if he was tired

Don’t know what to tell you if you genuinely believe Ramsey was the best player on the park while on today. He didn’t get near Rogic for instance - but then none of our midfield did.

Listen, while he was on the pitch we did certain things well - particularly press their backline and force errors.

The one thing we did not to, was win the battle in central midfield. We were actually much better there once the changes were made.

I knew before I came on here there would be strong opinions about how well Ramsey played. Laughable fanboyism when the game absolutely passed him by, he made little positive contribution and wasted some great opportunities and couldn't give any cover. For a so-called box to box midfielder he currently has no legs.
We all loved the goal but he and the team didn't build on it.

Not sticking up for Aribo he was under pressure to deliver today and didn't show up but he could still run.

Gio got the big calls wrong today and it was as predictable as it was sad-lack of pace, Roofe isolated and a disjointed formation-they ran through the midfield for fun at times or just passed straight through it.......

Back