Aaron Ramsey off, Joe Aribo left on.

I knew before I came on here there would be strong opinions about how well Ramsey played. Laughable fanboyism when the game absolutely passed him by, he made little positive contribution and wasted some great opportunities and couldn't give any cover. For a so-called box to box midfielder he currently has no legs.
We all loved the goal but he and the team didn't build on it.

Not sticking up for Aribo he was under pressure to deliver today and didn't show up but he could still run.

Gio got the big calls wrong today and it was as predictable as it was sad-lack of pace, Roofe isolated and a disjointed formation-they ran through the midfield for fun at times or just passed straight through it.......

Fanboyism is exactly what it is. People so desperate to be proven correct in their calls to start him, that they’re willing to defend him even when he was mostly anonymous, and clearly knackered when brought off (correctly).

Listen, if Ramsay isn’t fit now, he never will be, and shouldn’t be starting in games like this. If he is fit, then he’s simply not that good.

Aribo was the one that should have been hooked.

To take both Ramsey and Jack off… could not understand that!

Outrageous decision Ramsey was still creating things and finding a Rangers man, often the player receiving such as Roofe fucking up when receiving though.

Ramsey was our biggest threat til he came off and Aribo did less than I did today.

Looks exhausted, should sell aribo in summer, don't think his heads with us anymore, we need a squad overhaul.

Fanboyism is exactly what it is. People so desperate to be proven correct in their calls to start him, that they’re willing to defend him even when he was mostly anonymous, and clearly knackered when brought off (correctly).

Listen, if Ramsay isn’t fit now, he never will be, and shouldn’t be starting in games like this. If he is fit, then he’s simply not that good.

The manager is closest to it....he made the call. He hasn't the legs for a game like this as some of us predicted-it left a hole in the midfield and he didn't really get close to supporting Roofe.

We signed a guy who hasn't played since October and it has showed-you will burn out in these games if you haven't got the fitness built in-people getting excited about a slight cameo versus Dundee and apparently a good game for Wales....it was nowhere near enough

The manager is closest to it....he made the call. He hasn't the legs for a game like this as some of us predicted-it left a hole in the midfield and he didn't really get close to supporting Roofe.

We signed a guy who hasn't played since October and it has showed-you will burn out in these games if you haven't got the fitness built in-people getting excited about a slight cameo versus Dundee and apparently a good game for Wales....it was nowhere near enough

agreed.

I think it would be enough under different circumstances - last season for instance he could’ve made a few cameo’s looked very comfortable as we swept every one aside, and left with a trophy.

In a title race though? He’s miles off what’s required for a starting centre mid

Hopefully means we can get 90 minutes out of Ramsey on Thursday night. Agree it was a strange one though.

Jack and Ramsey were blowing hard!!

The subs in theory made sense and we got ourselves in good positions! I really struggle with Sakala though.

It’s criminal that we are now 4 years down the line and still have not suitably filled the right side of out attack.

As for Aribo, I feel a bit for him, his confidence is shot!

Aribo is honestly fuckin dreadful. C@nts that think he’s amazing are deluded. He does nothing when it really matters.

I can’t wait for his pirouette against st mirren so we can start shouting “40 million” again.

He’s a fuckin a dumping.
He’s somewhere in between you know.

We would have scored in that last 25mins if Ramsey was still on the park.
Obviously has the vision to make something happen.
Pinning them back and hooking balls into the box was predictable and we never really looked like scoring, their keeper had maybe one save to make from Sakala after all that pressure.
Ramsey has the tools to make something happen, still can’t believe he was hooked.

We would have scored in that last 25mins if Ramsey was still on the park.
Obviously has the vision to make something happen.
Pinning them back and hooking balls into the box was predictable and we never really looked like scoring, their keeper had maybe one save to make from Sakala after all that pressure.
Ramsey has the tools to make something happen, still can’t believe he was hooked.

I'm not in love......

I said at the time, these subs actually make us worse.

Not for the first time under Gio

Disagree.

Goal aside, I thought he was very poor today. It’s no surprise to me that we regained the middle of the park without him, we were just too toothless to make anything of it.

Even knackered Ramsey was still the best player on the park. He was our main threat from midfield. Our only threat infact. The league was on the line, I couldn't give %^*& if he was tired

A reason why I love FF. The difference in opinions is fantastic :D

I'm not in love......
Man of the match poll has Bassey, Lundstrum then Ramsey as MOTM and Ramsey only played 66mins.
So not the only one to be in love.
The final product wasn’t there in those last 25 mins and Ramsey has that ability to change a game.

Man of the match poll has Bassey, Lundstrum then Ramsey as MOTM and Ramsey only played 66mins.
So not the only one to be in love.
The final product wasn’t there in those last 25 mins and Ramsey has that ability to change a game.
Surprised we got beat he was so good........the majority were happy with the line up today as well...it sadly went the way the other opinions predicted.

If it had went the other way and many things have I would have the good grace to say yup I was wrong but as I said earlier people are going to say Ramsey was great...you can't even recognise he was breathing out his arse after 30 mins......

Surprised we got beat he was so good........the majority were happy with the line up today as well...it sadly went the way the other opinions predicted.

If it had went the other way and many things have I would have the good grace to say yup I was wrong but as I said earlier people are going to say Ramsey was great...you can't even recognise he was breathing out his arse after 30 mins......
Thing is we did get beat, the likes of Aribo and Kent stayed on the park and offered nothing in that last period of the game.

Blowing out his arse or not I think he would have offered us more than Kent and Aribo did who are the guys we look to to create something.

Only an opinion but we didn’t score after lots of pressure, just think Ramsey would have been more likely to create that bit of magic that was missing.

Thing is we did get beat, the likes of Aribo and Kent stayed on the park and offered nothing in that last period of the game.

Blowing out his arse or not I think he would have offered us more than Kent and Aribo did who are the guys we look to to create something.

Only an opinion but we didn’t score after lots of pressure, just think Ramsey would have been more likely to create that bit of magic that was missing.

He didn't create anything during his time on the pitch though.....his goal was great did well to get it up out of his feet as it was awkward. However that ball was played to him -name one incisive pass he hit in 66 mins?

No idea what GVB seen during the game to think it was acceptable. If Ramsey was done in then fair enough but Aribo should not have stayed on that park. Mind boggling.

I’m a huge Aribo fan but he done my head in today, floating about most of the game with zero influence

Not for the first time against Celtic, he rarely has any impact against them

Yet another we need to move in in the summer

Ramsay scored his goal but looked absolutely done after 20 / 30 mins to be honest, just an utterly pointless signing. Sadly we are used to that though

After a great start Ramsey slowly fell out of the game. A nice wee flick now and again doesnt make up for his misplaced passes. We all knew he'd be a gamble, but he just hasnt worked out for us. The money could have been better spent

Aribo had no desire to get involved today whatsoever, the laziest most inept performance from him yet, and there are plenty of examples to choose from.

He can toddle off back to Charlton anytime he wants.

For me both Aribo and Ramsay were woeful neither won enough battles to dictate play or dominate their positions .

Failed to provide infield passing options time and again when our play was coming down the wing and when in possession wasted far too many passes resulting in counter attacks through their piss poor attitude and not tracking back ,that should have saw them both replaced at half time goal or not .

Management are culpable for tolerating that drop in standards for months it's actually ridiculous how basic those errors are when they have time and space and once again management have no answer to a team who lets be honest are fucking garbage and such was their desperation to time waste from as early as the closing minutes of the first half .

Management continue with the same crappy set up take the ball out wide when it was needing a player in the left or right half of midfield to take charge it's predictable garbage because they aren't being challenged to demonstrate more adaptability to their individual style of play.

Even the simple ball looks beyond a lot of those players at any given point in the game as is players looking for it ,
that's basic stuff and unacceptable they cannot even demonstrate an ability to think on their feet !

Today typified that lazy arse attitude because they know they are getting away with it and exactly why they lose goals or gift games .

Back