Aaron Ramsey off, Joe Aribo left on.

Didn’t you also post some weird shite about him not getting close to Rogic? When does a 10 normally mark another 10 in football?

You also fuming at Roofe for not marking the Greek?

Modern football doesn’t revolve around man-marking, son.

If one midfielder is getting a massive amount of joy against the opposition midfield, that’s on the entire midfield, the 10 included.

Modern football doesn’t revolve around man-marking, son.

If one midfielder is getting a massive amount of joy against the opposition midfield, that’s on the entire midfield, the 10 included.
Hahaha! You’ve got a severe lack of footballing knowledge if you expect an attacking midfielder to be “getting close” to an opposition number 10 and use that a stick to beat him with, when it’s not his role.

Not sure if you understand the role of a 10 very well at all.

We probably would’ve had nothing like the control of the game we had, if Ramsay was still on the park.

They controlled the game there while he was on it, so it’s wishful thinking to suggest he would’ve made the difference after he came off.
Ramsey has been a real top player, he hasn't looked anything like that for us, even today.

He is not even close to the player we all know he can be.

I'm not so sure he ever will be.

That was an interesting one.
Jack for Arfield, fine. Jack was done in.
But that change is inexcusable imo.
Almost as bizarre as playing Lundstram CB at home to Motherwell. The players are taking a bashing and rightly so ….. but Gio has to take the blame - I still have nightmares about how he set up and played first half at Sharkhead.

Hahaha! You’ve got a severe lack of footballing knowledge if you expect an attacking midfielder to be “getting close” to an opposition number 10 and use that a stick to beat him with, when it’s not his role.

Not sure if you understand the role of a 10 very well at all.

Hate to break it to you son, but the number 10 does in fact drop back to plug holes in the middle of the park when out of possession. If he fails to do so, the whole system breaks down in the middle / which is exactly what happened.

The ‘everyone pick up a man’ approach died our decades ago.

Jack needed to come off, Ramsey was done, and Aribo was pish, so all three should have been replaced.

Hate to break it to you son, but the number 10 does in fact drop back to plug holes in the middle of the park when out of possession. If he fails to do so, the whole system breaks down in the middle / which is exactly what happened.

The ‘everyone pick up a man’ approach died our decades ago.
Good you’ve got an inside line to Gio and that he instructed him to get close to Celtics most advanced midfielder. Fucking hell I’m done arguing with you.

If you’ve ever tried to reason with an irrational person, you know that fools have no interest in letting reason in, they just want to get their negativity, cynicism and ignorance out.

Ramsey has been a real top player, he hasn't looked anything like that for us, even today.

He is not even close to the player we all know he can be.

I'm not so sure he ever will be.

Absolutely agreed. I’m getting accused of not liking him because I’m not prepared to buy into the ridiculous fanboyism, but he was a world class player at his peak.

Sadly I think there a few on here who would be happier see Ramsey succeed so they can say ‘I told you so’ than they would be to see the club succeed.

Good you’ve got an inside line to Gio and that he instructed him to get close to Celtics most advanced midfielder. Fucking hell I’m done arguing with you.

If you’ve ever tried to reason with an irrational person, you know that fools have no interest in letting reason in, they just want to get their negativity, cynicism and ignorance out.

The irony of the bolded is truly astonishing ffs

:D

I voted Ramsey our MOTM. Amazed Aribo stayed on.

I also thought Fashion did very well when he came on. Deserves a run in Alfie’s absence.

Ramsey was my MOM but dear god if you think Fashion done well when he came on you must have been watching a different game, he's awful! His lack of composure or technique when he's on the ball is shocking for a professional footballer

You take the open logical substitute and gio has a unique ability more than any other manager I’ve seen to do something fucking insane. It’s utterly bonkers. This will not get better

if you seriously think we controlled the midfield better with him, than without him, I don’t even know what to tell you.

The stats simply tell a very different story.
We had more possession but we never had the quality to do anything with it. Ramsey was our quality on the ball.

Aribo all the natural talent in the world with a heart of a tiny wee mouse. Get rid.

Maybe a fitness thing but Ramsey was showing his talent more than the rest of our team and it was a WTF moment for me .Hard to understand tbh

Feel sorry for Ramsey, brilliant opening goal and he would only get flack for posting about it and revelling in it today. Took the shine of a great moment in his career. Bittersweet memory for him now.

Lowry should have replaced Aribo. Aribo was slow, lethargic, and a liability, showed absolutely nothing.
Ramsey should have been left on until he completely emptied his tank.
Sakala was good in the minutes he was on, so close to scoring too.

I though Bassey should have put his body in a better position on their first goal, allowed wee phantom to go inside and that opened us up for that goal.
Bassey should of taken him out before he ran into the box

When Jack and Ramsey came off I said to the TV '' you've fuckin chucked it Gio, your saving them for Thursday''. :(

Fanboyism is exactly what it is. People so desperate to be proven correct in their calls to start him, that they’re willing to defend him even when he was mostly anonymous, and clearly knackered when brought off (correctly).

Listen, if Ramsay isn’t fit now, he never will be, and shouldn’t be starting in games like this. If he is fit, then he’s simply not that good.
Whether he is fit or not doesn't really matter now. 56 is gone and in my opinion we have wasted the 2 million he cost us.

We should have put the money to better use. It was far too big a risk. It was blatantly obvious there wasn't enough time left in the season to get him injury free and then match fit as well.
If we had brought him in at the beginning of the season then possibly we could have managed him better.

Ramsey was fucked in the first half. He without doubt had to be one of them coming off.

Ramsey and Aribo were the two obvious ones to come off. Jack for all he might have been knackered was nowhere near the man down Aribo was. That Aribo lasted 90 minutes should have resulted in some very honest and open board discussions on our management team at full time.

Whether he is fit or not doesn't really matter now. 56 is gone and in my opinion we have wasted the 2 million he cost us.

We should have put the money to better use. It was far too big a risk. It was blatantly obvious there wasn't enough time left in the season to get him injury free and then match fit as well.
If we had brought him in at the beginning of the season then possibly we could have managed him better.

Agreed.

It was a signing to appease fans, and it appears to have worked to that purpose. Sadly he’s not been anywhere effective enough on the pitch.

Davis would have been my swap for Jack, well played Steve Clarke at for playing him during the week giving CM a rest. Aribo should have been hooked at half time for Sakala. Lowry for Ramsey as he had put a shift in and laws our best player but looked done too

Ramsey was head and shoulders above any of our players on Sunday. The difference in quality, if not fitness, was obvious.

There is no doubt in my mind that a half fit Ramsey was a better option to stay on than a compete anonymous Joe Aribo.

When Jack and Ramsey came off I said to the TV '' you've fuckin chucked it Gio, your saving them for Thursday''. :(

Wow Jesus fucking Christ I never thought about Jack coming off with Thursday in mind while Aribo was flogged into the ground and looked a man down from the 5th minute.

Ramsey was head and shoulders above any of our players on Sunday. The difference in quality, if not fitness, was obvious.

There is no doubt in my mind that a half fit Ramsey was a better option to stay on than a compete anonymous Joe Aribo.

Agree with this. He was fucked but Aribo was a man down so give Ramsey the Valderama role and let him stand centrally and just use his brain when the opportunity arose. It’s not like Aribo was offering great cover.

Back