MOTM Poll Aberdeen v Rangers - 15:00 Sunday - Sky Sports

MOTM

• Total voters
Big game, we’ve got more than enough to win though. For me first 15/20 minutes are the key we’ve been putting pressure on ourselves by starting badly. Need to get going early and hopefully take a chance in the early stages from there we can win. Feel like Itten will play a part today either from the start or off the bench.

Big game, we’ve got more than enough to win though. For me first 15/20 minutes are the key we’ve been putting pressure on ourselves by starting badly. Need to get going early and hopefully take a chance in the early stages from there we can win. Feel like Itten will play a part today either from the start or off the bench.
I commented before the Old Firm game that for 4 games in a row we hadn’t got started until after 20 minutes and were second best for at least the first 10 minutes.

Thats 5 in a row. So hopefully we start from the first minute today and not the 21st

I’m sure SG will have drilled into them the importance of the game after the OF - last season being a prime example.

But win this today and it sends out a massive statement as it’s one of the more difficult fixtures between now and the end of the season.

22 points clear puts huge pressure on their fixture with Hibs.

Hagi & Tav with the goals in a 2-0 win.

If we want to win this league we need to be winning both away games at Pitodrie.

Will be a very tough game but with a week off and a bit of rest with focus training hopefully we can get over the line.

Would like to see them come out all guns blazing from the start and get away from the slow first 20 mins that we have seen of recent game but I personally think some of that is down to how much we have been playing recently.

A nervy 0-1 or a comfortable 0-3 is my opinion. But in the end just win no matter how.

I’d take any win but as previous posters have said, a huge improvement in the opening 20 minutes would make us all enjoy the game a bit more.

Could really do with a comfortable win after last 5 games and yes... the pressure then ramps up for them on Monday

Just over five hours until kick off. Extremely impatient Bear'.

By now Aberdeen will have been up and raring to go for hours, a squad meeting followed by a cup final breakfast. McInnes, Considine, Taylor and Hayes gave their best war cry speeches - it's all or nothing.

Let's do them today and edge that bit closer to '55.

Think this will be a tough fight today but we will win and hopefully heap some more pressure on the beasts for their game tomorrow.

It's a cert the sheep will play a negative game. This could be a repeat of the Motherwell game. 0-1 wouldn't surprise me but then nor would 0-0. An early goal would make a big difference but I hear the weather is foul up there and it will be a leveller so I'll stick with a 0-1 prediction

I’ve got faith in him mate that’s all. Believe Aribo is best further forward so it’s a choice between him and Zungu for the other midfield spot and yeah I’d favour Barjonas at an away venue like pittodrie.
I would like to see Barjonas get some game time but would rather he gets minutes in games we have won early for the mean time. I think he is a player we could use more often next season to help rotate the squad and give Jack, Arfield etc a bit more rest.

The build up to this game has been a bit low key, think because it’s been a long week with the whole lockdown pish etc but my god the nerves have hit me like a tonne of bricks this morning.

Quite possibly a bigger game than what last weeks was, a win today and it’s one hand on the trophy.

Team picks itself with the injuries we have. Would maybe expect Big Fil to come in today for Balogun as it will be a more physical game.

Obviously it's important today and it's a major hurdle out of the way if we win. If we hadn't won last week we'd be viewing this as a must win.
Thing is, we did win last week, and against Celtic it was in fact a 'six pointer'. It gave us real breathing space to have some stumbles between now and May.
I hope the first isn't today but if it does happen we need to hold our nerve as a support and see it for what it is.
For what it's worth though - Rangers, two - nil
Sensible words are not required mate. We need hyperbole and lots of it.

I don’t like making score predictions I always think iam going to jinks it so just hoping for a win any win

Just over five hours until kick off. Extremely impatient Bear'.

By now Aberdeen will have been up and raring to go for hours, a squad meeting followed by a cup final breakfast. McInnes, Considine, Taylor and Hayes gave their best war cry speeches - it's all or nothing.

Let's do them today and edge that bit closer to '55.
... and then march them off to the gallows :))

Pivotal game this afternoon, I'll take another own goal with no shots on target! The 3 points is all that matters at this stage. Achieve this and I think their arse will collapse tomorrow against Hibs. C'mon Rangers...Let's go :))

q7d6wzj.png
3 points please..

Going to be a tough one today, I will settle for a scrappy 0-1 score today. We haven’t performed at our best the last few games, so need to be at the top of our game today.

Itten to come off the bench and win us the game
What’s everyone’s thoughts on him starting? It’s a temptation for me instead of Kent as Kent won’t get a lot of space to operate in. We can play a bit more direct with Itten and he can get us up the pitch. His link up play is good and it’s another aerial threat in both boxes to attack and defend. He’s also not afraid to take a shot and he does hit them with power! Kent to maybe come off the bench. I would be tempted with Hagi, Morelos and Itten with Morelos and Itten interchanging with movement with one coming deep and the other attacking the box coming in from the narrow right side. Alfie has tended to drift into this channel, especially last year and the year before where he had a lot of success coming in and shooting!

We'd expect the scum to go to Aberdeen and win, so we need to back ourselves and expect the same from us. Gerrard will have them fired up, and they will all know the importance of this game. Hopefully one goal will be enough.

Nerves shot to pieces here.

But a win today will totally demoralise Celtic who are still clinging to the hope of a miracle. Can almost hear the rattling of the rosaries from here

It will also send out the message that we're a different animal from the team that crashed and burned so badly last season.

Just win! I don't care how we play or how we do it. Just win!

Last edited:
What’s everyone’s thoughts on him starting? It’s a temptation for me instead of Kent as Kent won’t get a lot of space to operate in. We can play a bit more direct with Itten and he can get us up the pitch. His link up play is good and it’s another aerial threat in both boxes to attack and defend. He’s also not afraid to take a shot and he does hit them with power! Kent to maybe come off the bench. I would be tempted with Hagi, Morelos and Itten with Morelos and Itten interchanging with movement with one coming deep and the other attacking the box coming in from the narrow right side. Alfie has tended to drift into this channel, especially last year and the year before where he had a lot of success coming in and shooting!
Might be what,s required for a tight physical game bit of a gamble but seen enough from the big man to earn a start

I overheard football commentary coming from a video on my daughters phone last night and asked what she was watching

'goals against Aberdeen' she replied

'oh recent goals or old ones?' I asked (extremely chuffed ;)

'old ones, y' know with Josh n that'

Lol not big Butcher, Fergie, Durrant and Cooper then :)

Today’s game is a chance to redeem ourselves from last 2 seasons where we have failed after New Year.
Win today and league will all be as good in the bag.

biggest test of the season so far for me, its been well documented that the past 4 or 5 games have seen us drop a little bit of tempo and sharpness, thankfully no great damage has been done(in the league anyway), but it has to be a concern that we have for the most part, being starting games sluggishly, we could do ourselves a big favour if we can get ourselves out the traps and onto it straight from kick off today,take control and play the game to suit ourselves,3 points today and I'm finally for admitting that 55 is on the horizon

Back