Alex Lowry

Bags of talent. If we can keep him he will be an undoubted first team player. Great vision and ball control.

Him and McCann are both top talents, very positive signs.

Moving the ball a little quicker is all Lowry needs, but he'll get that soon enough.

Handle him right and he’ll go for more than Patterson. So positive every time he’s on the ball and has that dash of composed creativity so rare for a Scottish player.

GVB has to figure out a way to get him regular minutes.
Digressing slightly, I read an article earlier that Everton overpaid for Nathan by 3x what they should have. Needless to say I only read the first few lines and shut it off.

Calm down bears. He’s had a positive introduction to the first team recently but let’s not hype too much pressure onto the kid too soon!
Not for me not been so excited for years a young talent no fear and looks class.

GvB has a conundrum. That's 3 First Team appearances for Lowry now. Another 2 and he loses his eligibility to play Lowland League matches for the rest of the season. I'd say its unlikely that he will get enough minutes for the First Team to justify removing his eligibility for the B Team, he needs minutes on the pitch.

He will probably learn more training with the First Team, sitting on the bench on occasion, getting another couple of appearances off the bench - but playing regularly for the B Team.

Not for me. The Lowland League is rubbish and no good for our players. Someone like Lowry is likely to just stagnate there.

He is good enough so let him fight for his place or get him out on loan similar to Firth today (so I'm assuming loans can still be done) to a Kilmarnock or similar.

GvB has a conundrum. That's 3 First Team appearances for Lowry now. Another 2 and he loses his eligibility to play Lowland League matches for the rest of the season. I'd say its unlikely that he will get enough minutes for the First Team to justify removing his eligibility for the B Team, he needs minutes on the pitch.

He will probably learn more training with the First Team, sitting on the bench on occasion, getting another couple of appearances off the bench - but playing regularly for the B Team.

I think with 5 subs now for the rest of the season he should be about the 1st team on match day. However, we have more players back from injury, like Helander, Jack and Davis, which means that could be 3 of the recent starting line on the bench, so will there be a place for him above senior players? I do hope so, I think the mindset of being a 1st team squad player will help in his development and the time will help with releasing the final pass.

All in all, an exciting player.

Digressing slightly, I read an article earlier that Everton overpaid for Nathan by 3x what they should have. Needless to say I only read the first few lines and shut it off.

That's was purely based on the basic 'market value' nonsense, it was basically an article based on nothing.

Calm down bears. He’s had a positive introduction to the first team recently but let’s not hype too much pressure onto the kid too soon!
That’s what’s really impressed me to be fair: doesn’t look like the pressure fazes him at all.

Came on at Ibrox when we were struggling to get going against Stirling and took the game by the scruff of the neck straight away.

He's making an even bigger impression in his first team performances that even Nathan Patterson did (and that's not a slight on Patterson), this boy has the talent to go all the way!

I’m excited for Lowry. This time next year he could be a regular starter for the team.

I can’t help but wonder if McCann is not too far behind him.
Going by the odd bit of news from the B team and seeing his short outing today he may be an exciting prospect as well.

The current crop of youngsters coming through is very promising, and if we can get 3 or 4 integrated into the first team squad over the next year or two then we will be onto a winner. Gio seems quite content to play some of them as well when there is an opportunity to do so, which also bodes well.

He should be nowhere near the B team

He will kick on with better players.

Playing in a team with kent Aribo Morelos etc will bring the best out him
Didn't see him tonight but what i have saw agreed.

He needs to be in and about the senior squad now. Think he has passed the stage where he just needs 'games'.

Very exciting prospect, he doesn’t run ..he glides with the ball, has to remain in the first team squad

I could see him taking Wright's place in the squad and getting a regular 20-30 mins off the bench, with the odd 60min from the start against jobbers.

The best thing about him his movement with the ball. It's effortless.

He’s got a lot going for him but also loads to learn like knowing when to release the ball.
100% correct my goodness it was Annan we were playing tonight , please remember that.
Running into a team mate too not exactly brilliant stuff.

100% correct my goodness it was Annan we were playing tonight , please remember that.
Running into a team mate too not exactly brilliant stuff.
However I still think he has something so we will see what happens in future.

Everything that I've seen of the boy makes me think hes going to be a superstar for us. Definitely someone we should build the team around in the future.

Not for me. The Lowland League is rubbish and no good for our players. Someone like Lowry is likely to just stagnate there.

He is good enough so let him fight for his place or get him out on loan similar to Firth today (so I'm assuming loans can still be done) to a Kilmarnock or similar.
I will be honest, I’ve no idea how Firth was able to sign on loan for Thistle. I thought any moves had to be within the window unless they were emergency loans - but not seen anything to suggest that’s the case with Firth.

To be clear, I think we will still see Lowry train with the First Team. I think we will still see him on the bench for the First Team. I think he will get his other two appearances for the First Team. However, I don’t think he will see enough First Team minutes, now we have virtually a full squad, to justify excluding him from being able to play for the B Team. That’s where he will get most of his game time to the end of the season IMHO. For example, 5 x 5 minute appearances for the First Team isn’t really going to help his development if that’s the only football he gets between now and Summer.

Brilliant prospect.

Hope he keeps his head screwed on and works hard, a lot of players his age show great promise but then it goes to their heads and they become playboys and their game suffers.

Very excited about this boy needs to learn to protect the ball and himself more.

But he could be an absolute star if handled correctly, and we as fans have the patience to let him develop and even sometimes make the odd mistake.

I’m excited for Lowry. This time next year he could be a regular starter for the team.

I can’t help but wonder if McCann is not too far behind him.
Going by the odd bit of news from the B team and seeing his short outing today he may be an exciting prospect as well

Highlight of the 2nd half for me. Another hugely confident display. A classy operator. Already. Exciting.

Back