Alex Lowry

In what we’ve seen so far he’s been excellent and as another poster said he’s the complete opposite of the type of player scotland normally produce. Scotland in general right now seems to be developing an excellent crop of young players such as Gilmour and Paterson. I know a lot of posters don’t care about the national team but it genuinely is quite an exciting time for Scotland overall.

I had absolutely no idea just how talented the wee man is. He absolutely has potential to make it very far with us and eventually a higher level.

I'm going to go with my gut that Gio could be slowly integrating him to the first-team, going by the way the Dutch do their football.

Handle him right and he’ll go for more than Patterson. So positive every time he’s on the ball and has that dash of composed creativity so rare for a Scottish player.

GVB has to figure out a way to get him regular minutes.
best young prospect since Patterson, the boy looks class

He has the ability to beat a player one on one from a standing start.

Not many people in our team let alone league can do that.

His final ball etc was a bit off but my word he gets you off your seat. The way he was gliding past players through tight spaces, you just don’t really see Scottish boys doing this. However, it was Annan before I get over excited.

Needs to be given more opportunities.

In what we’ve seen so far he’s been excellent and as another poster said he’s the complete opposite of the type of player scotland normally produce. Scotland in general right now seems to be developing an excellent crop of young players such as Gilmour and Paterson. I know a lot of posters don’t care about the national team but it genuinely is quite an exciting time for Scotland overall.
Rangers first and foremost as always , but I’m the same can see us having a big influence on national team , Patterson , Gilmour , regular staters . I can honestly see us gaining a reputation UK wide for bringing through young players of high quality , with that comes a price for the buying team . And enhancing and developing boys like Diallo , read a lot of Man U fans wanted him with us , they know the pressures at the club are similar , future look bright , you all know the rest :D.

Last edited:
I’m always wary of over hyping young players too early.

There’s been so many over the years we’ve gotten excited about - and players who’ve probably featured at a level above Lowry at the moment - only for their Rangers careers to fizzle out prematurely.

Sandy Robertson, Stephen Hughes, John Fleck, Jamie Ness, Lewis McLeod, Barrie McKay, etc, etc, etc, the list is long.

At the same time, I don’t think there’s anything more thrilling than a young player coming through the ranks to establish himself as a first team regular.

Hopefully the management team handle him correctly and we’ll have the next Barry Ferguson on our hands, but there’s a long way to go yet.
It's more often than not down to the individual himself. Of those you mentioned bad attitude cost Robertson McKay, injury cost Ness and McLeod, poor management cost Fleck. From the snippets I've heard from young Lowry he seems to have a determination to succeed in the game. He doesn't strike me as the type to let early praise go to his head. If he maintains that attitude he has a real chance.

It's more often than not down to the individual himself. Of those you mentioned bad attitude cost Robertson McKay, injury cost Ness and McLeod, poor management cost Fleck. From the snippets I've heard from young Lowry he seems to have a determination to succeed in the game. He doesn't strike me as the type to let early praise go to his head. If he maintains that attitude he has a real chance.
Spot on , Even from McKay now it’s a different animal , for every Lowry , their will be a Dickson , but for the most part these kids have sacrificed their childhoods . And know more than anyone what’s at stake .

He has the ability to beat a player one on one from a standing start.

Not many people in our team let alone league can do that.

His final ball etc was a bit off but my word he gets you off your seat. The way he was gliding past players through tight spaces, you just don’t really see Scottish boys doing this. However, it was Annan before I get over excited.

Needs to be given more opportunities.
Not many can beat a man period.
I can't help but get excited about this boy's chances.

Spot on , Even from McKay now it’s a different animal , for every Lowry , their will be a Dickson , but for the most part these kids have sacrificed their childhoods . And know more than anyone what’s at stake .
The rewards have never been greater for a young footballer, even as teenager these guys earn the sort of money that we can only dream of and that can in itself be a problem.
A good head on the shoulders and sound advice are needed.

The rewards have never been greater for a young footballer, even as teenager these guys earn the sort of money that we can only dream of and that can in itself be a problem.
A good head on the shoulders and sound advice are needed.
Totally , then the next issue is keeping them focused when life changing money comes into play . more and more players in future will do a David Bentley , will finish in their prime and say just don’t enjoy it , if you have done it from 5 and don’t want to anymore . Sacrilege to guys like us , but that’s what the money will do .

He has natural ability. If developed properly he could become a key player in the future. While he generally uses the ball well, in his youthfulness he can be a bit squanderous of possession with the odd stray pass - and not just being over adventurous ( which I would be loathe to restrict ). Of course these are minor nitpicks.It’s a fine line to tread. The last thing I’d want is to turn him into an over safe ball recycler who passes only sideways and back.
As he fills out and strengthens he’ll become even more confident in himself among his fellow players. The only way is up. Would love to see us giving more young players a taste of first team football. This season though looks unlikely.

Need to get him signed onto a long term contract and he must be included in the match squads for the league. Not only is he a tremendous prospect, I also see him as a potential match winner right NOW, a guy who could turn a 1-1 into a 2-1 win.
He has been offered a contract.Its just waiting to be signed

Plays with his head up and always looks for the killer pass disappointing for him that Ramsey signing will limit his game time

He’s got that thing you see in some players where he just glides by players. He’s not the quickest but his movements look as if he is. He has tremendous feet and technical ability and he will learn so much from Ramsey and Aribo. Within a season or 2 this boy will be a star if he keeps going the way he is.

Already looks like a player and think he’s got massive potential.

Hope he can secure regular minutes and with the right coaching he could become something special.

I’m excited for Lowry. This time next year he could be a regular starter for the team.

I can’t help but wonder if McCann is not too far behind him.
Going by the odd bit of news from the B team and seeing his short outing today he may be an exciting prospect as well.
McCann looks a good prospect and he didnt look fazed on his debut game which i think is always a good sign. Confidence in his ability.

Rangers first and foremost as always , but I’m the same can see us having a big influence on national team , Patterson , Gilmour , regular staters . I can honestly see us gaining a reputation UK wide for bringing through young players of high quality , with that comes a price for the buying team . And enhancing and developing boys like Diallo , read a lot of Man U fans wanted him with us , they know the pressures at the club are similar , future look bright , you all know the rest :D.
I agree about us being good for younger players. I think our performances in Europe have really helped grow our stock. This will hopefully only get better with champions league football.

Handle him right and he’ll go for more than Patterson. So positive every time he’s on the ball and has that dash of composed creativity so rare for a Scottish player.

GVB has to figure out a way to get him regular minutes.
Completely agree , his quick feet, vision, pace and overall awareness will only improve as will his strength with age.

If he continues like he has done so far he will be a top top player, only problem is we won’t keep him for long once he becomes a first team regular. Bright side when he does go it should be for silly money.

Hasn't looked out of place in any of his games, albeit 2 were against lower league opposition, but then we compare him to Wright or Itten who have failed to impress in those same games. I thought he was great against Livi as well and could have had 2 assists in that game.

Back