Anyone going to Holland ?

How good are the team we're playing compared to, say, Feynoord?
Not as good, Feyenoord are a decent bit better. Willem finished 5th, the team behind them had a game in hand. Finished 10th and 13th prior to that, they have signed a couple of good young players though.

I'm fairly confident.

As I’ve said on other threads I’ll go back when we can get into grounds that’s my choice as it’s others who’ll go to these rounds.

Not that I expect to get a sensible reply from you as every post you make is utter shite

They appeal to some, but are scolded by many.

Not as good, Feyenoord are a decent bit better. Willem finished 5th, the team behind them had a game in hand. Finished 10th and 13th prior to that, they have signed a couple of good young players though.

I'm fairly confident.
Aye forget what I said @JMCK thiught they finished 6th :))

They finished 6th mate it won’t be easy

I'm fairly confident.
Cheers. Our approach away has been to look for away goals; will be interesting how we play this as a one off.

We've been arguing about this since the Lyon friendly, basically.

People can go if they want, if they think it's worth the effort. But I sincerely doubt everyone who travels will adhere to guidlines. Some of them were probably in Gibraltar, and then would have travelled again if we progressed and got a nice away tie in the following round.

I personally think you'd be better off just staying at home.

images

Which way to Holland?

Struggling to see any logic in that trip. Wont get to see the match, a section of their support will kick %^*& out of you given the chance, have to self isolate on return.

The mind boggles.

Our fans are more than capable of looking after themselves and each other when on trips this would be no different, we have heard it all before with Feyenoord etc passed off largely without incident

Our fans are more than capable of looking after themselves and each other when on trips this would be no different, we have heard it all before with Feyenoord etc passed off largely without incident
I doubt there will be trouble but to compare it to those games where we took thousands compared to a few dozen is a bit daft. There is such a thing as safety in numbers with our usual support.

Handful of Antwerp hooligans travelling through for it as they’ve got a friendship with Willem.

Doubt anything major will happen but unless they’re bad losers :))

Been to PSV and Feyenoord and never got kicked %^*& out of. Regardless of what the bed wetters had to say, been to Turkey the lot and never been kicked %^*& out of either. The man can obviously afford it and wants to go and good on him
So long as they isolate when they get back there’s isn’t an issue. I suspect most wouldn’t.

I assume those who intend travelling will either self-isolate on return or will be in a position to work from home and have enough food delivered to them to survive? Irresponsible otherwise in all honesty.

And all to stand outside the ground. Seems madness to me.
Apparently the trip is worth 1,690 Mygers points. I'm already an Orange Member but if I was needing the points I'd be tempted.

Apparently the trip is worth 1,690 Mygers points. I'm already an Orange Member but if I was needing the points I'd be tempted.

We’d all be tempted - even for zero MyGers points:) - if we were actually getting in to see the game and it didn’t involve two weeks off work on return. I’m retired, so would be fine with the quarantine, but f*ck travelling over there to sit in a bar (which might have restricted numbers anyway).

Here's an idea. They're not breaking any laws by doing what they're doing, so why are the getting slated?

People are travelling away on holidays every day of the week, which they much the same are entitled to do.

If some rangers fans fancy a jolly abroad, that's entirely up to them and they're spending their own money as they wish.

This board can be horrendous for the abuse it gives to their own. Funny thing on here is being branded staunch, is a kind of insult. I dont check other fans forums but do they have this unhealthy knack of slagging off their own supporters ?

All the people moaning about folk going yet Gerrard and the players absolutely loved that some of the fans where there in Gibraltar.

I’ll take their opinions over a crank on a forum.
Plenty of ex-pat fans over there.

I'm confident Gerrard and the players privately think those travelling from the UK for closed door games are a bit thick.

Willem II have a pretty lively mob, so anyone travelling will just need to keep their wits about them. The big differences between this visit to the Netherlands and previous ones is that we won’t have the numbers that usually travel, so locals might feel slightly braver. That aside I sincerely doubt anything will happen.

I hope those travelling have a great time and we get the win.

Only on FF do match going supporters here such a hard time

They're not going to a match though are they? They are going to either stand outside the ground or watch it in a pub and call it a sash bash. It's genuinely sad and they'll be the ones bragging, as you see from the thread. Look at the OP's post history, he has spent at least the last week exclusively talking about this and Gibraltar, pure attention seeking. Leaving the country at this time so you can brag to your pals that you travelled over is completely idiotic. Add that to the fact that they need to quarantine for two weeks on return. That's two weeks of someone else needing to run about for them, two weeks of no work unless they work from home, and to be honest I think if his mindset right now is this is a good idea, I doubt he will live up to that two weeks of isolation. In fact, look at his post history, he was in Marbella in August and only isolated for 7 days before going on holiday again, complete idiocy and shows he has no intention of following the rules.

This isn't about Rangers, this is about someone thinking they can do what they want and fûck everybody else. The selfishness shown here is a clear example of why we will never be able to eradicate this virus through quarantines. There is just far too much of the population that think the world revolves around them and banter with their mates comes before public health.

Battered from who? We heard this pish constantly about Feyenoord
We here it every time we draw a team on here that’s rough and it’s never happened once.
Remember the poets saying Rangers would shit thereselves in Rotterdam.
If I mind right they strolled through the city centre and tried to get into the Elstak rave to get at feyenoord.
Must be the first to even attempt that.

Looked like a bunch of daft school weans letting flares off singing daft songs.
Surely that’s not there mob?

don’t know mate tbh photo I seen they were much older, there was a few hundred of them at the progres game last Thursday.

Doubt much will happen anyways.

Took this from link above to Dutch government advice on self-quarantine on arrival :

"You should also self-quarantine if you're travelling from a country outside the EU, the Schengen area and the United Kingdom, except for: Australia, Canada, Georgia, Japan, New Zealand, Rwanda, South Korea, Thailand, Tunisia, Uruguay and China."

So it appears you have to self-quarantine for 10 days on arrival.

Go on mate, as I said to you on other thread I’ll be back to it when we can get in but enjoy it. Auld Rab Gentleman From Falkirk will be there I imagine
Hey, less a the auld.
No, he will not be there even although he is like a caged lion.
I will tell him that Followfollow send their best wishes to gods country.

Hey, less a the auld.
No, he will not be there even although he is like a caged lion.
I will tell him that Followfollow send their best wishes to gods country.
Haha! I’ll no doubt bump into him at some point if not tell him young Sam from the Polmont bus is asking for him. He will no doubt ask if I’m sober :))

Struggling to see any logic in that trip. Wont get to see the match, a section of their support will kick %^*& out of you given the chance, have to self isolate on return.

The mind boggles.
Aye but you get to show how staunch you are on social media?

We are on the 6 05 am flight to Amsterdam on Thursday cant find the train times for Tillburg though.
You need to quarantine for 10 days if arriving in the UK mate and they're are doing random spot checks at Schiphol and asking for hotel details. Good luck if they catch you out as they're legally entitled to hold you at Schiphol until you are sent back.

There's also handhaving (enforcement) in all the major cities with pretty large fines.

Leaving aside the pandemic aspect, this could cost you a fair bit.

Last edited:
Why are folk getting upset at bears travelling

bonkers

good luck to the lads and hope it’s a great trip, wish it was me

I think the primary concern is what those who travel will do when they get back. What percentage do you reckon will strictly quarantine? I’m not at all confident it will even be close to 100%.

What’s the point?

Staunch ultrafan bragging rights is the only thing as far as I can see.

To get pished.

Folk can say they're following Rangers but they aren't. Not really. The club doesn't want you there; there's no entry to the game. It's using the tie as an excuse to go for a jolly.

It's not about singling fans out. Going on a stag do to Amsterdam, or any other boozy activity where the guidelines aren't being followed, would be equally daft and irresponsible.

"The team loved the support." I'm sure they'd cope without it.

To get pished.

Folk can say they're following Rangers but they aren't. Not really. The club doesn't want you there; there's no entry to the game. It's using the tie as an excuse to go for a jolly.

It's not about singling fans out. Going on a stag do to Amsterdam, or any other boozy activity where the guidelines aren't being followed, would be equally daft and irresponsible.

"The team loved the support." I'm sure they'd cope without it.
Funnily Gerrard said he was happy to hear the support

Quite a few bears i spoke to in Gibraltar are flying to and from Germany to avoid quarantine.
What’s the point?

It’s not about supporting the team, because you’re not in the ground.

It’s not even for a love of football, because you might not even get to see the game on TV.

Want a piss up with your mates? You can do that here.

I really don’t understand what these folk get out of these trips, other than being able to brag about being there.

Amid a pandemic, it’s also very selfish and reckless.

Back