Apparently Lafferty will join Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.
750k not for me I'm afraid.
Would go over Croatia/Scandinavia/Argentina and get a 21yo striker for 1.5m and triple our money in 2/3 years, if we buy Lafferty it's bye bye to that money.
Great value in the mentioned countries and they fit in very well very quickly!!

The mentally challengeds tried signing a wonderkid from Scandinavia. They described him as a "young hitman", unfortunately for them Mo Bangura was about 50 and the only time he's ever been a hitman was when he was a child soldier in Sierra Leone.

They may, or may not, be being ‘bitter’ but I think it fair to say they are being, to an extent, ‘greedy’. Lafferty isn’t worth £750k, it’s as simple as that. He did well for them last season but, rather than that being the ‘norm’ throughout his career it was a glaring anomaly. He is as likely to revert to a 10 goals a season man this year as repeat last years goals tally. Can they take that gamble?

It’s not as ‘simple as that’ though, if that was the case we’d have walked away already. He's worth what someone is willing to pay for him. It’s mental that so many on here think it’s totally fine for us to get good deals on players, but when a club doesn’t want to sell at a perceived lower price they go daft. Keep in mind Hearts have already signed a load of players for the season ahead so it’s not like their budget depends on this sale going through, unless Lafferty was on the transfer list all this time and we didn’t know about it?

Of course there is a risk involved but Farts are the third biggest club in the country. It stands to reason that they will have aspirations of actually finishing third and as I pointed out already, that brings a very healthy return comparative to last season. If they are selling off their main striker, clearly they are going to need it to be worth it.

I find it odd some people think 500k is ok but 750k is too much.

Seems clear he is the one we want we haven't been seriously linked with other strikers except the Solanke loan. Hopefully this is sorted this week, we are one injury/suspension from daddy longlegs Sadiq running about upfront.

The mentally challengeds tried signing a wonderkid from Scandinavia. They described him as a "young hitman", unfortunately for them Mo Bangura was about 50 and the only time he's ever been a hitman was when he was a child soldier in Sierra Leone.

Hahahhahaha Mo Bangura there a guy

Some of Shiite they bought with the billions they have over the last ten years is hilarious, Bangura, pukki, Cifti and countless other. Nice pay offs as well no doubt.

Some of Shiite they bought with the billions they have over the last ten years is hilarious, Bangura, pukki, Cifti and countless other. Nice pay offs as well no doubt.

You could be talking about us with that statement - apart from the billions part right enough.

I find it odd some people think 500k is ok but 750k is too much.

Seems clear he is the one we want we haven't been seriously linked with other strikers except the Solanke loan. Hopefully this is sorted this week, we are one injury/suspension from daddy longlegs Sadiq running about upfront.
There comes a limit though. Stump up 750k and next time a club in a similar situation has a player we want they will demand a million, then 1.5m.

There comes a limit though. Stump up 750k and next time a club in a similar situation has a player we want they will demand a million, then 1.5m.

They can demand all they want. They won’t get it from us .

700k is a perfectly reasonable amount of money for a player of laffertys age, experience, and form .

So far SG hasn't got much wrong on his recruitment front. Got to trust the management team on this one.

700k is a perfectly reasonable amount of money for a player of laffertys age, experience, and form .

Half that is a reasonable amount for a player of Lafferty's age, experience and form with less than a year left on his contract, who will be a squad player for us!

If he goes for the 750k touted i would have preffered that young Bosnian striker Elvir Koljic similar prices touted but he has youth on his side.. still rate lafferty all is good..

Last edited:

It's too much. Any player playing in Scotland who is in his 30's and only has a year left isn't worth more than 500k. I even think 500k is more than we should pay but if that's what it would take then whatever. 750k is madness, though i don't blame Hearts for wanting it

I'm not even that excited by this, but I've got my Jurgen Klopp '2 cock power wank' gif primed and ready to go.

Lafferty must me willing to come as squad player. Not many will want to come unless expecting to start and as we’re playing 1 up front that place is already taken

The amount of Hearts fans who refer to us at their rivals is hilarious. A small club from Gorgie whose real rivals (position wise)are St Johnstone and Kilmarnock.

For the inevitable Jambo lurkers - we'll take whatever players we want from you, it's really that simple.

This post made it on to Jambos Kickback.

You were then referred to as a “typical condescending Hun”

:D:D:D

Lafferty must me willing to come as squad player. Not many will want to come unless expecting to start and as we’re playing 1 up front that place is already taken

I think there are only a few guaranteed starters for every game especially if we make the Europa League groups. Tav started the weekends game on the bench. Candeias has been started some games and been on the bench in others. Murphy, Kent, and potentially Lafferty could all play wide left in a front three.

Lafferty could replace Morelos when it suits us or could he play in a No. 10 role behind a striker.

I'm not a huge fan of Lafferty - I think there are better players out there we could get but I can also see the benefits of signing someone who knows the club, knows the league and has a track record of scoring in that league.

It's too much. Any player playing in Scotland who is in his 30's and only has a year left isn't worth more than 500k. I even think 500k is more than we should pay but if that's what it would take then whatever. 750k is madness, though i don't blame Hearts for wanting it

“Madness”:rolleyes: ffs .

He’s 30 . A proven goal scorer at international level , and more importantly has done it in our league . His form is good . His fitness is good .

Did mcginn not just go to villa for £3 million with a year left on his contract ? Younger granted at 24 but you get the picture .

£700 k certainly isn’t “ madness “. What year do you think it is ?? Jesus .

We got more for declan john.

It’s not as ‘simple as that’ though, if that was the case we’d have walked away already. He's worth what someone is willing to pay for him. It’s mental that so many on here think it’s totally fine for us to get good deals on players, but when a club doesn’t want to sell at a perceived lower price they go daft. Keep in mind Hearts have already signed a load of players for the season ahead so it’s not like their budget depends on this sale going through, unless Lafferty was on the transfer list all this time and we didn’t know about it?

Of course there is a risk involved but Farts are the third biggest club in the country. It stands to reason that they will have aspirations of actually finishing third and as I pointed out already, that brings a very healthy return comparative to last season. If they are selling off their main striker, clearly they are going to need it to be worth it.

Actually I think it IS as simple as that. Lafftery isn’t worth £750k to us, or to anybody else for that matter. If they won’t budge on price then we should be walking away and looking for better value elsewhere. It doesn’t have to be Lafferty or nobody. There doesn’t appear to be a queue of clubs competing with us for Lafferty. I mentioned earlier in the thread that a similar figure could probably secure Moult. I’m not suggesting we move for Moult, simply illustrating that there are other options out there.

It’s a backup we are looking for remember - whoever we get is unlikely to displace Morelos or either of our range of options out wide. They will simply be there to allow a little rotation or dig us out a hole on occasion. A bit part player if you like. I’d like someone with a bit of experience, so Lafferty does fit that bill - but so do many others. £500k tops for Lafferty though, in my opinion.

Apparently Lafferty will join Monday - which Monday?

Hope its sooner than later

Last edited:
Half that is a reasonable amount for a player of Lafferty's age, experience and form with less than a year left on his contract, who will be a squad player for us!

If we're competing in 3 fronts domestically, plus an extended run in Europe, then all our "squad players" will see plenty game time.

If Lafferty starts a couple of games and scores, he'll quickly shoot up the pecking order.

Bastards. I'm jealous of Yer Da. Fame at last. :D

Incidentally, it's not condescending, it's the truth :D

They’re now coming away with the deidco patter for any ‘lurkers’ :D they’re so angry selling to an apparent “rival.”

“Typical huns” - thought we were a new club?

Claiming that they are in fact a genuine rival because they beat us in an isolated one off incident in the Championship that will never be repeated. :D:D:D

Yes lurkers - we sell our surplus attackers for £2.5m + add ons. You sell at whatever The Rangers agree to pity you with.

Peasants

So you want a seasoned international striker aged 30 in the prime of his life and career on great form with a Miss Scotland wife and with experience of scoring regularly in our league and for our club for 350k from a rival club ?

It would’ve been great to get him for that , but paying 700k is still perfectly reasonable and nobody can say differently .

I say that as someone who doesn’t enjoy watching the big man playing football ( apart from goals like Saturday !):D

If we're competing in 3 fronts domestically, plus an extended run in Europe, then all our "squad players" will see plenty game time.

If Lafferty starts a couple of games and scores, he'll quickly shoot up the pecking order.

I agree all our squad should have plenty game time. Lafferty may well get more than some if he comes but all things being equal he wouldn't be in many people's starting 11 for every game. My point was that IMHO £750k was too high a fee, not that I didn't want us to sign him!

So you want a seasoned international striker aged 30 in the prime of his life and career on great form with a Miss Scotland wife and with experience of scoring regularly in our league and for our club for 350k from a rival club ?

It would’ve been great to get him for that , but paying 700k is still perfectly reasonable and nobody can say differently .

I say that as someone who doesn’t enjoy watching the big man playing football ( apart from goals like Saturday !):D

Personally think he would be a good addition to the squad, but let's see what other clubs are queueing up to pay £750k for his services. Bide our time and get him for the right price!

I agree all our squad should have plenty game time. Lafferty may well get more than some if he comes but all things being equal he wouldn't be in many people's starting 11 for every game. My point was that IMHO £750k was too high a fee, not that I didn't want us to sign him!

Man alive bud I can understand you want to get value but I don’t think we have overpaid far from it.

We just sold Windass for £2.5 million plus add ons . Who would you rather have in your first 11 on 2nd September v yahoo, lafferty or Windass ? We both already know the correct answer .

Personally think he would be a good addition to the squad, but let's see what other clubs are queueing up to pay £750k for his services. Bide our time and get him for the right price!

There’s always going to be a premium put on top from a Premiership player to Rangers. Still don’t think it’s unreasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back