Apparently Lafferty will join Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usual FF nonsense about age. He's 30, so he's ready for the knackers yard according to some on here.
For £500k/£700k he'd be fine as long as we bring in at least one other striker. I think Lafferty would offer more than Sadiq ( though Sadiq may just require game time).

I've actually got a bit of time for Hearts, i've many friends & colleagues that are Hearts fans & they are good guys. Obviously the Sevco patter is chronic but if we give them a bit of jip on our board i'd expect some back on theirs.

There's 1 thing i don't understand though, & it seems it's a bit of a theme with the other clubs fans. It's this slagging of us that we're skint, & have got no money. Never mind what we've spent this summer, we've actually made more money from the Europa League already than Hearts have actually spent on transfer fees for at least the past 8 years, maybe longer even.

Since the first Lafferty bid was announced, & everyone was saying we can't scrape the money together for him, everyone seemingly has forgotten that we've just spent £1.5M on a left back, while also making over £3M back on player sales.

I just don't get the logic.

I've actually got a bit of time for Hearts, i've many friends & colleagues that are Hearts fans & they are good guys. Obviously the Sevco patter is chronic but if we give them a bit of jip on our board i'd expect some back on theirs.

There's 1 thing i don't understand though, & it seems it's a bit of a theme with the other clubs fans. It's this slagging of us that we're skint, & have got no money. Never mind what we've spent this summer, we've actually made more money from the Europa League already than Hearts have actually spent on transfer fees for at least the past 8 years, maybe longer even.

Since the first Lafferty bid was announced, & everyone was saying we can't scrape the money together for him, everyone seemingly has forgotten that we've just spent £1.5M on a left back, while also making over £3M back on player sales.

They’re mental.

On Jambos Kickback they’re claiming the fees for Katic and Barisic of £1.5m each have been grossly inflated to reflect transfer, signing on fee and wages.

Aye ok so assuming we’re paying the two of them 15k a week that’s £1.6m purely for 1 season. Meaning we’ve picked up two Croatian internationals for £1.4m in total. You wonder what world they actually live in.

That’s me being generous as well.

Using their logic the deals are all made up of transfers and wages so 15k per week x 6 years is £4.7m + their transfer fees. Absolute mongs.

They’re mental.

On Jambos Kickback they’re claiming the fees for Katic and Barisic of £1.5m each have been grossly inflated to reflect transfer, signing on fee and wages.

Aye ok so assuming we’re paying the two of them 15k a week that’s £1.6m purely for 1 season. Meaning we’ve picked up two Croatian internationals for £1.4m in total. You wonder what world they actually live in.

Using their logic the deals are all made up of transfers and wages so 15k per week x 6 years is £4.7m + their transfer fees. Absolute mongs.

I'll tell you, if that was to be the case i'd happily accept that & Mark Allen should be getting an honorary knighthood for getting deals like that across the line!

They’re mental.

Diz it really matter how much we paid for them in the main.

We ain't gonnae spend millions and millions on players and if we paid 1 point 5 each for two players that's great. Really good deals.

If we paid less, even better.

Are they what we want........Too right they are.

Nae big deal from our end. We are all delighted.

If we get to the Europa it will be money getn accrued due to these players.

They’re mental.

If that's true (which it clearly isn't) if be more than happy because that's outstanding business

We ain't gonnae spend millions and millions on players and if we paid 1 point 5 each for two players that's great. Really good deals.

It’s the logic being used.

They genuinely seem to think a Croatian international can be got (transfer fee and 3 years wages) for £1.5m

Lafferty is well worth 750k ffs.

One goal in a big game would be worth the figure alone and he would come to life at some point it’s what he does and he’s a better player than he ever was when we signed him.

Get him signed Rangers.

They cannot, or simply refuse to, comprehend that we have come back from the brink not once, but twice in the last 7 years and now we have seemingly loosened Ashley's vice-like grip on retail revenue, might actually be in a healthier position than during the last couple of years of Walter's second spell at the club.

If we get to the Europa it will be money getn accrued due to these players.

I genuinely wish they were correct, and the same logic applies to the purchase of Connor Goldson. Means we've built a team for the price of a Josh Windass & Declan John - although we've probably inflated those prices as well no doubt.

Hearts used to be my second club,the old style Hearts that is, who had similar values as our own.I used to love going to Tynecastle and coming out in the dark into Gorgie Road,I had a strong affection for them.The old Hearts supporters knew what was what.

The new breed of supporter at Hearts are a fecking disgrace to the original Hearts values imo. .

Im no fan of lafferty, never was and never will be but again people need to stop and think. Have a wee thunk of what gerrard thinks.

This is a seasoned international who had a solid scoring record for a reasonably poor team last season, netting against both us and them. A player with experience, not just due to longevity of career but of winning in this country before. He knows how its done and he knows how to do it. We need that in our squad.

If it pushes to 750k then so be it.

If the filth are stopped at 7 then its a superb deal.

Hearts used to be my second club,the old style Hearts that is, who had similar values as our own.I used to love going to Tynecastle and coming out in the dark into Gorgie Road,I had a strong affection for them.The old Hearts supporters knew what was what.

The new breed of supporter at Hearts are a fecking disgrace to the original Hearts values imo. .
Seconded.

Im no fan of lafferty, never was and never will be but again people need to stop and think. Have a wee thunk of what gerrard thinks.

This is a seasoned international who had a solid scoring record for a reasonably poor team last season, netting against both us and them. A player with experience, not just due to longevity of career but of winning in this country before. He knows how its done and he knows how to do it. We need that in our squad.

If it pushes to 750k then so be it.

If the filth are stopped at 7 then its a superb deal.
In a nut shell if he comes and contributes to stopping number 7 for the mentally challengeds it will be money well spent I personally think we have to go for their throats this season if we don’t they will see how far we have improved and will spend next season this is the season it can be stopped

Don’t shoot the messenger !

Got a text from a lifelong hearts season ticket holder today.

Lafferty joining Monday, Wallace was at hearts training ground yesterday with his agent.

Apparently it’s a done deal with hearts bringing in Vanecek as a replacement.

Here’s the text

hearing a deals been done with Laff. Wallace was at riccarton Friday with agent and Levein. Lafferty free to play for us today but deal could be done for Monday

And we bring in Vanecek to replace him

Said his goodbyes

Let’s see what Monday brings to see if it’s true.
Wit Monday????

When I was a five year old I was a Hearts fan even though I was not from Edinburgh. I remember I really liked their striker Donald Ford.
My dad took me to a Rangers v Hearts game in the Copland and Hearts scored first.
I started cheering:D
Guys were bumping into my dad and telling him to get that wee bastard to shut it, my dad was no softy either as he was ex para:D
Told to shut it immediately.

Rangers came back and won the game.

From then on like the rest of my family i was a Rangers fan. I thought most Hearts fans were normally decent, however as the years went on they are petty , small minded losers, full of jealousy for any team that is better than them.

I think it’s a simple case of us not wanting to pay a significant sum for a player with very little resale value. The fees we have paid out are for younger players with te potential to be sold on for a profit. We’ve thought we can get him at a reasonable price and Hearts are waiting it out to maximise the value given that he’s acting the consummate professional. I’m confident a deal will be done with the clubs meeting somewhere in the middle.

There is no logic.

We're Sevco and we're skint not to mention heading for Administration again.

It’s another mhedia story that seeps through to be regarded as fact.
When they talk about our soft loans these are all from guys who will convert them to equity. Shares in our club.
Last 6 months from memory we lost a small amount. I think just under 1m ?
If we make the EL group this year it is highly likely we will make a profit, and maybe generate cash dependant upon our player purchases.
We are far from in big trouble.

Dear Jambo Kickback, how sad are you?, suffering your own wee boring forum, that you are screen grabbing this thread to keep your conversations going. Calling us Skint Sevco HAHAHA! We have spend more on our defence than your entire Team! so that narrative doesn't really fit does it?

It's all about the Rangers.

Monday Monday, so good to me,
Monday Monday, it was all I hoped it would be
Oh Monday morning, Monday morning couldn't guarantee
That Monday evening you would still be here with me.

Monday Monday, can't trust that day,
Monday Monday, sometimes it just turns out that way
Oh Monday morning, you gave me no warning of what was to be
Oh Monday Monday, how could you leave and not take me.

Dear Jambo Kickback, how sad are you?, suffering your own wee boring forum, that you are screen grabbing this thread to keep your conversations going. Calling us Skint Sevco HAHAHA! We have spend more on our defence than your entire Team! so that narrative doesn't really fit does it?

It's all about the Rangers.

They crawled into bed with the poets never ever let the plastic handwringers forget that.

There’s also the issue of giving money to another club that was happy to see us sent down the leagues. As someone stated Lafferty could help us for free by scoring against other clubs and taking points of them. Also makes a statement in we won’t be pushed around or told what to pay for players being shopped to us.

Amen to that.

The love in some on here have for Budge sickens me.

Hearts are no better than Hibs or indeed any other Scottish club when it comes to hatred of all things Rangers.

Fvck them all.

At least you know where you stand with hibs the sheep and the poet fans but these cunts were meant to be of similar ilk.
They make me sick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back