Australian A League official thread

I remember a few years back when Fergie coached Central Coast Mariners and took his side to play in the North Harbour stadium in Auckland against the NZ Knights . There were a group of bluenoses there to see Fergie and the sound of the bangers and mash ringing round the stadium on live TV was a joy to behold. Cool story bro

What a miss from Ibini to steal it for Western Sydney at the end. Dorrans played well, very much their playmaker.

Fantastic match, both teams trying to play proper football.

Tv coverage is night and day compared to what we get.

What a miss from Ibini to steal it for Western Sydney at the end. Dorrans played well, very much their playmaker.

He gets a rough ride on here at times but it is good to see Dorrans back fit and playing football regularly again he played well today.

The Aussies think the coverage is rank compared to their beloved Sky sports.

Good game this morning

Half time, 1-1 between Wellington and Western united

2 penalties and csnt belive there hasn't been a booking yet
Was wondering about the lack of crowd in this one. Turns out they are playing in NSW. Wellington are the home team and are from NZ. Also playing Western who are a new team and Melbourne's 3rd team.

Recognised as the most supported and currently the 2nd most successful club in the league to date, Victory has won four A-League Championships, three A-League Premierships, one Pre-Season Challenge Cup and one FFA Cup, the only club to have won all four domestic trophies in the modern era of Australian soccer. They have also competed in the AFC Champions League on seven occasions, most recently in 2020. Their furthest placement in the tournament was in the 2016 campaign and 2020 campaign, where they were knocked out in the Round of 16 on both occasions.
Melbourne Victory for me!

Was there not serious hooligan issues with Australian football as every immigrant group had their own side, serb, croat, Italian, Greek, Irish, Brits. But I think they just destroyed all these sides.

Recognised as the most supported and currently the 2nd most successful club in the league to date, Victory has won four A-League Championships, three A-League Premierships, one Pre-Season Challenge Cup and one FFA Cup, the only club to have won all four domestic trophies in the modern era of Australian soccer. They have also competed in the AFC Champions League on seven occasions, most recently in 2020. Their furthest placement in the tournament was in the 2016 campaign and 2020 campaign, where they were knocked out in the Round of 16 on both occasions.
They need to get the finger out. 5 points adrift at the bottom of the league

Was there not serious hooligan issues with Australian football as every immigrant group had their own side, serb, croat, Italian, Greek, Irish, Brits. But I think they just destroyed all these sides.
Yes there was and at one point the police refused to police games

They will be second best for quite a while yet.

Quite like to watch this when the games are live in the mornings. Granted, it's not the best standard but I like the honesty of it compared to European football. Even the smaller crowds generate a good atmosphere.

They have a conventional 33 match league where the winners are called the Premier team. The top 6 then have a play off system where the winner of that is the Champion team for that season. The top 2 then receive a bye to the semi finals of the play off with the highest ranked team being the home teams. Matches are played to sudden death. Almost as bonkers as our set up but it seems well organised.

Sydney FC would be the Rangers of the league. The most successful club, winning the normal league season 4 times and crowned overall champion 5 times.
The lunacy of that setup makes the Americas cup seem straightforward. Just have a regular bloody league format!

I can confirm this, even had wee mentally challenged neds with their beloved hoops on in the crowd.

And I can second it having been there also watching mhuppets continually run up to the Rangers end in their green and grey hoops trying to get a rection, and running away twice as fast when it looked like happening.

I've started doing the following bet builder which cane up on Wednesday:

Btts
Over 2.5
Either team to win
Over 9.5 corners
Over 3.5 cards

Pays 13/2 today, paid 5/1 on Wed

Melbourne Derby tomorrow at 10am should be straight forward for City. A win puts them top with Melbourne Victory sitting bottom.

It is mate, in the office on a Saturday morning it's been getting me through it the past couple of years.

City are the best team in the league IMO, playing some nice stuff.

Victory down to 10, bad tackle and then for some reason he grabs the refs arm to stop him pulling the card out.

What a fud.

Back