Australian A League official thread

Im going to be controversial I think! I actually quite enjoy the games but being honest its, in the main, journeymen players, Keogh, Derbyshire, Gordon, Dorrans, Steven Taylor etc then foreign boys that have been around the world at loads of different clubs with a bit of a splash of young players coming through...There are one or two very decent players but not many

Youve got a boy who scored 1 in 3 for Hibs in our league ripping up the scoring charts in that league

Doesnt make for bad games but need to recognise the level I think...
Most of the teams are a level above the SPL cloggers. Refreshing to watch 2 teams trying to play football

Grant Brebner left Melbourne Victory by mutual consent after they were pumped 7-0 last weekend.

Steve Kean taking over until end of season and Tony Popovic will be new manager next season.

Kean not that mhank who sacked Diouf when he rocked up in his Rangers strip for first day of pre season at Blackburn? :))

Anyway, Popovich is a good coach, his record shows that, but it's a clash of cultures. Victory have always been a possession based team, and Popvic is much more defensively orientated.

Bit like Mourinho joining the scum and not playing 'the sellick way'

City should score from a corner, Macurther break and a genuinely world class ball finds Derbyshire free in in the box 16 yards out with a free shot at goal and he scuffs it off the post.

Sitter.

Ball over the top is headed down to MacLaren in the box for the half volley but he slices it wide, he really should score.

1-0 City, hilarious own goal but ruled out for offside. Very tight but probably the correct call.

The referee just let play go on with two balls on the pitch, never seen that :))

1-0, ball over the top to MacLaren in the channel who back heels it, Noone crosses it low and Metcalfe volleys it home.

Cracking goal.

The referee just let play go on with two balls on the pitch, never seen that :))

1-0, ball over the top to MacLaren in the channel to back heels it, Noone crosses it low and Metcalfe volleys it home.

Cracking goal.
I reckon the player deliberately kicked the 2nd ball back in play to try and stop the game! Fair play the ref just ignored it:p

Mclaren has missed some amount of chances in this game not good when you've got him to score anytime in the betbuilder!

Last edited:
Hemed with a 96 minute penalty to make it 2-1 for Wellington against Adelaide.
Missed this one this morning. Was quite an early kick off time. Adelaide miss the chance to to top.

Looks like there's a game on most mornings this week. I'm on earlies so will miss out

Central Coast Mariners v Brisbane Roar this morning.

Currently 1-0 Brisbane but CCM were given a penalty then it was overturned, wrongly IMO.

Watched a couple of western Sydney games due to Miller & dorrans. Really entertaining games. Derby for them tomorrow too. Hopefully get a result

Saturday morning games live on BT

Perth v MacArthur 6am

Brisbane Roar v Wellington 8am

Western Sydney Wanderers v Syndey FC 10am

Last game should be a good one. Dorrans playing for WSW. Kenny Miller coaching there too

Looking it’s gonna be scoreless draws in a row, standards are slipping (pardon the pun)

Back