Balogun and Aribo out of Killie game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably true given the risk of counter & I'd point out that Kilmarnock based on the game vs them are far better than the opposition we faced in the other home games.

I'd like to think Jack & Kamara will have been told we need to get the ball forward quicker and find our forwards higher up the pitch.

I'd be banning that sh*tey slow 5-10 yard pass that they constantly play sideways on the training pitch

Do you think Gerrard is standing on the touch line pulling his hair out? Those slow 5-10 yard passes are by design. Jack and Kamara aren’t just dicking around, they’re doing what they’ve been told and trained to do.

The idea is obviously to continually recycling possession and pull defences around in creating openings, but as we saw last weekend, some sides don’t fall for that easily and more or less stick with their massed blocks of defenders happy to stay put and bat the questions back at us.

Without a doubt we should be moving the ball much quicker - we did this in the first half of last season extremely well for example - but when it isn’t working, when players aren’t on their game and the whole system is beginning to fall down, that’s when we could do with a proper plan B, or for that matter C and D.

3-0 rangers is my prediction. People disappointed with how we played before we’ve played are a different breed

I will be vacating the match thread as soon as the teams have been announced. The knives will be out before the teams are. All rationality on here has, by and large, disappeared under a deluge of shitty Twitter one-liners.
I’ve only recently started coming back in here after last Saturday as it was guaranteed to be full of over the top madness for days with every member of the team and management being branded utterly useless.

I stay in the lounge for days if we don’t win, this place can be unbearable at times.

I’ve only recently started coming back in here after last Saturday as it was guaranteed to be full of over the top madness for days with every member of the team and management being branded utterly useless.

I stay in the lounge for days if we don’t win, this place can be unbearable at times.

You can set your clock that by 30 minutes post-match at least 5 players will have their own dedicated thread to their 'uselessness'. Normally, Tav, Kamara and three others - with Goldson, a former regular, seemingly missing out this season. So far.

Two guys as slow as treacle in the same team no thanks.

We dont need pace as we're already in their half anyway! We need guile.
We just need the "final 3rd one-two's" we saw in the Coventry and Motherwell games :))

it absolutely astounds me that we found the key in those games (SG was asked why Coventry chosen for friendly, was it to pit us against low-block? He said Yeah!),

That joe/Alfie combo and the joe/alfie/hagi play against Motherwell should've been on Repeat in team video-viewing sessions and drummed into all forward players that it was/is the key. Movement/assists inside the box, never assume the team-mate in possession only has a direct option.

I will be vacating the match thread as soon as the teams have been announced. The knives will be out before the teams are. All rationality on here has, by and large, disappeared under a deluge of shitty Twitter one-liners.
I remember our 1st game in 2018 under Gerrard. Some poster was saying after 20 minutes "still the same shite"

Do you think Gerrard is standing on the touch line pulling his hair out? Those slow 5-10 yard passes are by design. Jack and Kamara aren’t just dicking around, they’re doing what they’ve been told and trained to do.

The idea is obviously to continually recycling possession and pull defences around in creating openings, but as we saw last weekend, some sides don’t fall for that easily and more or less stick with their massed blocks of defenders happy to stay put and bat the questions back at us.

Without a doubt we should be moving the ball much quicker - we did this in the first half of last season extremely well for example - but when it isn’t working, when players aren’t on their game and the whole system is beginning to fall down, that’s when we could do with a proper plan B, or for that matter C and D.

Clearly although I'd be expecting him to realise what they are doing isn't being executed properly nor effective. A bit of in game intelligence wouldn't go amiss either

He said we threw everything at Livi?

Christ :oops:

Morelos, Itten, Roofe, Kent, Hagi, Arfield, Barker. The only attack-minded players we have who didn't get 'thrown at them' were Aribo and Stewart. I discount Jones and Murphy as they might as well not be there.

Did you watch Killie v the mentally challengeds mate?

They had Brown and McGregor playing as defensive midfielders and Killie could still easily have had a couple more goals.

They caused Celtic plenty of problems on the break and will try to counter us way more than Livingston.
Point is I don’t think maintaining two defensive uncreative ( over cautious ) midfielders is going to help us create more which is the problem without Aribo. We need to press teams high and force mistakes high up the pitch and in numbers to exploit it. If we’re fearful about not playing two defensive midfielders against against Kilmarnock at home, we should chuck it.

Point is I don’t think maintaining two defensive uncreative ( over cautious ) midfielders is going to help us create more which is the problem without Aribo. We need to press teams high and force mistakes high up the pitch and in numbers to exploit it. If we’re fearful about not playing two defensive midfielders against against Kilmarnock at home, we should chuck it.

The mentally challengeds played 2 against them a couple of weeks ago and leaked 1, but it could easily have been 3 or 4.

Morelos, Itten, Roofe, Kent, Hagi, Arfield, Barker. The only attack-minded players we have who didn't get 'thrown at them' were Aribo and Stewart. I discount Jones and Murphy as they might as well not be there.

And in terms of genuine quality chances, we really had two shots to show for it.

I see ‘throwing everything‘ as not just changing players, but a complete change in mentality as well which I don’t think happened.

Either way, it was all too late.

Hagi and roofe must step up been enough games from pre season and league to be up too speed not the season for needing 15 game so find form it's now or never

It's Hagi time....he has to start producing and this would be a great time.
WMI0po4.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back