Bar 72 and MyGers. Update

The access to tickets is definitely A bonus, have they confirmed this will be the case?

yeah it was confirmed that we will now be lumped in with the corporates With our own allocation. While I think a lot of people won’t renew I reckon there will be a surge of people who currently pay £3/4K a year for some of the other suites as bar72 includes all games and it will be good value to those people

For those asking about the cost, it’s confirmed in here.

Access to tickets has been confirmed however there will surely be occasions were demand outstrips supply.

Sorry if already covered, but where did that come from bud? I'm in Bar 72 and have only received the standard renewal info, i.e. it will be £1440 for next season but the renovations are put back a year. No info on following season including the bigger price hike.

Communication from the Club is pretty poor, although no doubt working from home like everyone else not helping.

Sorry if already covered, but where did that come from bud? I'm in Bar 72 and have only received the standard renewal info, i.e. it will be £1440 for next season but the renovations are put back a year. No info on following season including the bigger price hike.

Communication from the Club is pretty poor, although no doubt working from home like everyone else not helping.

The club sent one to me on request. Email then if you want one. However - You'll get a copy with your confirmation email when you Renew I was told.

A pie, a pint and a programme, cash bar and cash food and all first team games. A complete nonsense. Bearing in mind the service tends not to be the fastest, it's hard to get a hot cup of tea/coffee and the bog windows are screwed shut and stink of shite. Apart from that, it's a good view from the seat in the stadium. :)

That's mental money for what you get.

The increase is laughable.

They clearly want that space for the prawn sandwich brigade.

We are really in a bit of conundrum. six of us sit together and are split over what to do. General consensus is that we would stay the coming year but jack it the year after. One of the guys spoke to Pippa, who said she was really helpful, but basically cant offer us any alternatives in terms of tickets. the chance of the six of getting decent seats elsewhere is going to be slim.

As others have said we can live with £1,440 but the following year is whole new level. The communication has been extremely poor.

Oh well, I was undecided due to waiting on replies to my emails re the season not starting or behind closed doors re refunds. If next seasons prices are correct then they can ram it. This season sees an increase with the same shite TV's, and decor. Wat is it next season. A pint, a chaser, chips with the free pie and a standard seat in the bar
Well you also get to watch a football match

I’m also in Bar 72 and looks like I’m not alone in saying the communication from the club has been incredibly poor

@Greg Marshall - perhaps this can be fed back to the club ?

I’ve not had a chance to go through the full thread. Is it the coms on the price change that concerns you?

Greg, folk are being forced out their seats, the club talks about Loyalty. No communication to us who sit there regarding next season, £1400 in the current climate is just about palatable but an extra grand the following season is just sheer daylight robbery. No way I can afford that. I bought Bar 72 along with 3 mates and my dad, we all loved the casual experience of it all, having no hassle in securing tickets for Euro games etc as they were included

Now it feels we are being forced out to accommodate a different type of supporter/client, If that's the case I will just give it in all together, forget about membership schemes the lot.

Disgusted the way the club has communicated this and all with no fan engagement

Greg, folk are being forced out their seats, the club talks about Loyalty. No communication to us who sit there regarding next season, £1400 in the current climate is just about palatable but an extra grand the following season is just sheer daylight robbery. No way I can afford that. I bought Bar 72 along with 3 mates and my dad, we all loved the casual experience of it all, having no hassle in securing tickets for Euro games etc as they were included

Now it feels we are being forced out to accommodate a different type of supporter/client, If that's the case I will just give it in all together, forget about membership schemes the lot.

Disgusted the way the club has communicated this and all with no fan engagement

Whilst I have no qualms about the club attempting to increase revenue, I don’t want it done at the cost of forcing people out in such a blunt manner.

Particularly when a cornerstone of the clubs safe standing/moving the UBs argument is that they don’t want to force people out of their seats...

Agreed. If they are frozen then there isn't really any need for us all to buy separate MyGers accounts as we don't all go to away games. If one of us gets discounts that are tbc then that's sufficient.

Often wonder - how many tickets are corporate VIP season ticket holders allowed to apply for? I assume it is one per season ticket?

It's just that I was aware of a friend in the members lounge and they can apply for a couple of tickets each I think?

Ps. Who told you we don't require a MyGers account to get away domestic and European tickets Arky?

as far as i'm aware once we get this new banding in July thats it ........all our Travel club points are incorporated into our new totals and we'll all have MyGers points ........ happy to be corrected if wong

I’ve not had a chance to go through the full thread. Is it the coms on the price change that concerns you?

@Greg Marshall Many people were not aware of the significant increase for 21/22, the brochure has only been sent out on request.

The 'brochure' doesn't actually tell us much, a little more clarity on what that increase will encompass would be good? I know we have been put in a separate away ticket allocation, how exactly will that work?

There will be many other questions from posters on this thread.

An increase from £1,060 in season 19/20 to £2,366 in 21/22 really should have come with some clear & concise information. What is the real benefit of the £1,306 increase?

Last edited:
A few things Greg

Why did the club go to the time, effort and cost of producing a brochure to then not send it out to all Bar 72 season ticket holders ? I assume the vast majority are completely unaware of price hike next season

Away tickets - had to come on to FF to find out Bar 72 seats now classed as corporate for the classification of away tickets, nothing from the club

MyGer - no communication from the club as to what Bar 72 holders should do. Betting many have joined up to the scheme even though a different scheme is being produced for Bar 72

It’s frustrating that none of this was laid out clearly by the club. Almost like they hadn’t thought of it and are now being reactive

Asking people to pay a hell of a lot of money compared to what they paid before - communication has been poor

Where you getting £3,400 from ?

I know next year it’s £1,972 plus vat - assumed that was it for price hikes

I was replied to in the whose renewed thread. Got it from there. “bar72 prices are £1440 season 21/22 it's £2400 season 22/23 it's £3500”

Just want to see official confirmation of this because I was hoping to move to bar72 this season but if they are ramping the costs up like the above then it’ll be out of my league.

I suppose the club are taking into account how many extra games with Europe and Cup games the bar 72 tickets get included

Even still that's a huge rise in prices, especially if there aren't any seats available elsewhere for people

Exactly this.

I'm thinking I'll bail out this year and see what alternative seat they offer before next year when you all bail out and will be looking for alternative seats.

There will be a big exodus at £2366.00 next year. No value in that at all.
I’m bailing out this season and that was part of my thinking as well. Will be loads looking to move next season and it could be tricky getting something decent.

It's good to see so many of us concerned about this price hike, I'd be happy to pay around £1500 but I don't really want to be a corporate client either.

The communication about these changes has been poor, and if it wasn't for people digging about and asking for brochures I wouldn't be aware of the price hike for 21-22. Crazy really when we don't even know what's happening for 20-21.

I suppose the club are taking into account how many extra games with Europe and Cup games the bar 72 tickets get included

Even still that's a huge rise in prices, especially if there aren't any seats available elsewhere for people
We could just as easily go out in the qualifiers again though. Can’t automatically assume we’ll have all these games.

I posted this on another thread but I don’t think the current occupants of Bar 72 will be happy having to sit quietly listening to Q&As with players every week. It has a certain atmosphere just now, just like a pub, but that will all change. Folk want to be able to sit or stand and have a conversation with their mates and occasionally shout at the televisions when games are on.

Think the posts above have captured all my thoughts on it.

In a period where the economy is fukced the club has largely looked after all season ticket holders which has been a great gesture.

Conversely, at the same time they've totally shafted B72 ticket holders who are being asked to pay 33% for for the same staff and facilities that haven't been of the required standard for a number of years. That is shameful.

I spoke to the club last week about the communication issue, or lack of it. Apparently the intention was to have an open day at Bar72 on 4th April to showcase the new plans etc but covid happened. That wouldn’t really have suited me as I don’t stay in Glasgow. We’re also supposed to be getting further communication this month but I’ll admit I’m still unhappy with the whole thing. The person I spoke to was helpful enough so I was perfectly civil with them.

I spoke to the club last week about the communication issue, or lack of it. Apparently the intention was to have an open day at Bar72 on 4th April to showcase the new plans etc but covid happened. That wouldn’t really have suited me as I don’t stay in Glasgow. We’re also supposed to be getting further communication this month but I’ll admit I’m still unhappy with the whole thing. The person I spoke to was helpful enough so I was perfectly civil with them.

The decision on Bar 72 was taken above Natalie and Pippa, no point taking out frustrations on them. Plus, both have been excellent and very helpful whenever I've spoken to them in the last couple of weeks.

Tell you what, we should all get together and fire in an email, I know of at least 20 folk who sit in there plus the ones on here, if we could get 100 folk surely the club would need to listen

They'll likely tell you there's a focus group coming etc. But, hopefully a few of us in this thread are invited along to join the focus group.

I think the club have massively missed the point of why people choose to sit in Bar72.

Moved from Bar72 a few years ago to GF1. A fair few fans in Bar72 will be priced out in the next couple of years and will struggle to find decent seats elsewhere in the stadium. Massive hike in price but the club obviously know they will sell them.

As many have said the communication from the Club has been incredibly poor. This years increase is a sore one but what is being proposed for the season after is a disgrace. I think the way the Club is treating the fans in Bar 72 is deplorable. I understand the Club want to increase Corporate Revenue but this is at the expense of fans who showed incredible loyalty when it was needed most. it seems forgotten that we paid £1000 for 4 years with no European football, glamour friendlies and domestic games against the likes of Annan. That has been ignored and in my view given the current situation is shortsighted and frankly disrespectful. Four of us had indicated we would renew but I now wonder what’s the point. There is no way we will pay the money they are looking for next season and if you’re looking for seats together the expected drop in uptake for tickets might make this the best season to move

One of our guys spoke to Natalie yesterday. Demand for Bar/Club 72 is very high. The waiting list is extensive and there are people from other “hospitality” areas looking to move there if space becomes available!

My personal opinion is that if anyone gives up their seat it will be almost impossible to ever return there. Nobody wants to pay a hike in price but I think we have had a very reasonable deal over the last two years. The club needs to maximise revenue streams - price rises here look an obvious tactic.

i have been in B72 for about 5 years now & have already renewed.

They'll likely tell you there's a focus group coming etc. But, hopefully a few of us in this thread are invited along to join the focus group.

I think the club have massively missed the point of why people choose to sit in Bar72.

I think they are also under some kind of impression that the majority of folk in there are either so well heeled that doubling the price is nothing to them or that they can write it off against tax as a business expense.

Either that or not a fuc.k is given. If the majority of ST holders were being given this approach there would be a fucking riot at the front door that’s for sure.

One of our guys spoke to Natalie yesterday. Demand for Bar/Club 72 is very high. The waiting list is extensive and there are people from other “hospitality” areas looking to move there if space becomes available!

My personal opinion is that if anyone gives up their seat it will be almost impossible to ever return there. Nobody wants to pay a hike in price but I think we have had a very reasonable deal over the last two years. The club needs to maximise revenue streams - price rises here look an obvious tactic.

There needs to be transparency then of projected price increases in the future. I can just about stomach 21/22 but if it was to rise to £3,500 in 22/23 as mooted by another poster I would probably reconsider.

What is proposed in 21/22 does not justify a cost of £3,500 by a long way, I cannot see the ‘hospitality’ element when you are paying for everything barring one pint plus a pie & a programme that nobody really wants.

The cynic in me thinks the club has deliberately tried to withhold the season 21/22 cost as they know it will outrage a lot of fans.
The only people that will be happy are the ones currently paying 4K plus for hospitality for just league games who will now be happy to pay half for all games and just buy their own drinks

Last edited:
Back