Bar 72 and MyGers. Update

Found this thread really helpful to hear others views but also quite depressing -been in bar 72 for a number of years - but virtually decided to call time this year - I had considered one last year but as someone who doesn’t use the facilities and seeing what is coming re price - pretty certain I am going to give up my seat - it’s not just the cost I do feel the price increase for this year was slightly tactless re the wider economic climate but also the change in the ambience in the bar - corporate not really appealing
I hope the least the club could do is help those season ticket holders no longer wishing or able to take out their season ticket -

No. It’s 5% or 7.5%. So basically only 2.5% for the season finishing early

Im about to pay it but was under the impression it would be 7.5%, what if the decision about the season isn’t finalised until after the 29 may 5% deadline?

Which is probably the £3400+ that somebody posted for ‘season 21/22’ - it’s actually the combined price for 20/21 and 21/22? So the £3400+ figure maybe doesn’t exist, somebody just read it wrong?

Thats the point i was making above.

Im about to pay it but was under the impression it would be 7.5%, what if the decision about the season isn’t finalised until after the 29 may 5% deadline?

I queried it by email and was told 'With regards to the 7.5% you are reading it correctly. If you are settling the full amount before the 29th of May you will now be entitled to a 7.5% discount instead of 5%.'

I queried it by email and was told 'With regards to the 7.5% you are reading it correctly. If you are settling the full amount before the 29th of May you will now be entitled to a 7.5% discount instead of 5%.'

I paid a couple of weeks ago - discount 5% then. One of our guys was paying today - discount 7.5%. I emailed and it is confirmed - discount is 7.5%. A refund of £36 will be paid back. They wanted my bank details to do this.

Thanks for that.
The die is now cast.
Perhaps my next sensible financial decision of the day will be to contact one of those pleasant Nigerian chaps by email to discuss an interesting proposal they have for me.

Had the same email
I paid a couple of weeks ago - discount 5% then. One of our guys was paying today - discount 7.5%. I emailed and it is confirmed - discount is 7.5%. A refund of £36 will be paid back. They wanted my bank details to do this.
I had the same email and an offer to use £35 for VIP MyGers membership. Had already paid £40 to join so it was suggested they cancel that membership and use refund for £35 one! Swings and roundabout.

Had the same email

I had the same email and an offer to use £35 for VIP MyGers membership. Had already paid £40 to join so it was suggested they cancel that membership and use refund for £35 one! Swings and roundabout.

Exactly the same for me. I had £40 and £35 taken from my account and await reimbursement.

Have you all had an email about VIP MyGers ? Or do you need to ask for it ?

Never got an email, joined MyGers and had it refunded and reprocessed as VIP. In MyGers T&C’s (that I never bothered reading) it tells us to contact the Hospitality Dept. direct.

@Greg Marshall - when does the info on VIP Mygers get sent out

That's a very good point. What are the differences between the VIP and the standard MyGers?

If they are less advantageous or we intend moving out of Club 72 for season 21/22 - because we will then be effectively 'priced out' - can we opt to join the standard membership?

That's a very good point. What are the differences between the VIP and the standard MyGers?

If they are less advantageous or we intend moving out of Club 72 for season 21/22 - because we will then be effectively 'priced out' - can we opt to join the standard membership?
I wonder if you can join the “normal” MyGers if in Bar 72 ?

You’d rack up the points as you’d be effectively buying a ticket for every friendly, cup game and Euro game and now it with the added benefit of away games

Actually - sounds better to join the standard MyGers

I’m sure RFC will have thought this all out though....

I wonder if you can join the “normal” MyGers if in Bar 72 ?

You’d rack up the points as you’d be effectively buying a ticket for every friendly, cup game and Euro game and now it with the added benefit of away games

Actually - sounds better to join the standard MyGers

I’m sure RFC will have thought this all out though....

My perception is it won’t be much different than the standard one, it’s just cheaper as the away ticket process and allocation is different.

@George Goudie your points transfer with you if you move from VIP, post #123 I think confirms :)

My perception is it won’t be much different than the standard one, it’s just cheaper as the away ticket process and allocation is different.

There is a 1 page pdf flier that comes with the confirmation of VIP MyGers membership

The paragraph that seemed to stand out states:-

“VIP clients with a MyGers membership will have their ticket requests for all competitions managed by the Rangers Hospitality Team.”

There is a 1 page pdf flier that comes with the confirmation of VIP MyGers membership

The paragraph that seemed to stand out states:-

“VIP clients with a MyGers membership will have their ticket requests for all competitions managed by the Rangers Hospitality Team.”

We didn’t get confirmation of membership, maybe still to come.

This is a part of the email from Natalie. The pdf attachment came with her email. The confirmation came by separate email.

“Hi GD,

Sorry for the late reply.

I have now discovered I can cancel your original booking and process you through the VIP mygers scheme.

I have attached some information on this.

You should receive some emails and refund and new purchase.
Kind Regards“

Spoke to Pippa today on a number of queries and found her very helpful. I believe we are to receive a further email explaining in more detail the bar72 MyGers membership. Starting to turn my thoughts round now (previously wtf!) towards the 2 year deal which saves a lot of cash in the long run. Will await the further comma from Rangers before making a final decision

If that's true then I'm out, I wont be buying any season ticket or membership scheme. %^*& that, daylight robbery

If the tickets are good for every game and you get a free pie, pint and programme then it probably isn't that bad. For me it's conditional on EVERY game being included and getting the advertised 'free' benefits in every game as an individual.

This season you've got roughly 4 friendlies, 19 league games, 9 European games and 3 in the Cup to make 35 games for £2400. Obviously there's the COVID-19 refund but you aren't normally factoring anything like that in. If anything, the poor cup runs and lack of replays is probably offset by the extra European games skewed towards value for them.

Dividing £2400 by 35 games gives £68 a game and while that's pretty dear, I'd need to see how it compares to similar seats in the Main Stand. I have no real idea of how much a pie, pint and programme are these days but I'm not sure you'd get all three for much less than £10. £10 at 35 games takes another £350 off the price theoretically for each person.

According to my horribly simplistic and open to immediate scrutiny calculations, that's roughly around £60 per game if you're making the most of the 'free' things you get. I don't think that's particularly unreasonable for a hospitality-lite experience and would like to know where I'm going obviously and massively wrong here. I used to really enjoy it when I sat there and think that a big part of it is the experience around it as much as the price/seat. We could get in at 1.30pm (or whenever it opened) and you'd get to spend time with the other person you're with watching the football. At half-time you get to get inside when it's freezing for a bit and the toilets are better. After the game, you've got the cash bar opportunity to spend more time with the person you've went with and the added bonus of an extra game on TV to watch (usually) and missing the Subway rush.

I'm not in the business of selling Bar72 tickets but if I'm right about the above, I'm open to it.

If the tickets are good for every game and you get a free pie, pint and programme then it probably isn't that bad. For me it's conditional on EVERY game being included and getting the advertised 'free' benefits in every game as an individual.

This season you've got roughly 4 friendlies, 19 league games, 9 European games and 3 in the Cup to make 35 games for £2400. Obviously there's the COVID-19 refund but you aren't normally factoring anything like that in. If anything, the poor cup runs and lack of replays is probably offset by the extra European games skewed towards value for them.

Dividing £2400 by 35 games gives £68 a game and while that's pretty dear, I'd need to see how it compares to similar seats in the Main Stand. I have no real idea of how much a pie, pint and programme are these days but I'm not sure you'd get all three for much less than £10. £10 at 35 games takes another £350 off the price theoretically for each person.

According to my horribly simplistic and open to immediate scrutiny calculations, that's roughly around £60 per game if you're making the most of the 'free' things you get. I don't think that's particularly unreasonable for a hospitality-lite experience and would like to know where I'm going obviously and massively wrong here. I used to really enjoy it when I sat there and think that a big part of it is the experience around it as much as the price/seat. We could get in at 1.30pm (or whenever it opened) and you'd get to spend time with the other person you're with watching the football. At half-time you get to get inside when it's freezing for a bit and the toilets are better. After the game, you've got the cash bar opportunity to spend more time with the person you've went with and the added bonus of an extra game on TV to watch (usually) and missing the Subway rush.

I'm not in the business of selling Bar72 tickets but if I'm right about the above, I'm open to it.
Good points and roughly how I’ve worked it out also. Bear in mind the savings you would make if you got the 2 year deal it should work out at roughly £1600 per season after discounts. Factor in your minimum £10 freebie per game makes it even cheaper. Still a lot of money for a ticket though, think you should still qualify for the discount if you pay in instalments but that’s not what hospitality does seemingly

The obvious flaw being the possibility of getting papped out in the first qualifier. Then you’re back to being £89 a game with a single drink on arrival and a pie and a programme for your £2400.

And you could get a run of away cup games.

A pandemic could come and you might end up with about 15 home games in a season. But you’ll get £25 back or 2.5% discount on the following year.

Sorry, I’m still not getting it. I liked the relaxed, informal style for £1100 a year. No messing and no q&a sessions.

The obvious flaw being the possibility of getting papped out in the first qualifier. Then you’re back to being £89 a game with a single drink on arrival and a pie and a programme for your £2400.

A pandemic could come and you might end up with about 15 home games in a season. But you’ll get £25 back or 2.5% discount on the following year.

Sorry, I’m still not getting it. I liked the relaxed, informal style for £1100 a year. No messing and no q&a sessions.
I mentioned this in my call today, if you were to ask everyone currently in bar72 I’m sure a high number would keep it the way it it’s maybe with a couple of small tweaks. This is geared for hospitality and the format that comes with it. If fans take hospitality as a one off for a random game and we get beaten, they still pay over the odds on a single game basis where the comparison of a European knock out situation. It’s always been a gamble in that respect in bar 72, thankfully the last couple of seasons it has been worth it, the previous years not so much

Who really wants to listen to the same old stories from the same old players every 2nd week? That’s not being disrespectful, but once is enough.

From an outsider looking in, I would be fuming with the new set up.

Pie and a pint is fine while watching the early kick offs talking away to your mates. No one wants to sit in silence and listen to Mark Hateley’s story about receiving a suspicious phone call prior to the Marseille game - however an interesting story it was the first time we heard it. Once is enough.

Same logic as getting to the final of every competition in my eyes. 2008 you probably saved money.

All great in theory but paying £68.00 for a friendly? Paying £68.00 for Hamilton on wednesday night, All the sunday games, all the games you cant make the most of. I dont buy programmes, not interested in a wee lanyard for round my neck.

Also it's not only about the price, Bar 72 was always about risk and reward, it's about the fact folk bought into it as it was a casual experience, folk have sat there through the bad times paying upwards of £900 for the pleasure, folk have paid over £1000 for Caixhina getting us pumped of Progress and now £1440 is a helluva jump from ££1068.00 and then next season another £960.00 jump!!! Rangers are at it, talk about loyalty when in fact if they engaged with us who sit in there they would have realised no one wanted it, now its %^*& you jack, pay up or ship out which quite frankly is a disgrace unless they can guarantee us a seat elsewhere which I have yet to see, only given priority!

Who really wants to listen to the same old stories from the same old players every 2nd week? That’s not being disrespectful, but once is enough.

From an outsider looking in, I would be fuming with the new set up.

Pie and a pint is fine while watching the early kick offs talking away to your mates. No one wants to sit in silence and listen to Mark Hateley’s story about receiving a suspicious phone call prior to the Marseille game - however an interesting story it was the first time we heard it. Once is enough.

to be honest I totally agree but going by the brochure there will no longer be an east and west. One is going to be a bar and the other more of a lounge area with tables. I presume that means that the q and a will be in one so you will be able to escape into the other room if you want peace

I’m sure there is an invite to ticket holders to discuss the way forward for club72? The prices are set regardless of what the extra content is so asking to remove the q&a for example, which I agree is not appealing, wouldn’t change the price

I watched the video on YT with James Bisgrove from the commercial department on & when he was discussing matchday "experiences" he kept using the words "maximising" & "premium" frequently in the same sentence & this is what the Bar 72 increase is all about. Basically they want the regular punters out & more corporate clients in & they way they've tried to do it by hiking the prices & effectively trying to force folk out is really shoddy treatment of loyal fans by the Club.

I watched the video on YT with James Bisgrove from the commercial department on & when he was discussing matchday "experiences" he kept using the words "maximising" & "premium" frequently in the same sentence & this is what the Bar 72 increase is all about. Basically they want the regular punters out & more corporate clients in & they way they've tried to do it by hiking the prices & effectively trying to force folk out is really shoddy treatment of loyal fans by the Club.
Yes 100%, they know the demand is there and dress it up whatever way they want, it is about maximising revenue and the loyal fans that have paid good money for years will lose out one way or another

Same logic as getting to the final of every competition in my eyes. 2008 you probably saved money.
You’re going back 12 years there mate. Can you point out the last time we reached a final in every competition?

You should speak to Natalie and Pippa about a marketing job in hospitality.

You’re going back 12 years there mate. Can you point out the last time we reached a final in every competition?

You should speak to Natalie and Pippa about a marketing job in hospitality.

I think you can write off 2012 to last year due to the whole liquidation and starting from the ground up thing. Moving forward, I'd expect a similar number of games to this year - again minus COVID-19.

I think you can write off 2012 to last year due to the whole liquidation and starting from the ground up thing. Moving forward, I'd expect a similar number of games to this year - again minus COVID-19.
Okay, so this year we've had 31 games and we won't see another one.

At the £2.4k rate it would have worked out at £77.50 a game. That includes meaningless games against Oxford United, Marseille, Blackburn Rovers and Derby County. All them would have been in the average price of £77.50 when other season ticket holders are getting these games for £10 or £15 pounds.

Early Europa games against St Joseph's, Progres and Mydtjylland were priced at £17 and Bar72 would still be the average of £77.50 per game.

That's not even mentioning the other dross in our league that visits Ibrox on a midweek or Sunday.

Nope, I'm sorry, I'm still not getting it.

Last edited:

At the £2.4k rate it would have worked out at £77.50 a game. That includes meaningless games against Oxford United, Marseille, Blackburn Rovers and Derby County. All them would have been in the average price of £77.50 when other season ticket holders are getting these games for £10 or £15 pounds.

Early Europa games against St Joseph's, Progres and Mydtjylland wer price at £17 and Bar72 would still be the average of £77.50 per game.

That's not even mentioning the other dross in our league that visits Ibrox on a midweek or Sunday.

What position are you coming from here? Have you had one in the past, do you currently have one or are you thinking about getting it?

Early Europa games against St Joseph's, Progres and Mydtjylland wer price at £17 and Bar72 would still be the average of £77.50 per game.

I agree .This price rise is a rip off. The Club may be surprised if they think there will be a queue of people rushing to take this up. They clearly have no regard for the fans who have paid a lot of money over the years.Bar 72 appealed to fans like me who wanted a bit extra comfort but weren’t interested in hospitality. Why the Club simply cannot use another area to extend hospitality and leave Bar 72 alone baffles me. I am sure many other fans feel like me and that to do away with this is short sighted

What position are you coming from here? Have you had one in the past, do you currently have one or are you thinking about getting it?
My position is I've had one in Bar72 East then Bar72 West for the last 8 years (along with my bother). Paid a premium of between £700.00 and £1099.00 and in that time and now, without any consultation, being asked for year on year price busting rises when the rest of the stadium is on price freeze. I now feel pretty pissed off with the lack of comms that I'm now considering a seat move or chucking it altogether. That's where I'm coming from.

From where we are with price last year to next year is no value for money - to me.

I agree .This price rise is a rip off. The Club may be surprised if they think there will be a queue of people rushing to take this up. They clearly have no regard for the fans who have paid a lot of money over the years.Bar 72 appealed to fans like me who wanted a bit extra comfort but weren’t interested in hospitality. Why the Club simply cannot use another area to extend hospitality and leave Bar 72 alone baffles me. I am sure many other fans feel like me and that to do away with this is short sighted

ultimately the club know they are arguably the best seats in the house. Certainly a lot better that any seats in the Thornton suite for example

It's all about if you want to spend that type of money and you can afford it,because lets be honest of late the product has been pretty poor then again we go because we are all blue noses No Surrender.

Back