Bar 72 and MyGers. Update

Club are missing a trick here in renovating/repurposing part of the Club Deck.

It could very easily have a Bar72 feel - be a lot bigger and punch in at that sensible price point.
What part of the club deck are you suggesting? I don’t want priced out my seat lol

What part of the club deck are you suggesting? I don’t want priced out my seat lol

It will only be £3000 in 2 seasons time, don’t worry about it. :)

You could take a good junk of the club deck and repurpose. You could look at a central block like CD4, or, take 5-10 rows across the stand.

From memory, must be about 330 seats wide in the club deck, that could be 3,000 pseudo hospitality light seats, with a decent concourse area, cash bar etc. (Think B72 at present).

Stick it in at £1500 all in, then I suspect you sell that out 3x over.

One of our guys spoke to Natalie yesterday. Demand for Bar/Club 72 is very high. The waiting list is extensive and there are people from other “hospitality” areas looking to move there if space becomes available!

My personal opinion is that if anyone gives up their seat it will be almost impossible to ever return there. Nobody wants to pay a hike in price but I think we have had a very reasonable deal over the last two years. The club needs to maximise revenue streams - price rises here look an obvious tactic.

i have been in B72 for about 5 years now & have already renewed.
Don’t be sucked in by the marketing hype from hospitality doing their job to sell the product.

If there’s a load of punters wanting to downgrade from the £4K packages to half the price for Bar72.....it only leaves them with the problem of finding new punters to sell the £4K packages in this climate of uncertainty. There’s a difference between showing an interest and handing over the hard cash.

This thread shows that people are questioning the value for money of the increase. If not this year, definitely next year.

The communication and loyalty from the club to punters in Bar72 is shocking. Of course they’ve tried to keep next years price under the radar. Otherwise it would have been included in the renewal emails.

It will only be £3000 in 2 seasons time, don’t worry about it. :)

You could take a good junk of the club deck and repurpose. You could look at a central block like CD4, or, take 5-10 rows across the stand.

From memory, must be about 330 seats wide in the club deck, that could be 3,000 pseudo hospitality light seats, with a decent concourse area, cash bar etc. (Think B72 at present).

Stick it in at £1500 all in, then I suspect you sell that out 3x over.

It’s probably a good idea as the demand would certainly be there for supporters happy to pay roughly what bar72 used to be. The only issue is that the people currently sitting there will face the same rubbish choices we are being made to make at the moment

It’s probably a good idea as the demand would certainly be there for supporters happy to pay roughly what bar72 used to be. The only issue is that the people currently sitting there will face the same rubbish choices we are being made to make at the moment

I think if you tied it into the release of a safe standing zone, you could quite nicely shuffle people about the stadium.

I know we are hamstrung and times have been tough, but some great opportunities to revolutionise Ibrox again, without huge capital costs.

Don’t be sucked in by the marketing hype from hospitality doing their job to sell the product.

If there’s a load of punters wanting to downgrade from the £4K packages to half the price for Bar72.....it only leaves them with the problem of finding new punters to sell the £4K packages in this climate of uncertainty. There’s a difference between showing an interest and handing over the hard cash.

This thread shows that people are questioning the value for money of the increase. If not this year, definitely next year.

The communication and loyalty from the club to punters in Bar72 is shocking. Of course they’ve tried to keep next years price under the radar. Otherwise it would have been included in the renewal emails.
I am moving from Bar 72 to club europe. I was speaking to them in regards to it yesterday they have someone in Club Europe wanting to do a straight swap even through I wanted to keep my season ticket in bar 72 or change the name. if i move to club europe i need to give up my bar72 seat.

I am moving from Bar 72 to club europe. I was speaking to them in regards to it yesterday they have someone in Club Europe wanting to do a straight swap even through I wanted to keep my season ticket in bar 72 or change the name. if i move to club europe i need to give up my bar72 seat.

If you are willing to pay for both how can they tell you, you can’t keep season tickets ?

how much is club Europe? If bar72 is going to end up £3000 plus in a couple of years it might be worth paying a bit more and actually get food and drink included

If you are willing to pay for both how can they tell you, you can’t keep season tickets ?
I have no idea i thought they would have allowed that but she said as someone from there wants to move i would need to give up bar 72. as already said before on the posts they have several other people from Hospitality areas that trying to move to bar 72 also people with normal seats looking to move up to bar 72 they said the demand for bar 72 is very high.

it’s 3k plus vat but like you say free food and drink i can fire in a good shift for at like lol

it’s a decent option in that case. It’s all silly money but thing I am annoyed about most is that we are basically being asked to pay double with very little difference to the product we are served

she also said they normally don’t move people around etc until after the renewals but due to the high demand for bar 72 they are away to start doing it just now.

it’s a decent option in that case. It’s all silly money but thing I am annoyed about most is that we are basically being asked to pay double with very little difference to the product we are served
also club europe only covers home games league games. for european games. cups etc you need to buy an additional package.

The reason you cant swap or transfer is that hospitality tickets are non transferable, says it on the renewal, you cant even change names. Seems to me that if you dont use your bar 72 ticket then you need to put it up for secondary seating rather than giving it to a mate like current. Having your own lanyard would make sense with that concept

The reason you cant swap or transfer is that hospitality tickets are non transferable, says it on the renewal, you cant even change names. Seems to me that if you dont use your bar 72 ticket then you need to put it up for secondary seating rather than giving it to a mate like current. Having your own lanyard make sense with that concept

Secondary ticketing is not operational in the new set up as far as I understand.

Just got email from rangers as I was asking about the mygers membership and I got an email back with attachment stating that there is a ‘vip mygers’ which is £35.

I asked the question about what happens if you decide in a few years time if you move to somewhere else in the ground and all points accrued will be moved With you which is good.
As mentioned previously it was confirmed that seatsub will not be available to use for those in bar72 so basically you can’t sell the seat back to the club

Some of the figures quoted on this thread are mental.

I know it's probably the going rate but the Club appear to be taking the p**s in all honesty particularly with the Bar 72 communication.

And change your username! :)

she also said they normally don’t move people around etc until after the renewals but due to the high demand for bar 72 they are away to start doing it just now.

When I explained I wanted to move I was told to hang on and not worry about it at the moment as the renewals have a long way to go. I think the Bar72 waiting list will turn out to be far lower than that it was when people are made aware of the new costs involved.

If you decide not to renew Bar72 and want an alternative seat, do you need to renew Bar72 first then ask for a transfer?

nowhere does it say 3500. Seems hes just made it up

That’s unfair. On the previous thread a poster(IIRC the one who effectively broke the news about the increase to 2.5k) had stated that he’d been in detailed, lengthy discussions with officials at the club who had revealed that that was the ultimate long term price aim per season.

Whilst not confirmed by the club in writing (lol) , the person seemed legit and reasonable enough.

That’s unfair. On the previous thread a poster(IIRC the one who effectively broke the news about the increase to 2.5k) had stated that he’d been in detailed, lengthy discussions with officials at the club who had revealed that that was the ultimate long term price aim per season.

Whilst not confirmed by the club in writing (lol) , the person seemed legit and reasonable enough.

wasnt meant to be in anyway unfair. Apologises if i came across that way.

If you decide not to renew Bar72 and want an alternative seat, do you need to renew Bar72 first then ask for a transfer?

when I asked to move to club europe they said the best thing is two renew and depending where you go they will either give you money back or you need to pay more.

if you thinking of a move i would think it would be best to ask like them now as soon as possible.

Last edited:
The reason you cant swap or transfer is that hospitality tickets are non transferable, says it on the renewal, you cant even change names. Seems to me that if you dont use your bar 72 ticket then you need to put it up for secondary seating rather than giving it to a mate like current. Having your own lanyard would make sense with that concept
That rules out one of the options I was thinking about. I was possibly going to renew then advertise for a swap somewhere else in the stadium for a decent seating option and adjust with cost difference. If non-transferable, that option isn't possible.

When I asked my options for alternatives, Natalie replied that we would be prioritised for transfers before general transfers but she didn't tell me to renew first, that would be a bit mental and goes against the non-transferable terms & conditions if you had to renew first then move.

we would be prioritised for transfers before general transfers but she didn't tell me to renew first, that would be a bit mental and goes against the non-transferable terms & conditions if you had to renew first then move.

That's at least something. Hopefully that will apply to next season as well.

The 7.5% applies if this season isn’t finished and if you pay in full upfront, therefore does this mean that its additional to the 5% for paying up front?

Found this thread really helpful to hear others views but also quite depressing -been in bar 72 for a number of years - but virtually decided to call time this year - I had considered one last year but as someone who doesn’t use the facilities and seeing what is coming re price - pretty certain I am going to give up my seat - it’s not just the cost- I do feel the price increase for this year was slightly tactless re the wider economic climate but also the change in the ambience in the bar - corporate not really appealing
I hope the least the club could do is help those season ticket holders no longer wishing or able to take out their season ticket -

Back