Bar 72 and MyGers. Update

So there’s still nowhere official that details the steady price hike over the next three seasons?

I’ve seen bears mention it but is there anything official on it anywhere?

I was hoping for a move to bar72 and would even be will to pay the £1440 but I won’t be able to justify the price hikes for subsequent seasons.

So there’s still nowhere official that details the steady price hike over the next three seasons?

I was hoping for a move to bar72 and would even be will to pay the £1440 but I won’t be able to justify the price hikes for subsequent seasons.
It’s just so very Rangers.

Thing is, even without Coronavivus, they’d still have made an absolute kunt of it.

Basic admin. Not difficult at all, yet we’re not capable of doing it effectively.

It’s confirmed as £1,972 plus VAT for 2021/2022 (£2,366.)

And therein lies the problem for most of us. I couldn’t get a better seat hence my reluctance to move

Moved up to Bar72 in 2015 from CF3. I thought I had a good seat in CF3 until I moved to Bar72. I have no wish to move again as who knows where I would end up. Will stay as long as we can afford it.

ultimately the club know they are arguably the best seats in the house. Certainly a lot better that any seats in the Thornton suite for example
Arguably is the point here. I sit in the front row but I'm down near the Broomloan. My view is fine but there will be plenty of seats in the ground with better views. I like the fact that I'm close to the away support though with all the shenanigans that go on and I'll miss that when I move as much as anything as I won't be looking to move to the Broomloan.

Something else that's completely mental.

If I couldn't go there's no way I wouldn't be trying to sell my seat to someone.

Exactly! I travel from Northern Ireland to the games but have work commitments on Saturdays occasionally. I have always passed the ticket to someone else travelling. I’m not sure how they would know that it wasn’t actually the ticket holder gaining access.

Will there be a large 'corporate' market for the upcoming season?

This is a good point, one that I think the club have failed to assess properly in the light of covid19. Many businesses will struggle to stay afloat never mind justify splashing cash on hospitality. My guess is that this “upgrade” has been in the planning for some time and they’ve ploughed on regardless.

This is a good point, one that I think the club have failed to assess properly in the light of covid19. Many businesses will struggle to stay afloat never mind justify splashing cash on hospitality. My guess is that this “upgrade” has been in the planning for some time and they’ve ploughed on regardless.

We’ve been told that existing hospitality clients want to move to Bar72, this could well backfire as I’m not sure there’s a market right now for the more expensive areas.

As for Seatsub, the non-availability of this really defeats the purpose of the scheme i.e. making sure seats don’t lie empty, but then again the money is already in the bag. Any games I don’t make, my seat will get used one way or another.

We’ve been told that existing hospitality clients want to move to Bar72, this could well backfire as I’m not sure there’s a market right now for the more expensive areas.

As for Seatsub, the non-availability of this really defeats the purpose of the scheme i.e. making sure seats don’t lie empty, but then again the money is already in the bag. Any games I don’t make, my seat will get used one way or another.

Totally agree with this. It has probably always been in the terms and conditions that the seat is non transferable.

I’m a bit confused by the non transferable nature of bar72 now. Does it mean that if you can’t make a game that the ticket just sits empty ( ie only the name on the card is allowed in ) and can’t be past to a friend etc ?

I’m a bit confused by the non transferable nature of bar72 now. Does it mean that if you can’t make a game that the ticket just sits empty ( ie only the name on the card is allowed in ) and can’t be past to a friend etc ?

There is no chance of me letting that happen, I don’t think we can be expected to leave the seat empty.

Ridiculous & completely unenforceable unless they start checking ID on the door.

to be honest I don’t know how the could do that especially if you are a business with a few seats and you take different staff / customers weekly.

Exactly.

It's no different than folk putting their ST's on here instead of using seatsub.

I know at one of the hospitality focus groups held last year that in a breakout group - it was raised by one person that they were paying a significant amount for their ticket and the seating was not was good as say bar 72 - I believe a number agreed and bar 72 was cited as type of seating they would wish / expect for what they pay
The seats are I think as good if not better than the chairman’s club in terms of view - and I will be honest as good as the chairman’s club experience is - i preferred my seat as some of the attendees that day seemed less engaged re the football

From clubs perspective probably a no brainier and an untapped source of revenue.
I am just about certain going to ask for an alternative season ticket.

I could take the loss of £200 for games not played this season though I would have preferred the club to be more open And honest just say terms and conditions mean no obligation to refund and we need the cash.

The price rise when the rest of the stadium is price frozen showed corporate agenda prevailed over supporter interest and felt insensitive given the economic climate - I know a few self employed supporters having to give up as it’s just come at the wrong time
Even if they had price frozen for a year given the proposed changes to the decor were not able to be done it would have been a great gesture for supporters who have the most expensive season tickets (out with the hospitality tickets)
Rangers obviously keen to utilise the upcoming 150th anniversary to regrade the seats and maximise their revenue -

I will be honest not keen on paying £1400 and a high likelihood of no live football and pretty certain I won’t be getting a refund for games unplayed

I do feel like a customer rather than a supporter and club only want me to be a supporter when it suits like ignoring refunds and accepting a 35% increase

Going to speak to Natalie /Pippa and share my disappointment re approach and see if they can assist with a season ticket in another area

Oh well, I was undecided due to waiting on replies to my emails re the season not starting or behind closed doors re refunds. If next seasons prices are correct then they can ram it. This season sees an increase with the same shite TV's, and decor. Wat is it next season. A pint, a chaser, chips with the free pie and a standard seat in the bar

Rangers were clear the TVs were getting upgraded.

How can it be non-transferable?

You pay for the most expensive season ticket outwith hospitality(sic) but aren’t afforded the opportunity to use a system which benefits every other ST holder?
Is that a pisstake?

How can it be non-transferable?

You pay for the most expensive season ticket outwith hospitality(sic) but aren’t afforded the opportunity to use a system which benefits every other ST holder?
Is that a pisstake?

As far as Seatsub goes 'the complexity of the hospitality ticketing system will not allow it.' That was advised to another poster, you'd think there could be some kind of manual workaround...........

As far as Seatsub goes 'the complexity of the hospitality ticketing system will not allow it.' That was advised to another poster, you'd think there could be some kind of manual workaround...........

One of our guys who sits in B72 asked about seatsub and received this reply from Natalie

“The Seatsub scheme is not offered as a hospitality product, however your hospitality membership is transferable in the sense that it can be passed on to family/friends/colleagues.”

I don’t believe technically youre meant to pass your ticket from anywhere around Ibrox onto a friend or colleague, it is technically meant to be used only by yourself and if any trouble they can relate it back to you.

That doesn’t stop you though, of course you can hand it over to a friend. How do they plan on controlling this? Impossible

I think they mean hospitality tickets to be transferable so members can take different corporate clients each week.

It would be better value for.money at the new prices if it was opened for.away games for entry only and you buy your own food and drink. I just can't see the justification on the price rises at all.

It would be better value for.money at the new prices if it was opened for.away games for entry only and you buy your own food and drink. I just can't see the justification on the price rises at all.
I agree, I wonder if the focus group could take this up or if it’s only regarding the changes in year 2

One of our guys who sits in B72 asked about seatsub and received this reply from Natalie

“The Seatsub scheme is not offered as a hospitality product, however your hospitality membership is transferable in the sense that it can be passed on to family/friends/colleagues.”

Thanks for clarifying this. That’s good to know!

Think this is fair enough.......

Dear VIP Hospitality Client,

I hope you and your family are well and keeping safe.

Following on from the Club’s recent communication related to additional discounts for next season (7.5% if renewed by 29th May), I would like to advise on further steps taken by the board to provide additional comfort to our valued hospitality clients.

Whilst their remains a degree of uncertainty around the resumption of football in Scotland and, in parallel, on-going Government and SPFL discussions around the possibility of matches behind closed doors, we would like to provide further reassurances.

In the instance of any home match taking place behind closed doors for season 20/21, we will offer all Seasonal clients a credit on their account to recompense for any ‘lost’ matches.

This credit will be calculated on a pro-rata match by match basis.

As your package includes all home games that the first team participate in, we pro-rata based on 30 games. The pro-rata will be calculated against the total amount received for your season place (s). For example, if x 3 matches are played behind closed doors next season, the club will credit this equivalent value back to your account (3 x the equivalent match pro rata value).

As recently communicated we would like to remind you that we have increased our discount, should you wish to pay in full by the 29th May, then a 7.5% discount will be applied.

It is hoped that we may welcome you back for Season 20/21

Think this is fair enough.......

Dear VIP Hospitality Client,

I hope you and your family are well and keeping safe.

Following on from the Club’s recent communication related to additional discounts for next season (7.5% if renewed by 29th May), I would like to advise on further steps taken by the board to provide additional comfort to our valued hospitality clients.

Whilst their remains a degree of uncertainty around the resumption of football in Scotland and, in parallel, on-going Government and SPFL discussions around the possibility of matches behind closed doors, we would like to provide further reassurances.

In the instance of any home match taking place behind closed doors for season 20/21, we will offer all Seasonal clients a credit on their account to recompense for any ‘lost’ matches.

This credit will be calculated on a pro-rata match by match basis.

As your package includes all home games that the first team participate in, we pro-rata based on 30 games. The pro-rata will be calculated against the total amount received for your season place (s). For example, if x 3 matches are played behind closed doors next season, the club will credit this equivalent value back to your account (3 x the equivalent match pro rata value).

As recently communicated we would like to remind you that we have increased our discount, should you wish to pay in full by the 29th May, then a 7.5% discount will be applied.

It is hoped that we may welcome you back for Season 20/21
Just received the email. When they say a credit to your account does this mean it's a credit that can be used to offset the following season's ticket rather than a refund to your credit card etc?

Just received the email. When they say a credit to your account does this mean it's a credit that can be used to offset the following season's ticket rather than a refund to your credit card etc?

That’s the way I read it so not a refund.

Back