Barcelona (2) v Bayern Munich (8)

I think that was a one off, Messi, Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta. Puyol, Valdes? It’s not a conveyer belt, it’s just a golden age

I think you're right but they've spent almost £1 billion on players recently and look like a disjointed mess. Something that's only really now apparent about those players is that's also a strong spine from goalkeeper to centre forward when Messi started playing centrally if you include Pique.

Barca to go through comfortably. Bayern and the Bundesliga, whilst great to watch, isn't as strong as people will have you believe.

EfaJUZNXgAAQNsj

we've found Arturo then :D

Aside from the manager getting the sack the team look like they’re done reminds me of our attempt at 10. This is a trip too far and to sort it would take millions which they appear not to have.

Thing is they’re mostly not really duds. Griezmann could hardly be called a dud. But he clearly doesn’t fit. Club’s gone from having the clearest footballing identity of any to being an expensively assembled mess in the space of a few years.

barca-spending-last-5-years_r1ibz2g8e6fo1vqbj12jvisu6.png

It's just pretty much failure after failure with the exception of Neymar, Griezmann and De Jong who I'd give the benefit of the doubt to based on how much ability he's shown for Ajax and Holland.

Cannot believe how bad barcelona are here. Wtf has happened to them? Bayern players running around unchallenged all night

Well that's the death of a team, time to break them up, absolutely hosed by Bayern and they (Bayern) could easily still score more.

Perhaps then you could say their academy is world-class and their scouting and recruitment is (relatively) abysmal.
Of course not, why would it say that? Of course they bring through great players. My suggestion was that in one small period they had a purple patch.

Back