Barry Feguson - Rangers showing lack of class in naming manager

Yeah - BF certainly should be an authority on 'a lack of class' - A child can understand our shortcomings right now - so maybe it is fitting that he trots out all the obvious negatives again

If the pre targeted manager has a buy out clause he is still technically ‘available’
Only if we can afford that buy out clause.

All those complaining are the same ones complaining that Pedro was a disaster, it took 6 weeks to get Pedro in and now the board are taking their time and not rushing in their an embarrassment, failing in their duty, blah blah blah.

Honestly I really wish we could fire some of our support as easily as we have fired managers in the past few years.

Some of the stuff on here is pathetic , he may be an ex captain but he's a fan like the people of this forum. I'm sure many of the posters have said worse about the board but arnt ridiculed

Some of the stuff on here is pathetic , he may be an ex captain but he's a fan like the people of this forum. I'm sure many of the posters have said worse about the board but arnt ridiculed

You are right, it's all been said on here a Rangers fan's forum, between Rangers fans (lurkers), in pubs and clubs, not in a Rangers hating rag of the Scottish Media.

The next appointment is arguably one of the biggest if not the biggest in the club's history and people are throwing tantrums because the board haven't jumped in straight away and hired a new manager. I've got certain reservations about this board on a few things but I can understand why it's taking some time...money, candidates availability, suitability and credentials all need serious consideration, it's a huge call for the board and I don't envy them one bit, hopefully we'll have our next manager soon and it's someone who has what it takes this time.
Totally agree. We cannot afford to get it wrong again.

Am I to take from this thread that people aren't angry at what he's saying - as it's correct - but they just resent him earning a living?

I'd take it more seriously if people just admit that it's fuelled by pure jealousy. Barry is a West of Scotland Rangers fan who lived the dream that all of us live vicariously through a message board. I think that eats away at some people.

Last edited:
Frankly, yes.

Class would be a smooth transition, with the pre-targeted man appointed within a matter of days.

Barry may not be the most articulate, but he’s a guy who loves Rangers and knows the standards we should maintain.

This is a shambles.

The yahoos get horsed for the unpteenth time in Europe, but what will be tomorrows headline be?
Probably another ex player shooting his mouth off in the media about how shite our club is.:(

Ferguson is spot on. We are 28 days later since our worst manager in history was finally put down. This board let Pedro embarrass us time and time again and for them to believe we are ok with Murty in charge and the players basically running Murray park like kids with a supply teacher is a disgrace.
We need a new manager in now and not Alex McLeish or any left field nutter from the moon. Stability and a period of calm required please board.

Even though he may be correct with some of his views, as a former captain I just wish he would quit the constant negativity.

I want to remember him for scoring the cup final free kick, not for slating the Club

Sorry bears but I'll take fergies words with a pinch of salt.

This captain of our club decided to defy Le Guen and even took his teammates out on the bevvy while under a pre match non anything curfew which by doing meant that Le Guen got the heave-ho in favour of player power.

Shit like this really rips my knitting. Barry, you have zero idea of what’s going on behind the scenes, so shut the %^*& up

Everyone on this forum has said the same thing but will now change their tune and abuse Ferguson, guy is spot on

I have no problem with Barry having an opinion, what I have a problem with is doing it in public for payment from the Sun in his weekly articles. Never see a former captain like Gough or JG writing pieces having a pop at the Club for payment for rags and taking their cash. That is classless.

He may be right, but he is just fuelling fires to keep in work with the Sun.

Barry Ferguson is a hero of mine and have agreed with most things he’s said. Although this maybe overstepped the mark slightly, albeit it may have some truth attached. Certainly rules out the chance of him coming back in a coaching capacity IMO.

Hold on why is he getting slaughtered here? Is what he says in that article not what every one of us have been saying for the last couple of weeks? Everything he's saying is right. If anybody had posted this on here we would all be agreeing. What has he said there that isn't correct??

I don't get the constant accusation in here that ex players who obviously support Rangers criticising what's going on are in some way disloyal or media poodles. Often also gets said ex tims never say negative things about their lot.
The truth is, these guys are being negative because our results are crap, our previous manager a diddy, and our board are apparently sitting clueless what to do next. Every Rangers fan is negative right now.
As for tims in similar media jobs, they are happy clappers right now because their team hasn't lost domestically for 64 games, they are treble holders, clear at the top and about to win a cup final. But when Deila and his team were stumbling along, you saw them quickly becoming very ccritical and negative just as our ex players are doing now.

I'm so fucken angry at this who does he think he is - always shitting on us - canny believe he said that....%^*& him...does anyone have a link so i can read the article though?.

Loved Barry as a player but it's a shame he's allowing himself to be led by the anti-Rangers BBC agenda who are desperate to convince everyone that we're skint.

Back