BBC claims it is editorially fair.

I have said it before, Rangers fans should stop paying the licence fee en-masse

Even just the threat of it (by online petition) coupled with delaying payment until final reminders of final reminders come in would be enough to provoke a reaction from the top brass

Just a pity Stewart didn't bring BBC Radio Scotland into the interview, they keep stirring it all week, and is more or less out of bounds to Rangers fans.

BBC just show they are lies in this statement as they have never had a reporter banned .his press credentials were removed.

BBC Scotland has insisted its football coverage and analysis is editorially fair after Rangers managing director Stewart Robertson claimed the broadcaster "vilified" striker Alfredo Morelos.

Robertson appeared to suggest that incidents involving Rangers players are highlighted more than others on TV highlights show Sportscene and claimed the coverage was influencing decisions made by SFA compliance officer Clare Whyte.
Robertson also criticised the SFA's approach to "re-refereeing" games, a week after goalkeeper Allan McGregor became the first Rangers player to be hit with a retrospective ban this season. Eight other top-flight players have received punishment after matches.

Robertson's comments came amid an ongoing long-term disagreement between Rangers and the BBC.

He told Rangers TV: "We understand incidents are highlighted from all sorts of sources. The correlation with Sportscene is obviously very high.

"We, as a club, have our own issues with the BBC Scotland. BBC have refused to attend Ibrox since November 2015 - and the dispute has gone on much longer than that.
"They recently asked to come to Ibrox, but only to cover the matches. They would not be interviewing our manager and our players.

"Now, if they are treating us differently in that respect, are there other areas where they are also treating Rangers differently in terms of the incidents which we are seeing being highlighted at the weekend?

"You only have to look at the Alfredo Morelos incident in the Old Firm game, where they seemed to spend an inordinate amount of time examining Alfredo's actions, but at no time at all did they look at any other actions from that game with the same scrutiny.
"Morelos was then effectively vilified for three weeks on various BBC platforms. So you have to question if they are treating us differently - they have confirmed in writing that they are treating us differently from every other Premiership club - where else are they treating us differently?"

After going into detail about Rangers' view of the stand-off with the broadcaster, Robertson added: "It is important the compliance officer isn't influenced unduly by Sportscene given that background. All we ever want from the BBC is to be treated fairly, in a balanced way and in an accurate way."

In a statement, BBC Scotland said: "The central part of this dispute is that Rangers is continuing to operate an exceptional ban of one of our journalists.
"We have offered to return to Ibrox to provide commentary, as per our contracted rights, while we try to find a permanent solution to the overall dispute, but Rangers have said this is unacceptable.

"Our coverage, including analysis and comment, is editorially fair.

"We will continue to speak to both Rangers and the SPFL about the situation as we believe it's in the best interest of our audiences to restore the ability to bring commentaries from all SPFL grounds."

fk the bbc.. we actually cancelled our licence last month... cheeky buggers are charging £15 a month from April

It's clear that we're being treated differently by the BBC. Stewart Robertson has highlighted that they have even confirmed this in writing. For them to now say that they're being editorially fair is out and out lies. It's plain to see for anyone who watches that sportscene p*sh. There's quite clearly an agenda against our club and the amount of incidents highlighted against us every week when very similar incidents involving other team's aren't even mentioned is proof of that.

In the longer term, they miss us more than we miss them

I don't see the situation between us and BBC Scotland ever resolving.

The only thing that will fix this is the English side of the Beeb stepping in.
As I have said before, what makes you think it will be any different. Don't you think placemen will be there as well. BBC England must know full well what's going on in Scotland and have done nothing to resolve the situation

I have said it before, Rangers fans should stop paying the licence fee en-masse

Even just the threat of it (by online petition) coupled with delaying payment until final reminders of final reminders come in would be enough to provoke a reaction from the top brass
Ive had the threatening letters and guys at my door.The threat of withholding payment wont work mate, just dont pay it

It's clear that we're being treated differently by the BBC. Stewart Robertson has highlighted that they have even confirmed this in writing. For them to now say that they're being editorially fair is out and out lies. It's plain to see for anyone who watches that sportscene p*sh. There's quite clearly an agenda against our club and the amount of incidents highlighted against us every week when very similar incidents involving other team's aren't even mentioned is proof of that.

In the longer term, they miss us more than we miss them
Stopped watching & listening to them. I would have picked up every Scottish football podcast in the past and their Saturday coverage.
No more.

Any fairminded football fan, no mater the team they support, must surely see, if they are viewrs of Sportscene, that controversial incidents which benefit Rangers are dissected to the nth degree, and summarily Dumb and Dumber (Messrs Stewart & Thomson) will concluded that once again Rangers got a fodgy decision in their favour. ffs it is not even up for debate, our club is cleary treated differently by BBC Scotland, and not just by their Sports team.

Have you ever met any ? Every single "neutral" I have ever spoken to go along with the current BBC agenda.

BBC we do not need them they need us. They would have %^*& all to talk about, if it wasn't for their biased bigoted hatred towards us. Just like the rest of the biased media in scotland, the BBC sports programme is dying

Hold on bbc Scotland’s mantra has been they won’t enter Ibrox until gollum’s press privileges have been restored,yet they just publicly admitted they asked rangers if they could attend Ibrox to cover games.this is clearly an attempt at making it look like rangers are stopping them covering our games at Ibrox.somebody can correct if I am wrong but as rangers haven’t banned the bbc from Ibrox there is nothing to stop them doing live reporting or commentating on our games at Ibrox

Hold on bbc Scotland’s mantra has been they won’t enter Ibrox until gollum’s press privileges have been restored,yet they just publicly admitted they asked rangers if they could attend Ibrox to cover games.this is clearly an attempt at making it look like rangers are stopping them covering our games at Ibrox.somebody can correct if I am wrong but as rangers haven’t banned the bbc from Ibrox there is nothing to stop them doing live reporting or commentating on our games at Ibrox
And it is worth recalling why Gollum had his pass recinded.

He told lies and was caught out. bbc have issued at least two apologies on the back of his lies.
This was before said pass cancellation.

Last edited:
Rangers should take this to a Higher Level IE London Head Office of the BBC.
Talking to the Monkey has got us nowhere Time now for us to Talk to the Organ Grinder.
I see there was no mention of the Despicable Images that they have used in the past tp paint us in a Bad Light.

Well, we didn’t really expect an organisation this petty to suddenly own up to their brazen bias did we?

What I still don’t quite understand though is why BBC HQ in London continue to allow their Scottish counterparts to duck exclusives from the biggest club in the country.

Either they have considerably more autonomy than expected, or London are fully supportive of this nonsense.

Ordinarily I wouldn’t lose any sleep over it, but the influence Sportscene are beginning to have over our onfield fortunes makes this whole standoff far more serious and even sinister.

Robertson didn’t miss with his comments, but we need to scale up the extent of our influence and that needs a lot of clever boxing that I’ve not seen a great deal of evidence of from this board.

Did anyone really expect anything else ,this response was already typed up just waiting for the day.

This will be a war of attrition, if we have the stomach for the fight , otherwise, as I posted yesterday, we might as well have said nothing .

Sustained pressure and non acceptance of BBC bullshit is the only way forward.

You don't need to convince me, i know the BBC are scum.

The day the penny FINALLY dropped was depicting Rangers managers hanging from the rafters in a sickening video.

In other news... water is wet.
They are hardly going to publicly admit to treating rangers differently from the rest and showing a clear bias toward another club.
Scumbags

Did our statement not claim that we had written evidence ? or did this just relate to them not willing to return until full privelleges for McLaughlin were restored ?

You could argue that the BBC have a point if it weren't for a couple of pesky facts,

a) Gollum was never banned, he had his press privileges revoked.

b) He no longer reports for BBC Scotland, he now reports for the BBC mother company.

He was Chief Football correspondent and he is now the Sports News correspondent for the new channel, so his remit wouldn't be to attnd and cover our games like it was previously.

Can we confirm he had his press privileges revoked or has he actually been banned from Ibrox?

You could argue that the BBC have a point if it weren't for a couple of pesky facts,

a) Gollum was never banned, he had his press privileges revoked.

b) He no longer reports for BBC Scotland, he now reports for the BBC mother company.

He never left he was promoted with a nice wee rise of salary and fancy job title. His exact quote below.

Excited to be taking up the role of Sports News Correspondent at BBC Scotland from today. Mostly saying goodbye to pitch-side duties but most certainly not to football. Onwards and upwards.

Well, we didn’t really expect an organisation this petty to suddenly own up to their brazen bias did we?

What I still don’t quite understand though is why BBC HQ in London continue to allow their Scottish counterparts to duck exclusives from the biggest club in the country.

Either they have considerably more autonomy than expected, or London are fully supportive of this nonsense.

Ordinarily I wouldn’t lose any sleep over it, but the influence Sportscene are beginning to have over our onfield fortunes makes this whole standoff far more serious and even sinister.

Robertson didn’t miss with his comments, but we need to scale up the extent of our influence and that needs a lot of clever boxing that I’ve not seen a great deal of evidence of from this board.
This is the critical issue and has/will cost us points.

Editorially fair ?

Where were the constant replays of browns (should have been straight red) challenge against StJ player.
Did they replay his tackle from every angle ?

Back