BBC claims it is editorially fair.

F*cked BBC Scotland and even the BBC down south, that lady's front bottom Dan Walker was defending the BBC over the whole thing on Twitter a while back.

leftist scum who will support anything anti British, who is surprised, go on guys keep voting SNP or labour this is what you get

As long as we keep regurgitating the naive if not uninformed delusion that these people are " leftists" we will continue to lose the intellectual debate. In the past the Red Flag was a flag of convenience for them, now they mostly stand under the twisted SNP swastika.
They are fascists. They are from a religious demographic that throughout the 20th century was the face of fascism and the midwife to nazism. Nothing has changed.

BBC Scotland has insisted its football coverage and analysis is editorially fair after Rangers managing director Stewart Robertson claimed the broadcaster "vilified" striker Alfredo Morelos.

Robertson appeared to suggest that incidents involving Rangers players are highlighted more than others on TV highlights show Sportscene and claimed the coverage was influencing decisions made by SFA compliance officer Clare Whyte.
Robertson also criticised the SFA's approach to "re-refereeing" games, a week after goalkeeper Allan McGregor became the first Rangers player to be hit with a retrospective ban this season. Eight other top-flight players have received punishment after matches.

Robertson's comments came amid an ongoing long-term disagreement between Rangers and the BBC.

He told Rangers TV: "We understand incidents are highlighted from all sorts of sources. The correlation with Sportscene is obviously very high.

"We, as a club, have our own issues with the BBC Scotland. BBC have refused to attend Ibrox since November 2015 - and the dispute has gone on much longer than that.
"They recently asked to come to Ibrox, but only to cover the matches. They would not be interviewing our manager and our players.

"Now, if they are treating us differently in that respect, are there other areas where they are also treating Rangers differently in terms of the incidents which we are seeing being highlighted at the weekend?

"You only have to look at the Alfredo Morelos incident in the Old Firm game, where they seemed to spend an inordinate amount of time examining Alfredo's actions, but at no time at all did they look at any other actions from that game with the same scrutiny.
"Morelos was then effectively vilified for three weeks on various BBC platforms. So you have to question if they are treating us differently - they have confirmed in writing that they are treating us differently from every other Premiership club - where else are they treating us differently?"

After going into detail about Rangers' view of the stand-off with the broadcaster, Robertson added: "It is important the compliance officer isn't influenced unduly by Sportscene given that background. All we ever want from the BBC is to be treated fairly, in a balanced way and in an accurate way."

In a statement, BBC Scotland said: "The central part of this dispute is that Rangers is continuing to operate an exceptional ban of one of our journalists.
"We have offered to return to Ibrox to provide commentary, as per our contracted rights, while we try to find a permanent solution to the overall dispute, but Rangers have said this is unacceptable.

"Our coverage, including analysis and comment, is editorially fair.

"We will continue to speak to both Rangers and the SPFL about the situation as we believe it's in the best interest of our audiences to restore the ability to bring commentaries from all SPFL grounds."
Can someone from our club tell them ,gollum wasn't banned his journalistic licence,privilege was removed ,he STILL get in to Ibrox,fed up emailing those cnuts and always highlighting it!

The club need to respond saying that McLaughlin is more than welcome to enter Ibrox as a paying customer just not in a journalistic capacity because he is a lying rat who can’t be trusted.
They have and I have consistently told them they just keep spouting the same pish!

Is that statement from the BBC Scotland Comedy Unit? They have form for sleights against Rangers, but always respond with the meekest of apologies, if you can even classify them as such. They say you should know your enemies, and by God, we know ours.

F*cked BBC Scotland and even the BBC down south, that lady's front bottom Dan Walker was defending the BBC over the whole thing on Twitter a while back.
It’s hardly surprising that a journalist supports his colleague who is excluded from Ibrox.

Sadly I suspect his support is based on no knowledge of the reasons why he is banned.

The written evidence referred to yesterday should be published for all to see.

Despite yesterday’s interview we are still on the backfoot & we need to Increase the pressure & SR should be much more proactive in fighting for the huge numbers of Rangers fans who are unable to view a balanced report of our games.

The SPFL & SFA should also be doing more for their member clubs as the BBC are clearly in breach of contract and failing to promote Scottish football.

Anyone know when this contract is up?

33le5nm.gif
I hope his bird sees that. He'd never get between her thighs again.

if the shoe was on the other foot Liewell would be in there lobbying MPs.He would have top lawyers collating evidence prior to a law suit against the BBC for harmful practice against the clue and it's brand.Just as he did against the SFA years ago ably abetted by Reid and the pink lawyer.We have no strategy other than an inhouse statement as per usual.And they are still laughing.

The BBC cannot be trusted to be 'editorially fair' - just because they say they are in a statement they're thinking 'that's a good enough reply'. It's not!
We somehow need to keep the pressure on these b@stards.

We could have used facts but that doesn't seem to have registered with anyone at Ibrox.

A researcher could prove beyond doubt that there is bias. What a shame. Another golden opportunity slips by.

Wee Stewy back under his desk I guess.

I don't see the situation between us and BBC Scotland ever resolving.

The only thing that will fix this is the English side of the Beeb stepping in.

I agree I wonder if BBC would allow a debate on the subject with a Rangers representative? Someone from 1872 or David Edgar?
Probably a long shot but as a minimum you hope (against hope) that they’d agree to it?

I've seena statement floating about from the BBC stating that we have "banned" one of their journalists, surely we can sue them if this is what they have said ? enough is enough get the lawyers onto their lies

I agree I wonder if BBC would allow a debate on the subject with a Rangers representative? Someone from 1872 or David Edgar?
Probably a long shot but as a minimum you hope (against hope) that they’d agree to it?

I'd love to see a H&H podcast with someone from the Beeb, not that they would agree to it.

I have written to the BBC a number of times and like a number of us that have complained it has got us nowhere so far. From 2015 what other club in the UK has.been treated in such a way.

One thing I must comment on the people on here who use mentally challenged, poet, 19th Century Terrorist etc do us no favours. What it does do is give ammunition to the BBC and others to write as off as bigots.

Think about it.

They're not. However, nobody that is going to be heard is going to challenge them on that. They'll just continue to lie and Rangers will just continue to let them.

We could have used facts but that doesn't seem to have registered with anyone at Ibrox.

A researcher could prove beyond doubt that there is bias. What a shame. Another golden opportunity slips by.

Wee Stewy back under his desk I guess.
Did you actually see the Statement, SR explained the facts quite clearly in my opinion. They have apologised twice in the last 12 moths so obviously we have taken them to task with facts. Sadly its the BBC and they couldn’t give a fiddlers fu^k as their reply has shown, they still lie through their back teeth.

I have written to the BBC a number of times and like a number of us that have complained it has got us nowhere so far. From 2015 what other club in the UK has.been treated in such a way.

One thing I must comment on the people on here who use mentally challenged, poet, 19th Century Terrorist etc do us no favours. What it does do is give ammunition to the BBC and others to write as off as bigots.

Think about it.
People gonna call a spade a spade Bro.

How can they claim to be fair when the statistics are.showing they are the polar opposite? In a court of law they would be battered about like a nappy saturated in piss. Like a junky pleading not guilty to murder when the evidence against them is overwhelming. It's always more time consuming to carry out an indirect proof but it is a more satisfying achievement.

Stop paying your licence
Let's take them head on in the court of session by crowd funding legal fees

Last edited:
BBC Scotland has insisted its football coverage and analysis is editorially fair after Rangers managing director Stewart Robertson claimed the broadcaster "vilified" striker Alfredo Morelos.

Robertson appeared to suggest that incidents involving Rangers players are highlighted more than others on TV highlights show Sportscene and claimed the coverage was influencing decisions made by SFA compliance officer Clare Whyte.
Robertson also criticised the SFA's approach to "re-refereeing" games, a week after goalkeeper Allan McGregor became the first Rangers player to be hit with a retrospective ban this season. Eight other top-flight players have received punishment after matches.

Robertson's comments came amid an ongoing long-term disagreement between Rangers and the BBC.

He told Rangers TV: "We understand incidents are highlighted from all sorts of sources. The correlation with Sportscene is obviously very high.

"We, as a club, have our own issues with the BBC Scotland. BBC have refused to attend Ibrox since November 2015 - and the dispute has gone on much longer than that.
"They recently asked to come to Ibrox, but only to cover the matches. They would not be interviewing our manager and our players.

"Now, if they are treating us differently in that respect, are there other areas where they are also treating Rangers differently in terms of the incidents which we are seeing being highlighted at the weekend?

"You only have to look at the Alfredo Morelos incident in the Old Firm game, where they seemed to spend an inordinate amount of time examining Alfredo's actions, but at no time at all did they look at any other actions from that game with the same scrutiny.
"Morelos was then effectively vilified for three weeks on various BBC platforms. So you have to question if they are treating us differently - they have confirmed in writing that they are treating us differently from every other Premiership club - where else are they treating us differently?"

After going into detail about Rangers' view of the stand-off with the broadcaster, Robertson added: "It is important the compliance officer isn't influenced unduly by Sportscene given that background. All we ever want from the BBC is to be treated fairly, in a balanced way and in an accurate way."

In a statement, BBC Scotland said: "The central part of this dispute is that Rangers is continuing to operate an exceptional ban of one of our journalists.
"We have offered to return to Ibrox to provide commentary, as per our contracted rights, while we try to find a permanent solution to the overall dispute, but Rangers have said this is unacceptable.

"Our coverage, including analysis and comment, is editorially fair.

"We will continue to speak to both Rangers and the SPFL about the situation as we believe it's in the best interest of our audiences to restore the ability to bring commentaries from all SPFL grounds."

BBC Scotland Sport can feck off.

Hold on bbc Scotland’s mantra has been they won’t enter Ibrox until gollum’s press privileges have been restored,yet they just publicly admitted they asked rangers if they could attend Ibrox to cover games.this is clearly an attempt at making it look like rangers are stopping them covering our games at Ibrox.somebody can correct if I am wrong but as rangers haven’t banned the bbc from Ibrox there is nothing to stop them doing live reporting or commentating on our games at Ibrox

I thought he’d moved to that new channel too. Mind you, I’d be happy if they never get back in.

Time for a crowd funded test case,in court if necessary. I would happily chip in #100 or so if I thought there would be a real impact as the 'shame' of supporting Rangers is becoming more and more apparent in most walks of life in good old scotchland I'm afraid.I have posted about this previously,so won't bother again, but things are getting way out of hand if you ask me.Time for another Rangers FF and to be spent on defending the club.

Likewise mate.

They’re bloody born liars mate. Their behaviour speaks for itself. That wee rhat got banned for doing a post match report after we stuffed Hibs at Easter Road & mentioned that a few bears were done for sectarian singing.
Have you ever heard any reports on matches doing that unless it was a major incident with fans ?

They’re bloody born liars mate. Their behaviour speaks for itself. That wee rhat got banned for doing a post match report after we stuffed Hibs at Easter Road & mentioned that a few bears were done for sectarian singing.
Have you ever heard any reports on matches doing that unless it was a major incident with fans ?
Not to my knowledge mate,I've never had a tv license on principal as it's had a plainly pro republican and anti British stance for decades.
I informed them by letter that if they entered my property I would be seeking legal advice and taking them to court.
Haven't seen or heard from them in years lol.

Not to my knowledge mate,I've never had a tv license on principal as it's had a plainly pro republican and anti British stance for decades.
I informed them by letter that if they entered my property I would be seeking legal advice and taking them to court.
Haven't seen or heard from them in years lol.

Brilliant mate :D:D

Think about it.

At the end of the day the BBC is a publicly funded organisation and is partly paid for by our TV licence money. I don't know the legal ramifications, but if enough Bears signed a petition towards the BBC and threatened to withold TV licence money it might help shake things up a bit?

Dan Walker, the useless c**t who interviewed Mike Ashley on Breakfast Tv like a frightened schoolboy and thanked him at the end for his honesty. That Dan Walker?
My TV barely survived that morning.

At the end of the day the BBC is a publicly funded organisation and is partly paid for by our TV licence money. I don't know the legal ramifications, but if enough Bears signed a petition towards the BBC and threatened to withold TV licence money it might help shake things up a bit?
That's what's needed mate, a campaign to highlight their blatant discrimination against our club.one of the many reasons why they'll never see a penny of my money.

i think this is the road to go down,,it needs to be organised to get sufficient numbers to make it known,then the publicity it would bring would give us the opportunity to show the whole of the uk just how the national broadcaster is playing partisan politics around our club

Did you actually see the Statement, SR explained the facts quite clearly in my opinion. They have apologised twice in the last 12 moths so obviously we have taken them to task with facts. Sadly its the BBC and they couldn’t give a fiddlers fu^k as their reply has shown, they still lie through their back teeth.

I saw the interview and I read the BBC's response. Neither contained significant facts, just opinions.

We are being treated abysmally day in and day out but we need hard evidence to prove this not just a few examples.

'You're no fair'. 'Yes we are'. Its like a pantomime.

Employ a researcher to gather evidence and produce top quality, watertight reports that cant be rebuffed with BBC bullshit.

Dont allow them to lie and get away with it.

Back