BBC claims it is editorially fair.

While it is understandable that some have expressed both dissatisfaction and disappointment over the way that our club have dealt with the BBC Scotland situation, the difficulty in responding to an organisation who clearly have a negative agenda and who persistently use Rangers as a dartboard, to be peppered by darts of criticism, should not be underestimated. I recall, Bobby Robson, when he was getting a very hard time from media people in England, said that he had come to the view that it was pointless and a waste of his time, to respond to the criticism as no matter what he said, the media would always have the last word. That’s the way it is with the people at Pacific Quay and is unlikely to change unless there are both management and staff changes at BBC Scotland.

I don’t want reconciliation. I want their charter removed, them closed down and all the rhats flung on the street.

There is nothing of value on the bbc, that cannot be found (and bettered) elsewhere.

Scum.
you are right, i stopped buying the record about 15 years ago and the sun, i would boycott the BBC the only thing my wife and i watch is occasional documentary,s even most of them carry political messages global warming etc the BBC news is atrocious, they are incapable of producing an unbalanced report,Scottish news just as bad, they do this all the time with different approaches one of their favourites is relative ommision, whereby they leave facts out, eg. they will report on a rape, and tell you the suspect is 6ft about 45 with short hair, the real description would. the suspect was 6ft short black hair spoke with a foreign accent, and dark eyes, you know straight away that a foreigner has done it, BBC crime watch is hilarious they post a picture of the most wanted in Britain,they will describe the person, ,then tell you he is from islington or some other hole, he is wanted for murder he is known to have family in Bengal, do you know where he is , YES he is in BENGAL

Self assessment, the best way to get a true and objective picture of a person or thing.

Trump is a "stable genius", so must be true.

Peter Sutcliffe says "I'm a great guy".

Given the BBC is the leading media outlet in the UK and publishes its own lies, we are at a disadvantage in this fight.

En masse we should just stop paying our tv license (been thinking about it for a while anyway). What could/would they do ?

Bring banners to Ibrox saying as much.

For all, anyone who watches live tv must pay the licence fee. And whilst a person cannot go to jail for not paying the licence fee (so the BBC says), they will appear in court and be fined, and if you dont pay the fine you will go to jail for contempt of court - so the BBC saying you can't go to jail for not paying the licence fee is itself a lie.

What we need is a critical mass of people not paying and making clear why we are not paying.

How many times have the tims MATCH REPORTS had mentioned sectarian singing ? Zilch.

Happens EVERY week at the piggery and away and not a peep. Certainly didn't mention it at Killie. The report by Idesanne said coin thrown at Boyd by "fans" flares let of by "fans", "fans" on pitch.

Irafc only mentioned once at end of piece.

As subtle as a breeze block........protect irafc at all costs.

And still waiting on on the bouncing ball to illustrate their terrorist songsheet

Last edited:
Happens EVERY week at the piggery and away and not a peep. Certainly didn't mention it at Killie. The report by Idesanne said coin thrown at Boyd by "fans" flares let of by "fans", "fans" on pitch.

Irafc only mentioned once at end of piece.

As subtle as a breeze block........protect irafc at all costs.

And still waiting on on the bouncing ball to illustrate their terrorist songsheet

Well said TTB.

The BBC thinks that its coverage of Rangers is fair. Some people think that the Earth is flat and some people think that the Moon is made of green cheese!
I put them all in the same category!:rolleyes:

W.A.T.P.

No, the BBC dont believe that, they are just saying it. The BBC are trolling Rangers, the Tims have so much power they dont care how blatent they are.

Two things I hate about the BBC

1. They are allowed to show highlights of our games given their self imposed ban from Ibrox, allowing then to influence the CO.

2. I have to pay them a licence fee for the privilege.

Second item this morning on BBC Scotland TV news "Steve Clarke sectarian abuse"
Kris Boyd will be feeling hard done by.

BBC Scotland has insisted its football coverage and analysis is editorially fair after Rangers managing director Stewart Robertson claimed the broadcaster "vilified" striker Alfredo Morelos.

Robertson appeared to suggest that incidents involving Rangers players are highlighted more than others on TV highlights show Sportscene and claimed the coverage was influencing decisions made by SFA compliance officer Clare Whyte.
Robertson also criticised the SFA's approach to "re-refereeing" games, a week after goalkeeper Allan McGregor became the first Rangers player to be hit with a retrospective ban this season. Eight other top-flight players have received punishment after matches.

Robertson's comments came amid an ongoing long-term disagreement between Rangers and the BBC.

He told Rangers TV: "We understand incidents are highlighted from all sorts of sources. The correlation with Sportscene is obviously very high.

"We, as a club, have our own issues with the BBC Scotland. BBC have refused to attend Ibrox since November 2015 - and the dispute has gone on much longer than that.
"They recently asked to come to Ibrox, but only to cover the matches. They would not be interviewing our manager and our players.

"Now, if they are treating us differently in that respect, are there other areas where they are also treating Rangers differently in terms of the incidents which we are seeing being highlighted at the weekend?

"You only have to look at the Alfredo Morelos incident in the Old Firm game, where they seemed to spend an inordinate amount of time examining Alfredo's actions, but at no time at all did they look at any other actions from that game with the same scrutiny.
"Morelos was then effectively vilified for three weeks on various BBC platforms. So you have to question if they are treating us differently - they have confirmed in writing that they are treating us differently from every other Premiership club - where else are they treating us differently?"

After going into detail about Rangers' view of the stand-off with the broadcaster, Robertson added: "It is important the compliance officer isn't influenced unduly by Sportscene given that background. All we ever want from the BBC is to be treated fairly, in a balanced way and in an accurate way."

In a statement, BBC Scotland said: "The central part of this dispute is that Rangers is continuing to operate an exceptional ban of one of our journalists.
"We have offered to return to Ibrox to provide commentary, as per our contracted rights, while we try to find a permanent solution to the overall dispute, but Rangers have said this is unacceptable.

"Our coverage, including analysis and comment, is editorially fair.

"We will continue to speak to both Rangers and the SPFL about the situation as we believe it's in the best interest of our audiences to restore the ability to bring commentaries from all SPFL grounds."

If anyone believes the bbc then they are the most gullable people in the world.

Lying fuuks.

Back