Best Rangers Pub

Red Lion in Glasgow
Sandy Row over by
Bramalea in Canada
Ibrox bar Tenerife

All really good bar staff and friendly natives
Good Rangers decor and tunes freely available

I know it wasn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but the Argyll bar under central station always had a great atmosphere and you could stand outside and have a sing song given the very good acoustics of the area.
:D
I went in there before a. Champions League game (that pretty much dates it). And there were bodies lying everywhere.
I had a JD and Coke with an obligatory double for an extra 60p. The “Coke” was dispersed from a 2 litre bottle of Panda Pop and I managed to say no to ice because she was disjoining it out with her fingers :D

Free pies, filled rolls. Free mixers would be nice like the old days in pubs with bottles of lemonade, lime cordial, orange and coke on the bar to put in your in drinks. A thing of the past, though, as pubs would charge you for ice if they could these days. Sorry, misread the first post, I thought it was what you like and what else you'd like in a Gers pub.

Glaswegian was the best and won't ever be beaten
Agree,Dublin Loyal’s home from home it was our match day routine.outside the doors for opening time and sometimes still in it at closing time.one night in particular was one of the best nights I ever had in a Rangers pub.at one point I looked round and their were bears from from every corner of the UK as well as a few Hamburg boys and ourselves all having a ball with neilly doing what he did:cool:

Out of interest, if it was that good, why did it shut?

Not a dig at all, many folk talk very highly of it so curious why it didn’t survive.
Big Sam who ran it got all sorts of grief from the city council and the police.he once got a visit and one of the accusations was the Dublin Loyal “behind enemy lines” banner was on display and it was wait for it “sectarian”

Big Sam who ran it got all sorts of grief from the city council and the police.he once got a visit and one of the accusations was the Dublin Loyal “behind enemy lines” banner was on display and it was wait for it “sectarian”
Now it's a gay sauna or something...That's how much Glasgow City Council despise us. They'd prefer that to a busy pub just off the city centre...:rolleyes:

Agree,Dublin Loyal’s home from home it was our match day routine.outside the doors for opening time and sometimes still in it at closing time.one night in particular was one of the best nights I ever had in a Rangers pub.at one point I looked round and their were bears from from every corner of the UK as well as a few Hamburg boys and ourselves all having a ball with neilly doing what he did:cool:
My 2 favourite days in it were the Fiorentina away game and winning the league at Tannadice in 2009. Utter bedlam.

For venues with more than one area, I enjoy when there’s a dj / presenter in one of the rooms playing a wider range of music with the fitba songs mixed in rather than constant fitba tunes. Changes things up a bit if it’s an all dayer like old firm days.

Most important thing is good beer, fast service and no bampots.

Now it's a gay sauna or something...That's how much Glasgow City Council despise us. They'd prefer that to a busy pub just off the city centre...:rolleyes:

Think the gay sauna is at Annie Millers.

Not that I've ever ventured in, but when Annie's was still open benders would be see going in and out the place.

Used to make a point of going into Annie Millers for a few games of pool and and pints. Pool table impractical in a lot of places.

My 2 favourite days in it were the Fiorentina away game and winning the league at Tannadice in 2009. Utter bedlam.

Fiorentina away game in the Glassy was one of my best nights ever watching Rangers. I remember everyone was on the tables after Nacho scored, it was absolutely madness and I loved every second of it.

The place went downhill after it became The Waterfront (I think that's what it changed too - memory is bad) - attracted too many arseholes.

Last edited:
I went in there before a. Champions League game (that pretty much dates it). And there were bodies lying everywhere.
I had a JD and Coke with an obligatory double for an extra 60p. The “Coke” was dispersed from a 2 litre bottle of Panda Pop and I managed to say no to ice because she was disjoining it out with her fingers :D
That place was absolutely mental

The Burnside in Campbeltown was staunch as %^*& in its hay day! Always mind the Lovenkrands header cup final when the boozer was decked out in flags & colours galore. The street opposite also the same, what a day that was!

It's still a Rangers boozer today even though 1 of the bar staff is a tartan army loving & Rangers hating arrogant prick. People try & play down it being a Rangers pub but all the die hards & locals know the score! Not a place for a Bheggar on Old Firm day!!

Nostalgia hat on - The Red Lion
Bias hat on - The Bellrock
but vote goes to, though only it it once, The Green Man. Proper Rangers boozer and great atmosphere for tge Feyenoord game couple years back.

The Bluebells , PDC, Lanzarote.

Don’t drink a great deal but feel at home when I go there. Always made feel welcome.

In Glasgow I like The District, The Stonefield Tavern in Blantyre is also good.

Would love to visit the Club in Stornaway.
Kenny is a good guy and has the balance spot on. As does Craig in The Bluebell in Los Cristianos

On a side note, is the Ibrox Bar in Benidorm open all year round? Going for a few days mid October and think we’re playing Hamilton on the Sunday and need somewhere to watch it.

Watched the Motherwell game in the Humber Pilot just around the corner from the Ibrox Bar. Would recommend it and the NI Supporters Club just a few doors up. Both excellent Loyalist pubs.

Had a few beers in the Ibrox Bar as well. As usual it was very welcoming.

Every once in a while I ask what fans would like to see in our ( Rangers ) pubs.
So I would like to ask what is your favourite Rangers Pub or Club through out the world and why ?
For the purpose of this thread, can we ignore The Louden: Ibrox Stadium.
No idea how this has resurfaced after three and a half years. But still a decent conversation
I know lots of people have their own favorite Rangers Pubs, growing up in Duke Street in the early seventies mine was The Bristol
The reason I liked it was that most of the people were local and all our families knew each other and always had a 'community ' feel about it.
Was one of the RSC that I was a member of, a cracking bus run by two older lads ( friends of my brothers ) Andy Smillie and Jackie Clark, who I'm still friends with to this day.
The guy that stayed below me and whose boys grew up with me was the Manager and used to have a ' record player ' on the bar and played all our tunes
That's why I asked what did you like about your favourite Rangers Pub, most just answered the name of the pub but very few the reasons.

Amazing he amount of 'our' pubs have been lost in the last decade or so

Back