Best Rangers Pub

@Robert Marshall Would you be able to get speakers on the outside of the Louden? Standing in the queue for the subway as always after the game today but couldn't help but think how much better it would be if you could give the fans patiently waiting to go home one last buzz before their next trip to Ibrox.

Walkers bar in Bridgeton, was always good, now a Greggs.
One of the issues for me, in a lot of the pubs, usually after a big match, is having 2, or 3 police vans parked up outside.
It does put you off, having a relaxing pint and a sing song, as you feel they are just waiting to see you step out of line, whilst having one to many, for them to jail you.

Walkers bar in Bridgeton, was always good, now a Greggs.
One of the issues for me, in a lot of the pubs, usually after a big match, is having 2, or 3 police vans parked up outside.
It does put you off, having a relaxing pint and a sing song, as you feel they are just waiting to see you step out of line, whilst having one to many, for them to jail you.
If you sing acceptable songs, you don't have an issue

The Glaswegian.

Not a big pub goer - but I have plenty of good memories in that pub.

Travelled down to Man City v HSV, with the Glassy. What a trip.

Sat in the away end at the disco dome, in amongst the Hamburg fans - organised through the Glaswegian.

Quality pub.

I think that will be done for next game

You don't ask you don't get, magic!

See to be honest, I think a lot of fans actually go in for the tunes as well, makes it all part of the matchday experience whereas you get better music in the Louden than you do inside Ibrox because the club seem to reject all ties to Northern Ireland so they would never really play any fan favourites.

It's a cracking wee bar but not a patch on the Bluebells in PDC mate.

I’ve been to both, but really prefer the more low key appearance and atmosphere of the Terrace, (not to say anything negative whatsoever towards the Bluebells, but I think it’s quite a different experience going there IMO) ,also found the owners and regulars to be extremely friendly and just the perfect place for a cold beer on a hot holiday with like-minded people.

Always good when the bouncers aren't complete rockets.
Better still when licensees don't try defend the aforementioned rockets regardless of their nedish behaviour.

I’ve been to both, but really prefer the more low key appearance and atmosphere of the Terrace, (not to say anything negative whatsoever towards the Bluebells, but I think it’s quite a different experience going there IMO) ,also found the owners and regulars to be extremely friendly and just the perfect place for a cold beer on a hot holiday with like-minded people.
No probs with that mate, everybody likes different shades of blue/orange and we try to be in the middle on match days. Otherwise we are normally a bluenose bar but have a very varied clientele day to day, and try to adapt. I’d guess 60-65% Rangers fans. Not everyone likes the same things!

In my opinion, the reputation of RFC is best served by a Rangers pub being a quality pub, encouraging people to warm to Rangers. I can personally vouch for this happening loads of times.

The team only plays for 90/180 minutes a week but we are open for over 100 hours! Doesn’t suit everyone but hopefully the 80/20 rule applies!

Rangers makes our bar what it is though and that’s what we are and always will be.

WATP. Kenny.

Nothing comes close to the Bristol Bar IMO and only 5 minutes from my hoose :cool:
IMG_8726.jpg

35113974_1761236447290862_8925639500827197440_n.jpg

Memories of Partick. We had it right back then and will always be where my benchmark is when I think of great times in a rangers pub. Well before new owners came in for a bit to try and make it something it wasn't.
They don't make em like that no more.

Partick is a shadow of what it was in the 80/90s.

Bar none Benalmadena not the busiest or the loudest but great staff and sunshine and great atmosphere on big games

I loved the Ibrox House in Utrecht. Good looking boozer, well adourned with flags and memorabilia in the right place, right time with brilliant atmosphere. The time and the place during the Rangers Dutch period plus the volume of Scottish lads working over there at the time just hit home. Almost impossible to replicate.

Been shut for at least 18 years

About 10 years easy I reckon i have been going.

Would be better if I could take my dogs though B-D
Can recall takin the mrs into the louden Ibrox after a game in division 3 and im sure it had been open a while before that so more than 10 years now

Reactions: GF1
Back