Best Rangers Pub

The Bristol bar although I don't frequent it anymore it was and always had been the best

Memory's of it will last a a lifetime

Every once in a while I ask what fans would like to see in our ( Rangers ) pubs.
So I would like to ask what is your favourite Rangers Pub or Club through out the world and why ?
For the purpose of this thread, can we ignore The Louden: Ibrox Stadium.
Bramalea Toronto Kirkie thanks John

Anyone remember a pub called the Mermaid many decades ago - used to have to stand outside while all the men drank.

Can't remember the location but I am sure it was called that.
If you mean in Glasgow then it’s just round the corner from Bridgeton Cross. It’s still there bud sadly closed.

Used to love the Britannia in Ardrossan when it was there. Loved the Clachan and Glaswegian as well. The Sandy Row RSC over the water is my personal favourite though.

Back in the day it was The Rosevale in Partick or Memories. Moving from the latter was the death knell for our wee bus :(

Up to date though is The Grapes, it's a well run, friendly pub, seems devoid of big egos which is good. Just likeminded punters all having a beer in a cracking boozer.
Memories was a cracking wee boozer and I remember it as the Spring well before that.

The atmosphere and entertainment in the Ibrox bar in Tenerife is brilliant but the Bristol bar is the best out the lot for me.

Back in the day it was The Rosevale in Partick or Memories. Moving from the latter was the death knell for our wee bus :(

Up to date though is The Grapes, it's a well run, friendly pub, seems devoid of big egos which is good. Just likeminded punters all having a beer in a cracking boozer.

Yes......but that wasn't our choice to move from there. Remember when the place got a complete revamp......snacks and beer coasters to be used. It was a revolution :D

The days when bigotry was what it was, then the gentrification of Partick started.

Exactly mate. The good times where you went to places on buses on a Friday night to see 2 guys and a keyboard. Nobody batted an eyelid.......not the disgusting thing it's become these days.......back in the days where guys could wear FTP sweatbands :D

It’s only a Rangers bar on certain occasions when the sons take over from the Dad who’s a Jambo. Chemise bar in Villamartin, there’s a few decent bits of football memorabilia on the walls however on the day we scored 3 in the first 7 minutes then they did it right. Good looking lassies on the bar in Rangers polos, tunes on the radio before, at halftime and after the game. The sunshine and cheaper booze always help as well.

What a day!

The winton arms kilwinning sadly no longer their orange lily the owner wouldnt let any catholics in or even anyone wearing green she will be up their with ian paisley slagging of the tims kilwinning also has Lodge Mother No 0 the oldest in the world proud to have grown up here staunch wee town but has an infest of scummy tims now like most places WATP gstq #still going for 55 love all you bluenose brothers and sisters no fkn surrender ever

The Victoria Bar in Howgate was certainly a good blue nose pub a few years ago, don’t know about now. If it’s still the same owner it still will be.

I loved the Ibrox House in Utrecht. Good looking boozer, well adourned with flags and memorabilia in the right place, right time with brilliant atmosphere. The time and the place during the Rangers Dutch period plus the volume of Scottish lads working over there at the time just hit home. Almost impossible to replicate.

Such a surreal sight, walking through a Dutch housing estate and finding a Rangers pub in the middle of nowhere.

My uncle worked and lived in Amsterdam at the time and we went to the pub to watch a couple of games.

Exactly mate. The good times where you went to places on buses on a Friday night to see 2 guys and a keyboard. Nobody batted an eyelid.......not the disgusting thing it's become these days.......back in the days where guys could wear FTP sweatbands :D

:D:D:D:D:Dlisten you, that sweat band is epic!

Back in the day where an 'IRA bang, bang, bang' tee shirt would have been acceptable as was a 3 hours long cd featuring the Thornlie Boys heavily and that song with all the gunfire........:D

Such a surreal sight, walking through a Dutch housing estate and finding a Rangers pub in the middle of nowhere.

My uncle worked and lived in Amsterdam at the time and we went to the pub to watch a couple of games.

I had a cracking day in there in June or July 2000 with a mate when we had been in Amsterdam. Bumped into a couple of boys from N.I. too (who were also caught up with at the Arena Stadium tour by total coincidence a few days later)

Where is George these days?

He spent the afternoon with us showing pictures from Mols being there (and Chick Young too IIRC) when he presented him with his jerseys from the CL group that year.

His wee boy was great too. Funny to hear a wee Dutch kid (though he'll be about 25 or so now) belting out the tunes

Last edited:
Isle of Skye bears help please. I remember going into a tiny Rangers bar right on the harbour on Portree when I visited the island in the 90s. I would expect it’s gone now. I remember the owner had one of the walls of the pub painted cartoon style of a Skye Harbour scene. The wall had a big Rangers fish swallowing a Celtic fish. Great wee place and we got a lock in that night. Anyone from
Skye know the history of this pub ?
Otis Blue, I was in the same bar in Skye a big mural on the wall of a shark about to swallow a ceptic fish, that was in the nineties as well and we also got a lock in , one guy playing away on the squeezebox

Bristol bar wins it for the ones I’ve visited here. Always a good night regardless of the result and the place is done up really well.
Ibrox bar in Tenerife is also very good.

I had a cracking day in there in June or July 2000 with a mate when we had been in Amsterdam. Bumped into a couple of boys from N.I. too (who were also caught up with at the Arena Stadium tour by total coincidence a few days later)

Where is George these days?

He spend the afternoon with us showing pictures from Mols being there (and Chick Young too IIRC) when he presented him with his jerseys from the CL group that year.

His wee boy was great too. Funny to hear a wee Dutch kid (though he'll be about 25 or so now) belting out the tunes

Regarding George looks like he’s been in a fair bit of bother. He was head of security at Utrecht.
Got done for dealing drugs, possession of firearms, money laundering and being part of a criminal
organisation. The book the Happy Dust Gang deals with his exploits in his younger days.
Here is a link to him getting jailed in 2012. At the bottom are a number of links to his other
mistamenours..

https://www.rtvutrecht.nl/nieuws/421150/lagere-straf-voor-george-duncan.html

There was a mermaid in bridgeton aswell
Mermaid bar was in Saltcoats it’s in the song not bridgeton

The song goes (a fine wee pub in Saltcoats mermaid bar you’ll hear the sash and derrys walls just like in your own wee orange halls)

The Mermaid Bar to which the original song refers is the one in James Street, Bridgeton.
The song has been going for at least 50 years.

The Mermaid Bar to which the original song refers is the one in James Street, Bridgeton.
The song has been going for at least 50 years.

You’re right, that was the original Mermaid. The Thornlie Boys sung a Saltcoats version of the song though.

The Croft Bar, Paisley - GBNF.

Otherwise, I'd say the Bristol is a fine establishment, well thought out decor and regular events on to keep the punters coming through the door.

;)
Regarding George looks like he’s been in a fair bit of bother. He was head of security at Utrecht.
Got done for dealing drugs, possession of firearms, money laundering and being part of a criminal
organisation. The book the Happy Dust Gang deals with his exploits in his younger days.
Here is a link to him getting jailed in 2012. At the bottom are a number of links to his other
mistamenours..

https://www.rtvutrecht.nl/nieuws/421150/lagere-straf-voor-george-duncan.html
George is alive and kicking in the Costa Del Sol, not going to say where, but he’s doing well.

Don’t think FF punters need to no of his past misdemeanours ;);)

The Argyle Bar under the Hielanman’s Umbrella, long gone but you could buy your Xmas presents of the “sellers” whilst having a pint and listening to tunes/music.

The Golden Last in Scarborough, the most bizarre.

The Rangers Club in Scarborough (the wee Coffin Club) is excellent.

The trips down to the bogs though in the Argyle was like the Krypton Factor

Although technically its not a pub the Calvay Club is a cracking place. 2 good bars and some amazing memorabilia on the walls.

in the glassy you felt at home, everyone was the best
god I miss it

see if I need to give up my job , my child and my adult channel subscription to have 1 more night in the glassy, I would consider

Glaswegian Bar
Simply the Best
And the big man is still in the huff wi me because I drank his Tiger beer,just a few bottles :)

On a side note, is the Ibrox Bar in Benidorm open all year round? Going for a few days mid October and think we’re playing Hamilton on the Sunday and need somewhere to watch it.

Back